cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors – April 2021

Andu_S
Customer Support Agent

Hi Community,

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the great conversations on the Community last month! The Community could not be such a great place to get support without you all.

We’d like to give a special thanks to all our members who earned Community Rewards for their contributions. These members were able to make a big impact and support their fellow Community members by providing detailed and high quality solutions.

A huge thank you to our Oracles, who go above and beyond by not only starting healthy discussions, but also help others to better understand our services and contribute to our awesome Community on a daily basis.

A big congrats to the 3 Community members who earned the Top 1% Reward. The daily work of these awesome folks is truly amazing!

And a big shout out as well to the 8 members who earned the Top 5% Reward and the 10 members who were in the Top 10%! Their contributions to the Community should not go unnoticed.

Together, the Community members in the top 1%, 5% and 10% had a total of 385 accepted solutions in April. Thank you all for your amazing work!

A monthly badge for your contribution level has been added to your Community profile.  A Community Reward will be given to all the contributors on a reward-eligible plan on your next payment due date.

Reward Chart.png

Want to learn more about how to be a top contributor? Getting started is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas.  And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

Andu_S_0-1620560580945.png

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper.

Andu_S_1-1620560580946.png

• The Public Mobile Community Team

81 REPLIES 81

Dgraziani
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Congratulations to everyone who scored some discounts in the community and for helping out others!

@Anonymous wrote:

And this place has steadily got slower and slower traffic. A few nights ago for a couple nights, I would call it a night and then up in the morning there were just a small handful of posts and those were continuations of threads, not new questions.

That might be a good sign.. it means PM has been behaving and our members have less headache  🙂

For sure, @Anonymous 

Numbers and reward levels seem relative to total activity & total users (and who knows what other 'metrics' used by PM)   

If it weren't for @darlicious (and another user i know) who screenshots various user's activity routinely, I'd have little concept how MUCH time I've spent online here since coming online around Autumn 2020.

It seems also around that time, two other big-time posters (gblackma & jb456???) started easing off.   So... lucky timing, i guess.    And so the cycle of users go by while the z10user4's of the forum live long and prosper.  🖖

Anyway folks - enjoy the coming months - get outside - be well - live life!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS wrote:

The reason I used  "and up" was to demonstrate that once one reaches the metrics to get into the top 1%,  it doesn't matter if they get more solutions or posts as they've already reached the top reward level at Public Mobile currently gives.

But you don't know it until it all comes out in the wash. You saw from your numbers how it can fluctuate depending on the rest of the traffic. And this place has steadily got slower and slower traffic. A few nights ago for a couple nights, I would call it a night and then up in the morning there were just a small handful of posts and those were continuations of threads, not new questions. Other than the frenzy last Spring from everybody being home from covid...it's been a steady trend. Seems bugs are being smacked around here. Used to be I'd wade through several to many pages in the morning.

@darlicious

Oh,  that was conceding?  I guess so... 😉

You also wrote,

"still very low but could be the stats of lowest member in each badge level in maybe the slowest months (summer) of the year."

I also stated it just a wild guess, so anyone reading it should have taken it with a grain of salt.

The reason I used  "and up" was to demonstrate that once one reaches the metrics to get into the top 1%,  it doesn't matter if they get more solutions or posts as they've already reached the top reward level at Public Mobile currently gives.

That's all... cheers!!!

@HALIMACS 

I did concede....

Ok....now that I have reread your post your "wild guess" at the numbers needed for the higher reward amounts are still very low but could be the stats of lowest member in each badge level in maybe the slowest months (summer)of the year.

.....and while you did say "and up" it is gives false hope to anyone aiming for the minimum numbers to reach a certain level. While solutions come easy for a tiny few that mostly use a certain "style" they do not come easy for most including myself as I have never reached 40 in a calendar month.

@darlicious wrote:

@HALIMACS 

Lol.... You're not even close! Since it's all about math today just do the basics your stats divided by the amount of months  you have been here and you'll get a general idea of what it takes....

Looking back, @darlicious , I think my initial wild guesses, especially for the overall average numbers of "solutions" and "posts" for the average user attaining the 1% and 5% levels, were pretty dang close,  (especially for a 'rookie' user - not having the Univac 5000 at my disposal).  🤣🤣🤣

Here's what I posted earlier: 

To get to 1%, you're likely looking at about 40'ish and up solutions in any given month, 300 bravos and up in the same period, and lord knows how many posts (maybe 300-600).

For the top 5%, likely 10-40 solutions in any given month, 100 or more bravos, and perhaps 100-300 posts.

Your subsequent stats posted from another thread Re: February, March and April stats and stuff - Community (publicmobile.ca) were:

April 2021

Top 1% (3 members)         

Post/bravo/solutions        total : 1983/2478/159 

Top 5% ( 8 members)       

Post/bravo/solutions        total : 1520/2554/178    

March 2021 

Top 1% ( 3 members)      

Post/bravo/solutions        total : 2272/3163/147   

Top 5% ( 8 members)        

Post/bravo/solutions        total : 1571/3225/119  

February 2021
Top 1% ( 3 members)        

Post/bravo/solutions        total : 1177/2653/125  

Top 5% (9 members)        

Post/bravo/solutions        total :  2013/3295/95   

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congratulations everyone

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

congrats to those made it this month.   More coming next round!  😀

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Congratulations to all contributors. Let us continue to strive for the community and Public Mobile to improve as a whole.

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

pkara01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

congrats to all winners

@HALIMACS wrote

Essentially, put into it what you can, when you can, and reap the benefits of knowing you've tried to help others, and the rewards will hopefully come your way!!!

Absolutely!!!

I am not aiming for 1 nor 5 nor any other percentage.

If I can clarify something to somebody, help them to stop panic if something does not work as expected or just to encourage them, I will be more than happy. If I get a buck or two in a process that is just 'attaboy' acknowledgement.

@HALIMACS 

Ok....now that I have reread your post your "wild guess" at the numbers needed for the higher reward amounts are still very low but could be the stats of lowest member in each badge level in maybe the slowest months (summer)of the year.

In reference to the math of the matter....if you take your stats for the past 4 months that you have been in the top 1% then on average in any given month you would have to have 640 posts, 925 bravos and 65 solutions to earn tne top 1% badge and $15 reward.

On the other end of the spectrum the following thread discussed the contributions of the top 25% and top 50% and whether they are equitable.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/Community-Rewards-Allocation/m-p/578760#M83...

@darlicious 

Huh? I don't think we're talking about the same thing.

Can you elaborate what you mean by that reply?

@HALIMACS 

Lol.... You're not even close! Since it's all about math today just do the basics your stats divided by the amount of months  you have been here and you'll get a general idea of what it takes....

@BlueB wrote:

@sa7375 wrote:

I find no reason for you not to try for the top slot. Winning such rewards is neither about $$, nor about cost-analysis: it's about passion, and the willingness to help and improve — making PM Community's forum better, even if making the difference turns out to be an iota. I view the $$ earned in the Community Forum as recognition rather than a reward, and hope to see you recognized in the TOP 1% soon.  😊

Well said, very well said!  The reason I'm not planning on gunning for the Top 1% is because of the additional time I'd need to make.  Being busy with everything else, I'm happy however things turn out.  Like you said, it's nice recognition to be able to be here and help too.  Who knows, maybe I'll inch up at some point!  Cheers!  🙂

I would suggest never to set a goal for top 1%.  Whether or not someone achieves that is has about as much to do with the activitiy of others than it does your own activity.  Also, there's no way to know how many top 1% spots Public Mobile will assign for any given month.  I believe that for most people, top 10% is a more feasible goal.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sa7375 wrote:

I find no reason for you not to try for the top slot. Winning such rewards is neither about $$, nor about cost-analysis: it's about passion, and the willingness to help and improve — making PM Community's forum better, even if making the difference turns out to be an iota. I view the $$ earned in the Community Forum as recognition rather than a reward, and hope to see you recognized in the TOP 1% soon.  😊

Well said, very well said!  The reason I'm not planning on gunning for the Top 1% is because of the additional time I'd need to make.  Being busy with everything else, I'm happy however things turn out.  Like you said, it's nice recognition to be able to be here and help too.  Who knows, maybe I'll inch up at some point!  Cheers!  🙂

prairiedogbob
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Congratulations everyone. Keep up the great work this is an awesome community!

@Meow wrote:

It will be nice to know criteria how one gets into 1%, 5%, etc.

I understand it is based on number of messages, bravos, solutions, etc. but still some kind of public leaderboard will help:

1%

aabb - 150 messages posted, 750 bravos received, 340 given, 5 solutions provided

xxyy - 130 messages posted, 400 bravos received, 150 given, 1 solution provided

etc...

same for 5%, 10, 25, 50%

otherwise it looks like awards are awarded on a whim of PM.

@Meow 

By no means am i an 'expert' in this area of mathematics.  You'd have to ask @darlicious as she's the 'math whiz' around here  (😉@darlicious ).    Mind you, she has a Univac 5000 which helps her along...  🤣🤣🤣

The top categories numbers will vary based on total overall participation for a given month.  The MORE users with metrics which are counted (i.e. solutions, bravos given/received, posts, etc), the more can potentially qualify for certain reward levels.

To get to 1%, you're likely looking at about 40'ish and up solutions in any given month, 300 bravos and up in the same period, and lord knows how many posts (maybe 300-600).

For the top 5%, likely 10-40 solutions in any given month, 100 or more bravos, and perhaps 100-300 posts.

Keep in mind, the above numbers are wild guesses only based on what I believe may be my stats for the past several months.

Essentially, put into it what you can, when you can, and reap the benefits of knowing you've tried to help others, and the rewards will hopefully come your way!!!

@Meow 

Your stats for April: 60/93/1  (posts/bravos/solutions)

Your stats at the end of April were: 79/129/1

You can hover over( on a mobile device you tap and hold) your username to see your current stats. From my best estimation you were in the top 3 of the top 25% badge level. I hope that gives you an idea of the contributions needed to make a certain badge level.

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

congrats to everyone, this community is such a great place to learn! I wish I was more active on here but my kids take up a good chunk of my time haha

@Meow  haha.. just like KFC chicken, no one really know the secret recipe here.. we just know we need to keep Helping.. and good things will come eventually  🙂

@darlicious wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@BlueB wrote:

... Any idea why the Leaderboard isn't public?  It would be much easier since we have people like yourself posting on it anyways.  It's nice to see who the leaders are...😁

I miss the Leaderboard....

@Andu_S  Bring it back?

@pm-smayer97 

Me too.....and it would make my job so much easier!  With no shout out and no bravo leaderboard there is no accountibility on pm's part in the awarding of community rewards. 

No accountability and no way for anyone to gauge if their efforts are having any effect. Though not complete, the Leaderboard was a reasonable proxy.

It will be nice to know criteria how one gets into 1%, 5%, etc.

I understand it is based on number of messages, bravos, solutions, etc. but still some kind of public leaderboard will help:

1%

aabb - 150 messages posted, 750 bravos received, 340 given, 5 solutions provided

xxyy - 130 messages posted, 400 bravos received, 150 given, 1 solution provided

etc...

same for 5%, 10, 25, 50%

otherwise it looks like awards are awarded on a whim of PM.

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@BlueB wrote:

... Any idea why the Leaderboard isn't public?  It would be much easier since we have people like yourself posting on it anyways.  It's nice to see who the leaders are...😁

I miss the Leaderboard....

@Andu_S  Bring it back?

@pm-smayer97 

Me too.....and it would make my job so much easier!  With no shout out and no bravo leaderboard there is no accountibility on pm's part in the awarding of community rewards. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

Congrats to all contributors and thank you for your hard work!

@AE_Collector  where to sign up for the 12 weeks course?  Stay Home order.. it might extended for another 12 weeks (or months.. or years..would we ever get out of Covid lockdown?) ... best to get something to do at home..  😂

@AE_Collector 

Well I do have a lot of time on my hands.....

Need Help? Let's chat.