cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Share the love: get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Best move I've made....with $25.00 referal for both parties and $10.00 a month for 6 months back to me and any new signups that is unheard of all on the Telus service....plus $2.00 a month off if you do auto pay each month....that's a perfect cell plan in my books

Mayor / Maire

Re: Share the love: get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

@boopvanner wrote:

Best move I've made....with $25.00 referal for both parties and $10.00 a month for 6 months back to me and any new signups that is unheard of all on the Telus service....plus $2.00 a month off if you do auto pay each month....that's a perfect cell plan in my books

Welcome to Public Mobile.  Enjoy your saving.

Mayor / Maire

@boopvanner wrote:

@boopvanner

Nice. Just a FYI- Unfortunately, sometimes auto pay fails. Think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward. I highly recommend everyone to top off in advance as this process can prevent the somewhat common occurrence of autopay failure which causes a HUGE pain in the butt account suspension and loss of service.

Mayor / Maire

@Lag333 wrote:

I'm not sure if this has been spoken about, but I have an extra sim card laying around. I jumped too early on a promo with the free sim and 1 month credit. Didn't know they'd have all these promos following that. I should of waited till now to get it because I'd have 10 dollars off for the next 6 months and a 25 referral reward, with 25 going towards my folks PM account. If this was a regular company, I'd just call in but obviously this is a low cost carrier so no complaining allowed haha.

Anyways, any idea what I can do with my extra SIM card? I'm thinking I should open a new account and do a self referral. Problem is, I'll have 25 dollars sitting in a new account I don't need with no way to transfer that money out right? Is there anyway of keeping this account alive with just a US 1Gb add on? When I go to the US, I can just use it there? Or do I need some sort of base plan to keep the account active?\

Thanks

When are you going to US?

If you self-refer yourself to a $10 plan and enable autopay, you will get $27 credit in your account.  If your US trip is next two months, after your first renewal date, you still have $19 in your account to get the US roaming add-on.

This promo expires on March 18.  You can activate your new plan on the last date.

Please note that US roaming add-on is for 10 days.  Your $10 plan should be active during that 10 days.

@Lag333 wrote:

Anyways, any idea what I can do with my extra SIM card? I'm thinking I should open a new account and do a self referral. Problem is, I'll have 25 dollars sitting in a new account I don't need with no way to transfer that money out right? Is there anyway of keeping this account alive with just a US 1Gb add on? When I go to the US, I can just use it there? Or do I need some sort of base plan to keep the account active?\

Thanks

An account can't be kept alive with an add-on.  The main plan must be kept active, or at least not allowed to go 90 days of being suspended.

Since you've asked, there is no official way to transfer balances.  Moderators might do this as a goodwill gesture.  However, I wouldn't count on them transfering a balnce that you never paid for in the first place.

@abTest wrote:

@nat1989, the $10 & $25 referral credits are NOT stackable.  It is mentioned in the origanal post for this topic (in the spoiler section),

Ok, so now I’m confused...

I agree with @abTest that the original post here (spoiler section) does state “not stackable”. But then there is the post from @Alan_K over here 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/25-referral-credit-Feb-14-Mar-18/m-p/326385/h...

that states “Yes, it’s stackable”.

It would make sense for it to be stackable, because we have no way to choose which promo we would like to use and they are of different values. 

Is there anyway for the original post here that announced this deal to be corrected to show “yes, it’s stackable”?

Mayor / Maire

@Onyxj wrote:

@abTest wrote:

@nat1989, the $10 & $25 referral credits are NOT stackable.  It is mentioned in the origanal post for this topic (in the spoiler section),

I agree with @abTest that the original post here (spoiler section) does state “not stackable”. But then there is the post from @Alan_K over here 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/25-referral-credit-Feb-14-Mar-18/m-p/326385/h...

It would make sense for it to be stackable, because we have no way to choose which promo we would like to use and they are of different values. 

Is there anyway for the original post here that announced this deal to be corrected to show “yes, it’s stackable”?

Yes you are confused Smiley Happy

Your link goes to a post that is saying that the $10 per month promo is stackable with this promo. Where you might be getting confused is this $25 promo is not stackable with the standard $10 refer-a-friend reward.

At least that's what I figure Smiley Happy

Yes it is stackable....you got the 10 for 6 months for being a new subcriber and 25.00 for refering a new customer....

@z10user4 wrote:

@Onyxj wrote:

@abTest wrote:

Yes you are confused Smiley Happy

Your link goes to a post that is saying that the $10 per month promo is stackable with this promo. Where you might be getting confused is this $25 promo is not stackable with the standard $10 refer-a-friend reward.

At least that's what I figure Smiley Happy

Ahhhh! 💡💡💡!

I get it now! 

So currently activating a new account online will enable the Activator to get a $10/m credit for 6 months (if activating a $30/m plan) and if the Activator is referred by someone, they both will get a one time credit of $25 (in place of the Activator getting a one time credit of $10).

Did I get it right? 🤔

@Onyxj wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@Onyxj wrote:

@abTest wrote:

So currently activating a new account online will enable the Activator to get a $10/m credit for 6 months (if activating a $30/m plan) and if the Activator is referred by someone, they both will get a one time credit of $25 (in place of the Activator getting a one time credit of $10).

Did I get it right? 🤔

Yes, you got it right.  There is no need to choose which promotion you want.  Customers automatically get the best promotion possible that they are eligigble for.  The references about not being able to stack promotions is just there so that people don't think that you can get a $25 credit for being referred as well as a $10 credit for being referred on that same new activation.  The $25 credit replaces that regular $10 one-time credit.