cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing some love to our customers with 1 GB of data, on us!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

What a hectic week full of exciting updates and improvements! We know there’s been a ton of change this past week, and we want to make sure that our longer tenured customers don’t feel left out! 

Even though our look and feel has changed, we’re continuing to focus on being customer-first. Thanks for hanging in there with us, and we hope you’re ready to grow together with us because we love having you here! 🙂 Whether you’re a long-time Community guru, or someone who just joined a month ago, we’re for you.

That’s why we’re excited to share a public display of affection with customers who were with Public Mobile since before our big brand refresh (more eligibility details below), as a token of our appreciation.

What’s up for grabs:

• $0 1 GB bonus data Add-On
  • Does not expire until fully consumed
  • The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 4G LTE Speed. 

Eligibility criteria:

• Bonus Data Add-On will be automatically applied to customer accounts that were activated as of August 19, 11:59 PM ET or before
  • Account must be active at the time of August 19, 11:59 PM ET and continue to remain active until at least September 4, 2019.
  • If your account falls into suspend before September 4, you will become ineligible for the bonus Data Add-On.

How to claim your data:

• No action required- on August 23rd, eligible customers will receive an SMS from Public Mobile confirming you’re on the list!
  • Bonus Data Add-Ons will be applied within 2 weeks of receiving the confirmation SMS. Note: Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.
  • Once it’s been applied to your account, you will receive a confirmation SMS. 

Happy net surfing!

-Public Mobile Community Team

632 REPLIES 632

sampson189
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks!  Public Mobile is the Best.  I always recommand this carrier to my friend and family.

@eloisepranger3 wrote:

How do I keep track of how much of the free 1 gig I received?  On my accountbunder plan and usage it doesn’t show.   I did get confirmation text saying the extra gig arrived 

@eloisepranger3 

It should show up in your overview page in your add on section.  See my account screenshot below.  

Pasted Graphic 11.png

eloisepranger3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I keep track of how much of the free 1 gig I received?  On my accountbunder plan and usage it doesn’t show.   I did get confirmation text saying the extra gig arrived 

You definitely should be able to @ladybearbc 

What happens when you try to log in?

ladybearbc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you!

Just wish I could log on to my account to see it  🙂

skrdan

@SD08 wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

@RODNEY2008 wrote:

does the system give me a warning I am reaching the limit thanks I cant seam to set the phone to a reasonable notice to shut off when close to the 1 gig 

@RODNEY2008 

I believe you would get text warnings at 75% and 95% usage.

In case you're worried about being charged for overages, that's not possible here. PM is an entirely prepaid service, so it's not possible to use any part of its service without having paid for it first. The data would simply cut off when you have used it up.

@RODNEY2008 

Actually, I just found this post about data add-ons possibly making the 75% and 95% warnings inaccurate:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/data-usage-warnings/m-p/360178/highlight/...

I haven't experienced this yet, so I can't say for sure. In light of this, I'd say it's best to rely on the usage meter in your PM self-serve account to be sure of how much you have left. If the meter for the add-on disappears from the Overview page, that would mean it's consumed.

@SD08

3G Watchdog consumes little bandwidth and is quite accurate. 

Without having to get on-line to check and see how much data you have left on your phone by going onto PM site,this app can be downloaded to your cell/tablet/pc whereby you just open it and it will give you the results your looking for. I.E.:

Screenshot_2019-08-21-13-03-08.png

Korth
Mayor / Maire

The usage reported in Self-Serve is the only metric which matters.

The phone OS and apps might report slightly different numbers. The numbers in your billing are the allocation you've paid for.

You get "Public Mobile here..." notifications when you reach (about ) 75% and (about) 95% thresholds.  Your Data is cut off at 100% usage (as measured by Telus hardware). You cannot go overcapacity or get overcharged, you simply get no more Data until you prepay more Data. 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SD08 wrote:

@RODNEY2008 wrote:

does the system give me a warning I am reaching the limit thanks I cant seam to set the phone to a reasonable notice to shut off when close to the 1 gig 

@RODNEY2008 

In case you're worried about being charged for overages, that's not possible here. PM is an entirely prepaid service, so it's not possible to use any part of its service without having paid for it first. The data would simply cut off when you have used it up.

@RODNEY2008 

Actually, I just found this post about data add-ons possibly making the 75% and 95% warnings inaccurate:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/data-usage-warnings/m-p/360178/highlight/...

I haven't experienced this yet, so I can't say for sure. In light of this, I'd say it's best to rely on the usage meter in your PM self-serve account to be sure of how much you have left. If the meter for the add-on disappears from the Overview page, that would mean it's consumed.

skrdan

@RODNEY2008 wrote:

Great thanks I use wifi also only whn available: 

I have been using this for an extremely long time. It hasn't ever failed me. It shows you data management on Data only and WI-FI.   You set your boundaries in the application and it will warn you as you approach it.  All Free

RODNEY2008

Great thanks I use wifi also only whn available: 

skrdan

@RODNEY2008 wrote:

Use a free Utility for your data management called: 3G Watchdog - data management Youtility tool.  Get it from Google Play

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RODNEY2008 wrote:

@RODNEY2008 

RODNEY2008

skrdan

"Does not expire until fully consumed"

that's so awesome!

Can't thank PM enough!

(*bows respectfully)

coonesly

Thank you! This is great! 

Scoman20

Fab!

nahsha

It would have been nice if the 1gb add-on would also work in the US. 🙂

zongjoshua

Thanks

@GR wrote:

@kas   well you should get it then.  I have a few phones that didn't get the text but got the bonus.  Just wait till Friday or Saturday to be sure 

People are still getting it. They aren't done yet and I got mine today.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@kas   well you should get it then.  I have a few phones that didn't get the text but got the bonus.  Just wait till Friday or Saturday to be sure 

@kas wrote:

Hi, I forgot to clarify, I didn't get the text either. 

I would wait until September 4 and if you don't get it, ask Moderator_Team to add it to your account. The lack of text could have been a seperate texting issue.

kas

Yes. 

@BLD wrote:

But I already got the message that it has been added. Doesn't that mean that it is already on my phone and ready to use? I checked all settings and there's nothing blocking it from being available.

Yes you can use it then.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@kas Screenshot_20190831-195619_Samsung Internet.jpg

Did you have an active account on August 19?

kas

Hi, I forgot to clarify, I didn't get the text either. 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@kas  it says on the announcement they'll be given out by Friday so you still have 6 days before you can contact a moderator assuming you got the text that you were gonna get the bonus

kas

Hi @Alan_K @CS_Agent I haven't received it.  Please advise

@rocky wrote:

What did you do to my phone I can't make calls when I try it says talk is not in my plan Fix it A.S.P If it's not fixed soon I'II be cancelling  my service today enough with you company

Thanks @rocky  

You do know that you are chewing out a bunch of PM customers who volunteer to help out here as opposed to PM employees?

Terry

HoopyDoop

Just checked and it’s there.

Thanks, PM! I already enjoy the service a lot so this is some extra awesome.

Mustangman1

Re: Free 1GB added on ....

Thanks for looking out for us little ppl..

Way to go Public Mobile......

Need Help? Let's chat.