cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing some love to our customers with 1 GB of data, on us!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

What a hectic week full of exciting updates and improvements! We know there’s been a ton of change this past week, and we want to make sure that our longer tenured customers don’t feel left out! 

Even though our look and feel has changed, we’re continuing to focus on being customer-first. Thanks for hanging in there with us, and we hope you’re ready to grow together with us because we love having you here! 🙂 Whether you’re a long-time Community guru, or someone who just joined a month ago, we’re for you.

That’s why we’re excited to share a public display of affection with customers who were with Public Mobile since before our big brand refresh (more eligibility details below), as a token of our appreciation.

What’s up for grabs:

• $0 1 GB bonus data Add-On
  • Does not expire until fully consumed
  • The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 4G LTE Speed. 

Eligibility criteria:

• Bonus Data Add-On will be automatically applied to customer accounts that were activated as of August 19, 11:59 PM ET or before
  • Account must be active at the time of August 19, 11:59 PM ET and continue to remain active until at least September 4, 2019.
  • If your account falls into suspend before September 4, you will become ineligible for the bonus Data Add-On.

How to claim your data:

• No action required- on August 23rd, eligible customers will receive an SMS from Public Mobile confirming you’re on the list!
  • Bonus Data Add-Ons will be applied within 2 weeks of receiving the confirmation SMS. Note: Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.
  • Once it’s been applied to your account, you will receive a confirmation SMS. 

Happy net surfing!

-Public Mobile Community Team

632 REPLIES 632

Nicko343
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Please log into your account and check data and add on it should be there separate along with your existing data information.

Nicko343
  1. You have made a very wise choice to switch over here.

raimonikumar41
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Nicko343

Public Mobile has stepped up their game well 

Nicko343

Thanks for sharing some love to us your valued customers, well done Public Mobile🙏🙏

Topnitro

It may take some time to show up. I got mine today and some may have to wait until September or next week. If you were a customer before August 19th you should get it.

@alberniwife60 wrote:

Hi There, I didn't receive any msg for the 1GB of data.  We are automatic pay customers. 

Wait until the end of next week to see if the free data gets added to your account and you were a registered customer by August 19th, 11.59 pm EST. 

If you don't receive it by then you will need to contact Moderator_Team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

alberniwife60

Hi There, I didn't receive any msg for the 1GB of data.  We are automatic pay customers. 

premlooned

A BIG Thanks.

Good you cared about customers who are not on data plan, but now can take benefit of data occasionally.

The best is its not going to expire till used fully.

THANKS !!!!

Smiley Very Happy

@terrybev  It's a one time non expiring add-on only. 

terrybev

@Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

What a hectic week full of exciting updates and improvements! We know there’s been a ton of change this past week, and we want to make sure that our longer tenured customers don’t feel left out! 

Even though our look and feel has changed, we’re continuing to focus on being customer-first. Thanks for hanging in there with us, and we hope you’re ready to grow together with us because we love having you here! 🙂 Whether you’re a long-time Community guru, or someone who just joined a month ago, we’re for you.

That’s why we’re excited to share a public display of affection with customers who were with Public Mobile since before our big brand refresh (more eligibility details below), as a token of our appreciation.

What’s up for grabs:

• $0 1 GB bonus data Add-On
  • Does not expire until fully consumed
  • The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 4G LTE Speed. 

Eligibility criteria:

• Bonus Data Add-On will be automatically applied to customer accounts that were activated as of August 19, 11:59 PM ET or before
  • Account must be active at the time of August 19, 11:59 PM ET and continue to remain active until at least September 4, 2019.
  • If your account falls into suspend before September 4, you will become ineligible for the bonus Data Add-On.

How to claim your data:

• No action required- on August 23rd, eligible customers will receive an SMS from Public Mobile confirming you’re on the list!
  • Bonus Data Add-Ons will be applied within 2 weeks of receiving the confirmation SMS. Note: Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.
  • Once it’s been applied to your account, you will receive a confirmation SMS. 

Happy net surfing!

-Public Mobile Community Team

Just wondering? Is this a one time offer? Or do we get 1 extra GB each month

cory_c

What a GREAT birthday gift. Thank you.

VDavid

Thank you, Public Mobile, I love you! I'm gonna burn through that 1 GB and it's going to feel so good! Heart

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Veramay wrote:

Message not received re 1 GB data free for my account. I've been PM active since way before Aug 19.

Phone # xxxxxxxx

Wait 'til after Sep 4.

Veramay

Message not received re 1 GB data free for my account. I've been PM active since way before Aug 19.

Phone # 

Edited by computergeek541: personal information removed

nikesox

Folks, I just received sms confirmation of the added 1gb add-on to my account. Went into my self serve account and saw it appear on my plan. Hope everyone else got it too! Go PM!!

dna2016

@kevin9054 as per the announcement it can take up to 2 weeks to show on accounts, some may show up sooner than others.  But technically it can take up until September 4 for some users to see the additional data on their account.  I guess just be patient until then.

dna2016

@wchu the 1GB promo will remain on your account until it's used up.  It's not going to re-set each month, it's only a one time feature, and once you used it up it'll be gone.  Example, let's say you only use 200MB this month, so then next month you'll have 800MB remaining, etc..

mixdali
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you! Any idea how to do that?

mixdali

Really?

ApatheticFloW

@Knelles 

I got it yesterday, and I read it could take up to 2 weeks so anyday now I would assume.

Knelles

I received the sms confirming the free 1 GB data to my account but I don’t se it reflected there.

Stews

yes i receive sms messages from pm, i'v never blocked any of them

@Stews wrote:

We've been with PM for about 10 months now but weren't offered the 1 gb of love?  Others told us about it so checking out now.  How can i claim or ask for the 1 gb?  thx

Should be automatic.  Wait until disbursement complete and contact Moderator_Team if you don't get it. They can see when you activated.

cvuong324

thanks so much, public mobile is the greatest!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stews wrote:

ok thanks, we didn't receive the sms msg about it either.  Others in the community told us about it? 

I know. Several people are saying they didn't receive the announcement text. I should think it simply goes to everybody that was active before 11:59pm ET Aug 19. I can't possibly imagine they'd pick and choose who will and who won't.

Do you recall whether you get any and all texts from here? Like 100, 611, 5131, 5129, 5132, 7626, 5130. Or do you not like getting reminders and announcements and such and so perhaps block them or unsubscribe from them?

Stews

ok thanks, we didn't receive the sms msg about it either.  Others in the community told us about it? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stews wrote:

We've been with PM for about 10 months now but weren't offered the 1 gb of love?  Others told us about it so checking out now.  How can i claim or ask for the 1 gb?  thx

Wait until after Sep 4 as stated in the announcement at the top of page one of this thread.

Stews

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Think wrote:

will this be for life time?

No. Until used.

Yes if never used and you stay with Public Mobile for that life time.

Need Help? Let's chat.