cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing some love to our customers with 1 GB of data, on us!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

What a hectic week full of exciting updates and improvements! We know there’s been a ton of change this past week, and we want to make sure that our longer tenured customers don’t feel left out! 

Even though our look and feel has changed, we’re continuing to focus on being customer-first. Thanks for hanging in there with us, and we hope you’re ready to grow together with us because we love having you here! 🙂 Whether you’re a long-time Community guru, or someone who just joined a month ago, we’re for you.

That’s why we’re excited to share a public display of affection with customers who were with Public Mobile since before our big brand refresh (more eligibility details below), as a token of our appreciation.

What’s up for grabs:

• $0 1 GB bonus data Add-On
  • Does not expire until fully consumed
  • The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 4G LTE Speed. 

Eligibility criteria:

• Bonus Data Add-On will be automatically applied to customer accounts that were activated as of August 19, 11:59 PM ET or before
  • Account must be active at the time of August 19, 11:59 PM ET and continue to remain active until at least September 4, 2019.
  • If your account falls into suspend before September 4, you will become ineligible for the bonus Data Add-On.

How to claim your data:

• No action required- on August 23rd, eligible customers will receive an SMS from Public Mobile confirming you’re on the list!
  • Bonus Data Add-Ons will be applied within 2 weeks of receiving the confirmation SMS. Note: Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.
  • Once it’s been applied to your account, you will receive a confirmation SMS. 

Happy net surfing!

-Public Mobile Community Team

632 REPLIES 632

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gchancga wrote:

If you already have some add on balance, it will use up that first?

I noticed that data pulled from this new add-on with an existing non-plan add-on present.

LesMis24601
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Jb456 

THANK YOU!!!

you got it! 

Thank you for reading the text thoroughly!

😃👍🏻

LesMis24601

EVERYONE - please kindly read and see what my actual question is before replying. 

Please please understand that I am not talking about the fact I have not received any 1 GB bonus.

For the record , I know it will take time to get the BONUS. I appreciate that. 

HOWEVER...

If the Sim is eligible, according to public mobile, they would have received a message confirming that there will be a bonus on the way. TOTALLY get it!

Here’s the question please: ⬇️⬇️⬇️

But we did NOT receive a text message saying that one of our Sims is eligible.  Therefore, I am not debating that the bonus will be available to all public mobile customers! I am saying why did we not get a confirming bonus text message on August 23. ? 

I think what @LesMis24601 is trying to say is that one of his children did not receive the original text from PM on August 23rd confirming they were eligible

@gchancgaIt usuallly goes Plan first then oldest add ons to newest.

gchancga
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you already have some add on balance, it will use up that first?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LesMis24601 wrote:

I understand the terms of this offer. Thank you for posting it again for me but that is not my question. My question is that my kids are ALL on Public Mobile but one of them didn’t get the text offer for the 1GB bonus. The kids are all on the SAME plan but the one that didn’t receive the bonus 1 GB text from Public Mobile is the one that has been with PM the longest. 

That doesnt make any sense 

If you understand the terms then you'd know that they have a window of up to Sep 4 to put it on accounts. Just wait it out and then ask nicely after that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Junkie1357 wrote:

How long will this 1GB promo be around? I have it now and I'm wondering how long it'll stay in my account 

It's not really a promo. It's a gift for existing customers.

It's an add-on which means it will be on your account until you consume it.

LesMis24601

I understand the terms of this offer. Thank you for posting it again for me but that is not my question. My question is that my kids are ALL on Public Mobile but one of them didn’t get the text offer for the 1GB bonus. The kids are all on the SAME plan but the one that didn’t receive the bonus 1 GB text from Public Mobile is the one that has been with PM the longest. 

That doesnt make any sense 

It will remain in your account until you use up the 1 GB allotment.

@Junkie1357

It stays as long as you don't use it up.

Junkie1357

How long will this 1GB promo be around? I have it now and I'm wondering how long it'll stay in my account 

You will get a text message and then receive the bonus in your account.

• No action required- on August 23rd, eligible customers will receive an SMS from Public Mobile confirming you’re on the list!
  • Bonus Data Add-Ons will be applied within 2 weeks of receiving the confirmation SMS. Note: Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.
  • Once it’s been applied to your account, you will receive a confirmation SMS.

@LesMis24601 wrote:

I sure hope so. I’m not sure he’s on the list because he didn’t get the text announcement and he’s the “oldest” PM sim owner in the group. He activated it in the beginning of Spring so if they are doing the list I thought it would be by date activated first. My youngest got the bonus first and they activated last ? 🤔

@LesMis24601   I understand your concern, but I'm sure everything will be fine.  We have three accounts with PM and non of them have it yet.  Even if there is an error and it doesn't get added by end of next week a message to moderators will get it fixed.

LesMis24601

I sure hope so. I’m not sure he’s on the list because he didn’t get the text announcement and he’s the “oldest” PM sim owner in the group. He activated it in the beginning of Spring so if they are doing the list I thought it would be by date activated first. My youngest got the bonus first and they activated last ? 🤔

@LesMis24601 wrote:

Can someone from Public Mobile contact me? My kids are all on Public and all were activated before August 19th but only one of them didn’t get the 1GB bonus. Please advise. Thx 

@LesMis24601  It can take up to two weeks after receiving the original text so be patient. If it doesn't appear after two the contact the moderator.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@LesMis24601 wrote:

Can someone from Public Mobile contact me? My kids are all on Public and all were activated before August 19th but only one of them didn’t get the 1GB bonus. Please advise. Thx 

Not everyone is getting the free data add-on at the same time.  Just be patient a bit more and all eligible accounts will get it maybe by the end of this week or next.  At the end of next week if you still don't see it then a message to Moderator_Team will be necessary.

LesMis24601

michelle1986

I checked. Thus far still nothing. I don't mind waiting of course lol just would of been nice since my other phone got it already and this ones data is almost maxed haha

lingzhang

thank you.
Unexpected good news

ischmo

Thanks again! Just got mine today! Smiley Very Happy

Cate

I have the same plan and just got it now!  It might take a while for them to get to everyone? 

geminihc

how come i never got the SMS and bonus..? I was a PM user for almost a year now (still am), on the $25 - 1gb plan. am i ineligible?

Maple98
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Swqeng wrote:

Hi, I have not received my free 1 gb of date added to my plan as yet.

@Swqeng  The Bonus 1gb Data Add-On is being applied to eligible accounts between now & Sept 6th, so if your account is eligible, you should receive it over the next week or so.

Swqeng

Hi, I have not received my free 1 gb of date added to my plan as yet.

kevin9054

@wchu wrote:

Is the 1gb promo gone after its used up? Or is it recurring every month? 

It's a one time promo, not recurring every month

stephlav1550

I believe it's gone after its used up. But if you don't use it all this month it'll roll over into next month until youve used it. 

wchu

Is the 1gb promo gone after its used up? Or is it recurring every month? 

kevin9054

I check my wife account this morning, she still haven't receive 1G promo.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Alan_K checked My Account this morning and saw the 1GB data promo already on the account.  That's amazingly fast, didn't expect to see anything for like another week.  Awesome job PM, hope to see more amazing "appreciation gifts" like this in the near future Smiley LOL

Need Help? Let's chat.