cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Showing some love to our customers with 1 GB of data, on us!

Many thanks!

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't believe they mean 1gb per month.

This is 1gb ONE-TIME, correct?

GR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@emmaty yes a 1 time data add on that will roll over until all consumed!   

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@emmaty wrote:

I don't believe they mean 1gb per month.

This is 1gb ONE-TIME, correct?

It means that you get 1GB to use as long as you want. If you don't use it all in one month it stays in account till it's all used up

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is awesome! Thank you so much.  It's the right time since I accidentally used up my 1GB add-on when my phone's wifi was off Smiley Embarassed

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wow ! That's a great news. I actually pay for my mother mobile phone on the 10$ plan and had to add a 1GB data addon.

Now she will have 2GB to use and since she's not consuming lots of data, it might last for a long long time !

Thanks Public Mobile !

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is awesomeeeee! Smiley Wink

Mayor / Maire

While this is very generous of Public Mobile and a nice unexpected treat, you guys do know that giving out free samples generally increases sales, right?  Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Oracle

@Alan_K wrote: 

What’s up for grabs:

• $0 1 GB bonus data Add-On
  • Does not expire until fully consumed
  • The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 3G Speed

-Public Mobile Community Team

@Alan_K 

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but there's something that needs clarification here.
According to the fine print under Terms and Conditions near the bottom of the Plans page, it says:

PMPlansAddOnDefaultDataSpeedFinePrint#7_20Aug2019.jpg

This seems at odds with your note in the announcement here which says "If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 3G Speed."

Because of the T&C fine print point #7 which has existed in the Plans page ever since 3G plans were introduced in July 2017 and subsequently confirmed by former PM Community Manager Jeremy M., I had always understood that data add-ons for dataless plans would default to full LTE speed.

Therefore, please clarify:
1. Is this 1GB add-on gift actually set at 3G speed or full LTE speed for those whose plans don't include data?
2. For data add-ons purchased normally through self-serve for a dataless plan, are they still defaulted to full LTE speed?
3. If the answer to #2 is no, when did this change and how does it affect customers with a dataless plan who bought an add-on before the change?

I'm not sure how easy it is for PM to arbitrarily set one batch of data add-ons to one speed and another batch to a different speed when the regular plan otherwise has no indicator, so  I think this is important to clarify not just for this one-time gift, but also for anyone who bought data previously or will buy a data add-on for a dataless plan.  If either this announcement or the Terms & Conditions Pt #7 is inaccurate, please make the appropriate correction.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Related image

Many thanks

The gesture alone is worth tons of appreciation and qualifying for it is not quite relevant.