cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: Top Contributors – April 2021

@Meow 

Your stats for April: 60/93/1  (posts/bravos/solutions)

Your stats at the end of April were: 79/129/1

You can hover over( on a mobile device you tap and hold) your username to see your current stats. From my best estimation you were in the top 3 of the top 25% badge level. I hope that gives you an idea of the contributions needed to make a certain badge level.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Meow wrote:

It will be nice to know criteria how one gets into 1%, 5%, etc.

I understand it is based on number of messages, bravos, solutions, etc. but still some kind of public leaderboard will help:

1%

aabb - 150 messages posted, 750 bravos received, 340 given, 5 solutions provided

xxyy - 130 messages posted, 400 bravos received, 150 given, 1 solution provided

etc...

same for 5%, 10, 25, 50%

otherwise it looks like awards are awarded on a whim of PM.

@Meow 

By no means am i an 'expert' in this area of mathematics.  You'd have to ask @darlicious as she's the 'math whiz' around here  (😉@darlicious ).    Mind you, she has a Univac 5000 which helps her along...  🤣🤣🤣

The top categories numbers will vary based on total overall participation for a given month.  The MORE users with metrics which are counted (i.e. solutions, bravos given/received, posts, etc), the more can potentially qualify for certain reward levels.

To get to 1%, you're likely looking at about 40'ish and up solutions in any given month, 300 bravos and up in the same period, and lord knows how many posts (maybe 300-600).

For the top 5%, likely 10-40 solutions in any given month, 100 or more bravos, and perhaps 100-300 posts.

Keep in mind, the above numbers are wild guesses only based on what I believe may be my stats for the past several months.

Essentially, put into it what you can, when you can, and reap the benefits of knowing you've tried to help others, and the rewards will hopefully come your way!!!

prairiedogbob
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Congratulations everyone. Keep up the great work this is an awesome community!

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sa7375 wrote:

I find no reason for you not to try for the top slot. Winning such rewards is neither about $$, nor about cost-analysis: it's about passion, and the willingness to help and improve — making PM Community's forum better, even if making the difference turns out to be an iota. I view the $$ earned in the Community Forum as recognition rather than a reward, and hope to see you recognized in the TOP 1% soon.  😊

Well said, very well said!  The reason I'm not planning on gunning for the Top 1% is because of the additional time I'd need to make.  Being busy with everything else, I'm happy however things turn out.  Like you said, it's nice recognition to be able to be here and help too.  Who knows, maybe I'll inch up at some point!  Cheers!  🙂

@BlueB wrote:

@sa7375 wrote:

I find no reason for you not to try for the top slot. Winning such rewards is neither about $$, nor about cost-analysis: it's about passion, and the willingness to help and improve — making PM Community's forum better, even if making the difference turns out to be an iota. I view the $$ earned in the Community Forum as recognition rather than a reward, and hope to see you recognized in the TOP 1% soon.  😊

Well said, very well said!  The reason I'm not planning on gunning for the Top 1% is because of the additional time I'd need to make.  Being busy with everything else, I'm happy however things turn out.  Like you said, it's nice recognition to be able to be here and help too.  Who knows, maybe I'll inch up at some point!  Cheers!  🙂

I would suggest never to set a goal for top 1%.  Whether or not someone achieves that is has about as much to do with the activitiy of others than it does your own activity.  Also, there's no way to know how many top 1% spots Public Mobile will assign for any given month.  I believe that for most people, top 10% is a more feasible goal.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

Lol.... You're not even close! Since it's all about math today just do the basics your stats divided by the amount of months  you have been here and you'll get a general idea of what it takes....

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious 

Huh? I don't think we're talking about the same thing.

Can you elaborate what you mean by that reply?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

Ok....now that I have reread your post your "wild guess" at the numbers needed for the higher reward amounts are still very low but could be the stats of lowest member in each badge level in maybe the slowest months (summer)of the year.

In reference to the math of the matter....if you take your stats for the past 4 months that you have been in the top 1% then on average in any given month you would have to have 640 posts, 925 bravos and 65 solutions to earn tne top 1% badge and $15 reward.

On the other end of the spectrum the following thread discussed the contributions of the top 25% and top 50% and whether they are equitable.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/Community-Rewards-Allocation/m-p/578760#M83...

Meow
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@HALIMACS wrote

Essentially, put into it what you can, when you can, and reap the benefits of knowing you've tried to help others, and the rewards will hopefully come your way!!!

Absolutely!!!

I am not aiming for 1 nor 5 nor any other percentage.

If I can clarify something to somebody, help them to stop panic if something does not work as expected or just to encourage them, I will be more than happy. If I get a buck or two in a process that is just 'attaboy' acknowledgement.

pkara01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

congrats to all winners

Tags (1)
Need Help? Let's chat.