cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors - July 2021

Andu_S
Customer Support Agent

Hi Community,

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the great conversations on the Community last month! The Community could not be such a great place to get support without you all.

We’d like to give a special thanks to all our members who earned Community Rewards for their contributions. These members were able to make a big impact and support their fellow Community members by providing detailed and high quality solutions.

A huge thank you to our Oracles, who go above and beyond by not only starting healthy discussions, but also help others to better understand our services and contribute to our awesome Community on a daily basis.

A big congrats to the 2 Community members who earned the Top 1% Reward. The daily work of these awesome folks is truly amazing!

And a big shout out as well to the 6 members who earned the Top 5% Reward and the 8 members who were in the Top 10%! Their contributions to the Community should not go unnoticed.

Together, the Community members in the top 1%, 5% and 10% had a total of 342 accepted solutions in July. Thank you all for your amazing work!

A monthly badge for your contribution level has been added to your Community profile.  A Community Reward will be given to all the contributors on a reward-eligible plan on your next payment due date.

Reward Chart.png

Want to learn more about how to be a top contributor? Getting started is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas.  And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

Andu_S_0-1628766798551.png

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper.

Andu_S_1-1628766798554.png

• The Public Mobile Community Team

108 REPLIES 108

@shahestates 

Since the award just showed up today this is for August Community activity/rewards just announced today under a new topic (rather than July).

AE_Collector

shahestates
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@BlueB wrote:

@shahestates 

Congratulations!  The timing tricky, but is likely the Community Reward is already in your account.  Log into the Self Serve portal, and if you see the Community Reward there + no renewal yet, then it should get applied for payment.  If not, it will be there for your next cycle!  🙂

Yes, I just checked it and it's showing $1 Community Reward for me. 😀

Thanks to PM Community system

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@shahestates 

Congratulations!  The timing tricky, but is likely the Community Reward is already in your account.  Log into the Self Serve portal, and if you see the Community Reward there + no renewal yet, then it should get applied for payment.  If not, it will be there for your next cycle!  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shahestates : Yes. You should be seeing the $1 under Rewards next to Community. Congrats. 

shahestates

@darlicious wrote:

@WHoAce 

Ok I will start tracking your stats for September and see if you are likely to make the "list" in October.

Welcome to the community!

Come hang out.....read, learn, post, bravo, share....use the search bar to find answers or ask questions or start your own thread to get answers or opinions and award a solution to the best answer. All of your contributions will get tallied using the top secret formula and compared to everyone else's to determine if you have earned a community reward. Around the 5th or the 6th of the month it will show up under rewards in your self serve account.

I did all of above and just got these two badges today:

50% Badge.jpg

My monthly bill is due tomorrow. Does it means I am eligible for my first $1 community reward in the tomorrow payment?

@WHoAce 

Ok I will start tracking your stats for September and see if you are likely to make the "list" in October.

Welcome to the community!

Come hang out.....read, learn, post, bravo, share....use the search bar to find answers or ask questions or start your own thread to get answers or opinions and award a solution to the best answer. All of your contributions will get tallied using the top secret formula and compared to everyone else's to determine if you have earned a community reward. Around the 5th or the 6th of the month it will show up under rewards in your self serve account.

@WHoAce  Participate .. come here, post your questions, answer questions that you know, bravos others and I am sure you will get the Community reward next month.

Welcome to PM

WHoAce
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Congrats everyone. Hope to make it on the list soon.

shahestates

Hello and congratulations to all who participate your ongoing help is much appreciated.

32263846.jpg

@consulting wrote:

Is there a list of who the contributors are or that is considered private information and you just inform us of how many were in each category type of stats?

The information about which reward level any given member has earned is available by looking at the badges of the specific member.

@consulting   credit goes to @darlicious  for providing the list monthly  (Trust me.. lots of work to compute the list for all of us..)

Re: Top Contributors - July 2021 - Page 3 - Community (publicmobile.ca)

consulting

Is there a list of who the contributors are or that is considered private information and you just inform us of how many were in each category type of stats?

thanks

chris

guyco

Félicitations à tous les participants et les contributeurs de haut niveau.

halendeng

Congratulations to the top contributors in July 2021!

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Congratulations to all contributors. Let us continue to strive for the community and Public Mobile to improve as a whole.

@softech wrote:

I still won't advise Full Time Uber driver depends on PM.  The Autopay is still an issue.  Yes, I understand the Hybrid model is great, you save $2 and you make sure you get your service.  

But many people, once they setup Autopay, and another automatic payment with another other services, they will depend on Autopay to work 100%.  Cannot blame them for dependent on that.  After all, this is what automatic payment is for. 

(it's a different issue if people forgot to update their credit card expiry date.. it's totally the user's fault if they forgot)

@softech  Business line??

I have given some thought to the issue of service disruptions and have concluded a residential phone service, cellular or landline, alone is not a good solution if you cannot tolerate several days without service. A business voip service seems to offer the best balance of dependability and price BUT I am not an expert just an interested bystander on business service.

Some reading for you:

VOIP: https://top5voipproviders.com/ca/   and https://www.gonevoip.ca/

STILL WANT PM for the price: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/100-SERVICE/m-p/183753#M33693

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

hello_everyone

congrats to everyone 🙂

tarsbo

Congratulations to all the top contributors of July! Your help and support is so appreciated!

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Congratulations to July's top contributors.

I still won't advise Full Time Uber driver depends on PM.  The Autopay is still an issue.  Yes, I understand the Hybrid model is great, you save $2 and you make sure you get your service.  

But many people, once they setup Autopay, and another automatic payment with another other services, they will depend on Autopay to work 100%.  Cannot blame them for dependent on that.  After all, this is what automatic payment is for. 

(it's a different issue if people forgot to update their credit card expiry date.. it's totally the user's fault if they forgot)

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mimmo 

3 years ago, CSA(called moderator back then) wait time was up to 1 week.  There was a Uber driver without phone service for a week on my first day on this community.  I was having second thought about joining PM.  The $25 one time refer-a-friend credit for the referrer and the referee promo kept me here.  

My first community reward was a 10% badge after 4 days on this community learning and helping members with issues.  PM has made lots of improvements to get to this point with short wait time from CSA support. 

3 years ago, I did not recommend PM service for running a business or someone's job depending on a working phone.  The Uber driver taking an unscheduled 1 week off is an example.  I have no issue to recommending PM service to anyone now.

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv 

Oracles

@darlicious oh, that's what you meant !  👍

Yeah, but they are a given, fixed monthly reward, so I didn't include that.

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv 

You're missing a column from:

• April/20-6,
  • May/20 thru Dec/20-5
  • Jan/21 to present-9

Hi @darlicious sorry, I don't follow.

What am I missing ?

@esjliv 

You're missing a column from April/20-6, May/20 thru Dec/20-5, Jan/21 to present-9.

@mimmo 

Yes that can account for lower payouts but while the top I % and some of the top 5% produce numbers = help quotient that is the same if not more than before pm shrinks the top badge level numbers with a trickle down effect......except of course the numbers at the very top the stay the same despite the shrinking amount of help offered by half of that number. So I suppose if pm has to shrink it's rewards then it has to come from the bottom up....to the top 1%. Where it stops.

@mimmo wrote:

@darlicious   could the "lower total payout"  be a factor of the "improvements"  at PM?  ie fewer issues/bugs, fewer people posting problems, getting answers from Chatbot etc?  thus if the number of active users (people posting issues) is less  then the rewards will be less.  

back in the day i recall increases in the announcements typically coinciding with hard to beat/exciting  promos, when PM was being proactive the way not reactive... but those were the days....  

@mimmo 

According to the Top Contributor announcements, here are the Total Solutions per month, with 1%, 5% and 10% numbers that were posted in those announcements as well.

The amount of members being rewarded do seem to correlate to the Total Solutions.

Is this related to few bugs, fewer people posting, less Public Mobile customers, other?

Award Month1% ($15)5% ($10)10% ($5)Total Solutions
2020-0441316428
2020-053912370
2020-06289462
2020-07289449
2020-083810564
2020-093911553
2020-102810466
2020-11278452
2020-1241417696
2021-0131013541
2021-023912315
2021-033810365
2021-043810385
2021-05268325
2021-06278332
2021-07268342

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious   could the "lower total payout"  be a factor of the "improvements"  at PM?  ie fewer issues/bugs, fewer people posting problems, getting answers from Chatbot etc?  thus if the number of active users (people posting issues) is less  then the rewards will be less.  

back in the day i recall increases in the announcements typically coinciding with hard to beat/exciting  promos, when PM was being proactive the way not reactive... but those were the days....  

@darlicious wrote:

@barndoor 

Oh @pm-smayer97 has been here long before that....

Oh yes... been here long enough... maybe too long?

@AE_Collector wrote:

@darlicious 

With temperatures in Greater Vancouver on their way to 38C / 100.4F today, the heat in your house with the Univac 5000 running with all its vacuum tubes must be horrendous. Get working the windows and doors to block the sun but get a small breeze anywhere you can. Be sure to Dial 911 before passing out. 

AE_Collector

Be thankful for the invention of A/C. Used to dislike it in my twenties. So glad to have it in mid-life.

@popping wrote:

Congratulations to all contributors who make this community great.  Keep up with tht great work.

Stay positive, test negative and have better and better days with fully vaccinated

Nice sentiment... BTW, being injected does not necessarily translate to better days.... just look up the stats for the millions negatively impacted... both short term and some long term.

Need Help? Let's chat.