cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share the love: get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*This offer has been extended to March 31, 2019.

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From February 14th until March 31st, 2019, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

FAQs

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

1. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?

Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $25 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $25 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here.

2.I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?

Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.

To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.

3. As the referral receiver, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit, as well as this $25 Refer a Friend credit?

No, these credits are not stackable. Instead, you will receive a total of $25 via an account credit, rather than the ongoing $10 Refer-a-Friend Reward credit.

4. When does this promotion end?

This promotion will end March 31, 2019 11:59PM ET.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
  • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
  • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
  • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
  • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
  • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
  • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

460 REPLIES 460

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nat1989, the $10 & $25 referral credits are NOT stackable.  It is mentioned in the origanal post for this topic (in the spoiler section),

nat1989
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is the $25 on top of the $10 credit?

New to Public, and excited by the reward program.

evovo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sadly, I signed up a few days prior to this promotion...

But that's fine, I've already talked to a few friends who are interested in making the switch! Thanks, PM!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krazykiwi wrote:

@RestoralaxMagic wrote:

Question

I just helped my dad port his Rogers Wireless number to Public Mobile. My dad likes Public Mobile's reception more. My dad wants to recommend my mom to activate a new number ($10 for 50 minutes per month) with Public Mobile. My dad will pay for her Public Mobile's monthly fee. If I use my dad's Public Mobile account to activate another number for my mom, will each of them receive a $25 reward when they are on the same account?

Yes, use your dads number for referral when activating your moms account. They will both get the $25 credit and on top of that your mom will get $10 off each cycle for 6 cycles which will be applied to cycle 2-7.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

To OP: with you intending to go for the $10 plan then no you don't get the $10 bonus credit each month. That's just for $30 and more plans.

Edit: ooo speedy krazykiwi 🙂

@RestoralaxMagic, your mom's sim card must have its own account, and email.

It's 1 sim, to 1 account, and 1 unique email.  There is no other way to do it.

@RestoralaxMagic wrote:

Question

I just helped my dad port his Rogers Wireless number to Public Mobile. My dad likes Public Mobile's reception more. My dad wants to recommend my mom to activate a new number ($10 for 50 minutes per month) with Public Mobile. My dad will pay for her Public Mobile's monthly fee. If I use my dad's Public Mobile account to activate another number for my mom, will each of them receive a $25 reward when they are on the same account?

Yes, use your dads number for referral when activating your moms account. They will both get the $25 credit.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RestoralaxMagic wrote:

Question

You have a couple keywords in there. You can't have multiple numbers on one PM account. You need to make another account and another phone number. Then refer to the first and yes at the moment you'll both get the $25. You can PAY for multiple accounts with one credit card though. (I think it's 3)

Yes for sure @RestoralaxMagic!!! Enjoy to share!!!

RestoralaxMagic

Question

@Stussyjoo8 wrote:

@dna2016

So the new customer gets one time $25 credit plus $10 credit for next 6 month? Thats pretty cool!

The second part is only true for $30+ plans.

Stussyjoo8

@dna2016 wrote:

SWEET!!!!!!! Love this promo.  Glad it's back, goes real well with the $10 credit for 6 straight months promo, as well as the bonus data offers.  Now we're talking Smiley LOL

So the new customer gets one time $25 credit plus $10 credit for next 6 month? Thats pretty cool!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Pizzaeh wrote:

If this is unlimited, what’s  stopping someone from buying and activating 10 or more SIM cards to reap the referral credits (25 - (10*tax) per activated SIM card.  Any flaws in this theory?  

Doing this yourself would net you 2 - 4 dollars each after tax out of pocket. Not terrible and certainly easier than the community reward.

Remember you buy the $10 SIM and the base $10 plan and your taxes. And a unique email address for each as well. 

Edit: thought of this on the drive home...And the $1 per referral for the next renewal which would then stop upon not renewing the temporary accounts

I'm pretty sure that the $25 credit is equivalent to a $25 top up.

I was trying to do all the math of what one has to spend to get the $25. In AB $10+$10 = $21. $4 profit then the one time $1. $5

At 15% $10+$10=$23. $2 profit then the one time $1. $3

It's rather more profitable if someone else pays for the sim and plan. But it is a pretty easy $3.

Edit: I'm talking about spending your money...not saving that which is not spent.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Pizzaeh wrote:

If this is unlimited, what’s  stopping someone from buying and activating 10 or more SIM cards to reap the referral credits (25 - (10*tax) per activated SIM card.  Any flaws in this theory?  

Doing this yourself would net you 2 - 4 dollars each after tax out of pocket. Not terrible and certainly easier than the community reward.

Remember you buy the $10 SIM and the base $10 plan and your taxes. And a unique email address for each as well. 

Edit: thought of this on the drive home...And the $1 per referral for the next renewal which would then stop upon not renewing the temporary accounts

I'm pretty sure that the $25 credit is equivalent to a $25 top up.

dna2016

SWEET!!!!!!! Love this promo.  Glad it's back, goes real well with the $10 credit for 6 straight months promo, as well as the bonus data offers.  Now we're talking Smiley LOL

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@Pizzaeh wrote:

ironic that someone just asked that

When you activate all 10 of these sim cards, you would also have pay for 10 plans in addition to the cost of the sim cards.

On rfd, someone said he was going to activate a bunch of extras and then throw the sim cards out.  I can't believe people are so out in the open on how this can be done.

Remember that Public Mobile surely has a clause that they can discontinue a promotion at any time.

Pizzaeh

@Lieux wrote:

UNLIMITED @Stussyjoo8 !!!!

Is there something to why someone would want to know this?

smp99

@Stussyjoo8 wrote:

I want to know the answer.

Is it unlimited $25 credit until march 18? Or only one time and back to regular referral offer?

@Stussyjoo8 during this same promo over Christmas, my daughter was able give out enough  referrals to cover her $40 plan for the remainder of 2019. I'm sure others here have similar stories

Unlimtied. 

Stussyjoo8

I want to know the answer.

Is it unlimited $25 credit until march 18? Or only one time and back to regular referral offer?

That happened sometimes...Smiley Frustrated @denis2 you can go here....or online with PM..https://www.publicmobile.ca/fr/qc/get-started

PM.jpg

denis2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There is 1 problem with purchasing your SIM card at WalMart, They insist they must set up the connection, they wont let you just buy the card and leave. I called 3 different walmarts and they all insisted. So if it is set up at the store we both lose the $25.00

Spoochy

I just got a referral yesterday night....crap. So close!

@jchan1, I do agree, advanced notice would be wonderful.

How often does Telus or Koodo, or their competitors give advanced notice?

Oh wait.... they don't either.

Sorry for your luck, find some friends and refer them, so you can get $25 a pop on their valid activations.

jchan1

darn! I just signed up last night and missed out on this $25 😞 Would've been nice if this announcement came a few days ahead of time, then I could have planned it better...

mmlee98

Do we get $25 for each new person we refer? Or only one $25 bonus no matter how many people we refer? 

mmlee98

They can either purchase a SIM online, or go to one of the local retailers that sells the SIM cards. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-started

PM.jpg

Stussyjoo8

How they can purchase sim card?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:

Please note that this promo will be valid for Online activation only means if you purchase the sim & only you activate it & NOT RETAIL STORE 

Agree.  Don't even use the computer at retail store. Period.  Activate at home.

There's the kicker. They might say something like "oh but it's the same website you would use". But it seems that an ip address or something in the background is linked to each store. Don't even use their wifi either. Buy the SIM and run.

Need Help? Let's chat.