cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Select ready-made plans expiring May 21

I think PM should just get rid of that $30 1GB data only plan as well.  I don't think that's competitive or even useful at all.  Just get rid of it, and it'll also even out the "Plans" page to 6.  Looks weird with that one random one hanging by a thread all by its lonesome, lol.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The $50 Plan also includes Unlimited US Calling. If you need US calling , this plan seems like a good deal.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dna2016 wrote:

I think PM should just get rid of that $30 1GB data only plan as well.  I don't think that's competitive or even useful at all.  Just get rid of it, and it'll also even out the "Plans" page to 6.  Looks weird with that one random one hanging by a thread all by its lonesome, lol.

Yes, Fido offers a 4GB data only plan for $15/mon. Used to be 3GB for well over 2 years but now they reduced that plan to $10/mon . See here:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/fido-4gb-lte-data-plan-15-byod-no-contract-2078212/

So yes, $30 for 1GB LTE data only plan is nowhere near competitive.

Of course, the 1GB add-on for $30 is also silly...expecially since it only matches whatever data plan you already have... if you have 3G you only get 1GB at 3G... yeesh!

I still prefer the plan builder, as it lets you get a 90- day plan if you wish. However, there is very little reason to do so, as the ability to save money, or get more for the same cost is gone.

Marketing is focused on copying the competition, and only offering deals to be competitive.  Bring back innovation, and leadership, and this place will explode in subscribers again.

Tue, innovation is needed. With that there needs to be a tool that makes sense. At the moment, many areas in the plan builder do not make sense. It just comes across as sloppy.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That one exist due to a mandate from CRTC to make “cheaper” data only plans available to customers.  So the carriers all obliged by making the same $30 1GB LTE data available at any carrier brand owned by the Big 3.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hoping that another deal comes up, I’m currently very happy with the $15 plan.  I can make the data work, since I’m mostly in wifi and I typically browse webpages only.  

Would make me very happy if there was just a little more...  Tonight was when my plan expired but I had to converse to keep my internet access alive.  I had roughly 5MB left in the 250MB allotment...  Smiley Sad

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

With this new $25 plan, the $35 plan sticks out like a sore thumb. Basically for $10 more you get an additionall 500mb of data? What? LOL

@SomeFriend wrote:

That one exist due to a mandate from CRTC to make “cheaper” data only plans available to customers.  So the carriers all obliged by making the same $30 1GB LTE data available at any carrier brand owned by the Big 3.

Good point. But the CRTC mandating a price point of $30 for 1GB is silly, and expensive. Hopefully one day, data will get more affordable in Canada.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@will13am wrote:

The full speed LTE plan is overpriced and likely not popular.  It is sad to see loss of anything full speed LTE.  I don't like seeing data speed being monetized.

Monetizing data speed is PM's reason for existence. Telus is only willing to sell us a halfway decent amount of data for a non-absurd price if it has sloth speed.

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@SomeFriend wrote:

Good point. But the CRTC mandating a price point of $30 for 1GB is silly, and expensive. Hopefully one day, data will get more affordable in Canada.

This will only happen if the CRTC allows MVNOs.