cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share the love: get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*This offer has been extended to March 31, 2019.

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From February 14th until March 31st, 2019, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

FAQs

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

1. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?

Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $25 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $25 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here.

2.I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?

Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.

To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.

3. As the referral receiver, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit, as well as this $25 Refer a Friend credit?

No, these credits are not stackable. Instead, you will receive a total of $25 via an account credit, rather than the ongoing $10 Refer-a-Friend Reward credit.

4. When does this promotion end?

This promotion will end March 31, 2019 11:59PM ET.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
  • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
  • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
  • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
  • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
  • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
  • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

460 REPLIES 460

@haseebtehsin wrote:

Is this offer still available?

No...Smiley Sad keep an eye on the first page IN ANNOUNCEMENTS...perhaps a new promotion will be posted soon....

haseebtehsin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is this offer still available?

bill_103
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Edited by computergeek541 to remove personal information

Pandher84

Yes it’s a horrible experience indeed. Faced it two weeks back myself. 

@Brooke_C@Alan_K, can we please drop WalMart as an approved seller of PM Sims?

They continue to allow the OSL reps to force in-store activations.  Let's boot them out!

If I were a new subscriber, I'd be quite dissatisfied.

Pandher84

You had to be careful with Walmart. They are notorious 

@rlu  You will get the usual (off-promotion) $10 referral credit. And the Walmart wireless person will get their usual PM sales commission.

Metal1967

@rlu wrote:

The guy in Walmart told me that I still can get referal credit if they activate for me in the store. So I let them did it there, any chance I get the referal credit? What I need to do? Thanks

@rlu 

Unfortunately...you are out of luck....same scenario happens often with walmart and promos...

rlu

The guy in Walmart told me that I still can get referal credit if they activate for me in the store. So I let them did it there, any chance I get the referal credit? What I need to do? Thanks

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just wanted to share my experience for this deal.  I activated a sim card at home around 2 pm.  The referral number received a text message right away for the referral.

The $25 credit showed up the next day at 12 noon on both phones (referrer and referree).

Hope this helps anyone out there.

Pandher84

April fools 

Speedypear

You had me fooled, dacdoter! I felt a flutter of hope when I read of the "24 hour extension" in your message when it landed in my email inbox. I'll try not to be as gullible in the future. Happy April Fool's Day!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dacdoter very nice, Lots of effort and great imagination to get the reply to flow:) 

@dacdoter wrote:

@Speedypear wrote:

I missed the $25 referrral because I forgot it expired 12 am EST. I'm hoping it comes again very soon...

Actually, they just announced a 24-hour extension!

Please make sure to hit this deadline.

Really nice of them.

I can't wait to get more credit.

Last month I got $25.

For sure, I can get more today.

Or even more, if they extend it again.

Oh, wouldn't that be great!

Lastly, one more thing:

Surely don't be mad at me for this trick, when you read down the left hand side of my words above (or just the capital letters)  🙂

Okkkkkkkkk. I get it now!!!! Thanks @SD08 to be nice and patient with me! I didn't catch it at all!!

@Lieux wrote:

That's why I asked the question!!Smiley Wink

It was an April Fool's joke, but based on the lack of responses, I don't think many people beleived the extension statement.  LOL

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lieux wrote:

@dacdoter wrote:

@Speedypear wrote:

I missed the $25 referrral because I forgot it expired 12 am EST. I'm hoping it comes again very soon...

Really nice of them.

Last month I got $25.

Lastly, one more thing:

Surely don't be mad at me for this trick, when you read down the left hand side of my words above (or just the capital letters)  🙂

Actually, they just announced a 24-hour extension! Where can you see that???

@Lieux 

Read dacdoter's last line and apply.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

@dacdoter wrote:

Really nice of them.

Last month I got $25.

Lastly, one more thing:

@Lieux 

Look at the calendar and you will have your answer.  There is no extension.

That's why I asked the question!!Smiley Wink

@Lieux wrote:

@dacdoter wrote:

Really nice of them.

Last month I got $25.

Lastly, one more thing:

@Lieux 

Look at the calendar and you will have your answer.  There is no extension.

@dacdoter wrote:

@Speedypear wrote:

Really nice of them.

Last month I got $25.

Lastly, one more thing:

dacdoter

@Speedypear wrote:

Really nice of them.

Last month I got $25.

Lastly, one more thing:

Patrick_R
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Im sure it will be brought out again at one point

Speedypear

@Patrick_R wrote:

Have you heard anything about a extension to April?

@Patrick_RIt's been removed from self serve.

It's back to the $10.

"Refer a friend and they’ll receive a one-time $10 credit. Plus we’ll take $1 off your payment every month for as long as they stay with us!"

Patrick_R
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Have you heard anything about a extension to April?

Asima

Wishing for an extension till end of April. 

Pizzaeh

@MitchRuns wrote:

I managed to convince my family to switch with 10 minutes remining until the kiosk with SIM cards near me closed. Got the SIM cards with minutes to spare and now they're all set up and working! I love this promo

Awesome, Mitch ran and won!

MitchRuns

I managed to convince my family to switch with 10 minutes remining until the kiosk with SIM cards near me closed. Got the SIM cards with minutes to spare and now they're all set up and working! I love this promo

@ruif71 wrote:

I hope it extends into April.  Moved a few people over to PM because of the Promo.

We can only hope

ruif71

I hope it extends into April.  Moved a few people over to PM because of the Promo.

@homer wrote:

yay offer extended 

The offered was extended to March 31 nearly 2 weeks ago.

Need Help? Let's chat.