cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share the love: get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*This offer has been extended to March 31, 2019.

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From February 14th until March 31st, 2019, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

FAQs

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

1. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?

Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $25 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $25 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here.

2.I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?

Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.

To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.

3. As the referral receiver, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit, as well as this $25 Refer a Friend credit?

No, these credits are not stackable. Instead, you will receive a total of $25 via an account credit, rather than the ongoing $10 Refer-a-Friend Reward credit.

4. When does this promotion end?

This promotion will end March 31, 2019 11:59PM ET.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
  • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
  • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
  • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
  • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
  • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
  • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

460 REPLIES 460

bh90210
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

PM should really have a chat with walmart - their stores refuse to sell sim cards only without activation. This must be against PM policy.

Never had problem getting sim card only at london drugs

navcoke

You will receive a notification as soon as they process. You friend  has to enter your public mobile number as referral while signing up. This promo has a last date be sure you friend has done the referral. In my case it showed up after a few days when I signed up.

@hml1976grammy  a écrit :

I did this and it did not port or add to my friends account please help

Did you activate online? If yes you need to wait till 72 hours to see it in your available funds...Smiley Happy If no you will see a 10$ instead.

If you activated online and nothing appears in your account or in his account AFTER 72 hours you can write a message to the moderator here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain what happened. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days..

Saekimori
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, got one

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @hml1976grammy  - Could you provide some more explanation of exactly what you did, when, and where.  That way you can get an explanation/help that is specific to your situation.

hml1976grammy

I did this and it did not port or add to my friends account please help

@wchu wrote:

Hi

I just signed up as a new member with online activation. I plugged my friend's number in at the referral section.

When will my friend and I receive the $25 referral bonus? Thanks!

I believe it will be there in the morning, but give it 72 hours just in case.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wchu - You should both see the $25 within 72 hours.  Your friend will probably see your referral in their online portal within a few hours.  Plus, they should get a text message notifying them that you used them as a referral.

wchu

Hi

I just signed up as a new member with online activation. I plugged my friend's number in at the referral section.

When will my friend and I receive the $25 referral bonus? Thanks!

Pizzaeh

@Saekimori welcome to Public Mobile.  I love yakitori!

Saekimori

Hi, saw this great offer...is it wrong to ask for a referral? Would like to sign up and get $25. Please pm.

thanks

publicmobilesir

Did you activate it online? You only get the $25 if you activate it online. Otherwise it’s $10. 

aaks47

I made an activation yesterday and I made a refferral but I got only $10 for referral not $25. Could I know why???

Pizzaeh

@frank312 wrote:

I have got a new sim card, will active it today

Welcome to Public Mobile!

frank312

I have got a new sim card, will active it today

@Lieux wrote:

@kokanee27  a écrit :

Thanks for the welcome. Hopefully the sign up will be trouble free!

Be patient is a good attitude to have now..Smiley Wink

Yes, the activation and self-serve systems are misbehaving today, but members should keep trying so that sign up can be finished before this promotion ends on Monday.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kokanee27 wrote:

Do it all online. Use an open browser without all the blocks and filters and security measures etc. to give it every opportunity to work.

I mostly use Firefox with a bunch of add-ons filtering things. When I need to do something unlocked-down for things like forms and such I use Edge.

@kokanee27  a écrit :

Be patient is a good attitude to have now..Smiley Wink

kokanee27

@kokanee27 wrote:

Hey, looking for a referral, PM me please. Cheers!

@kokanee27 , it sounds like you've decided to join up. It's always good see new members/customers. 

kokanee27

Hey, looking for a referral, PM me please. Cheers

Got one, thanks!

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@cloveliu wrote:

It's so sad I only read this post after I activated the SIM at Walmart. Smiley MadLose the $25 for both my friend and myself. If anyone need a referral code, please PM me. 

Don't worry @cloveliu I missed out three times, but the money I saved and some new specials for existing members have cheered me up greatly since I moved to Public Mobile.

I hope you too will find satisfaction from your stay here.  Heart

dg_dev

Just activated with the help of some members here. Thanks all. Happy to share the love too. Let me know.

cloveliu

It's so sad I only read this post after I activated the SIM at Walmart. Smiley MadLose the $25 for both my friend and myself. If anyone need a referral code, please PM me. 

almunacompany

yes you can. I've done the same and activate my line online and go the $25 credit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AlvinW wrote:

@4siu wrote:

I received $1 friend referral fees but not the $25 bonus credit, What's going on?

Maybe your $1 referral credit situation is same as mine, your referral went to a store and wanted to buy a sim card to activate online at home, the store person offered to your referral that he/she can help you to activate the sim card and do the phone number porting for you as a courtesy. They mentioned to your referral that they don't earn commission from selling the sim card and activate the prepaid plan. They opened up a web brower to https://activate.publicmobile.ca/ and told your referral that it is same as you to activate it online at home. Somehow to link their information with the activation, that's why you get $1, and your referral get $10. 

They're sneaky little sneaks those guys. Of course they get a commission.

The recommendation is also to not even use the store wifi. Get out. Do it at home or a coffee shop.

The theory that I read here is that there's probably a set ip address that is linked to the store at Public Mobile. Like the external ip of the store router.

AlvinW

@4siu wrote:

I received $1 friend referral fees but not the $25 bonus credit, What's going on?

Maybe your $1 referral credit situation is same as mine, your referral went to a store and wanted to buy a sim card to activate online at home, the store person offered to your referral that he/she can help you to activate the sim card and do the phone number porting for you as a courtesy. They mentioned to your referral that they don't earn commission from selling the sim card and activate the prepaid plan. They opened up a web brower to https://activate.publicmobile.ca/ and told your referral that it is same as you to activate it online at home. Somehow to link their information with the activation, that's why you get $1, and your referral get $10. 

dg_dev

Joining PM soon. Thanks all!

MZDM0001

Hi you all !! lets get our friends signed up

Patrick_R
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It takes about 72 hours to come through

Need Help? Let's chat.