Select ready-made plans expiring April 22nd

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

As of April 22nd, 11:59 PM, the following price plans are being expired:

• $25 for 1 GB at 3G speed
  • $40 for 5 GB at 3G speed
  • $45 for 6.5 GB at 3G speed

If you’re interested in taking advantage of these ready-made plans while they’re still available, learn how you can set up a future-dated plan change on your next renewal date by clicking here. By doing so before April 22nd, your plan will automatically change to the plan that you choose on your next cycle.

To check out our other plans, go to publicmobile.ca/plans.

Have some questions about this change? Check out our FAQs or post below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Question

Answer

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

My current plan is one of the ones set to expire. Is any action required from me?

If you would like to continue on your current plan, no change is required.

I currently have one of these plans. If I switch to another plan, can I switch back?

You can switch back to these plans up to April 22nd. After that, these plans will no longer be available.

168 REPLIES 168

warner
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You will be able to keep it forever as long as you don't change to another plan.

Claireleau

Hi, i just need one clarification

I am currently waiting for my SIM card to arrive and was planning to get the talk+text+500mb+500mb plan at 25$, but now i read that it will expire.

So assuming that i receive my SIM card before april 22th and subscribe to this plan, will i be able to keep it forever, or will i be forced to choose another plan next month ?

@stonechucker wrote:

@dabr, I'm in this forum every day.  Even before I joined, I was here at least 4 days a week (researching).

There are ways to link to this forum and get updates using the RSS feed in the 'Topic Options' button at the top.  Email or FeedReader apps for all devices and operating systems.

Yes I agree and am aware there are ways to get instant updates and signing up with RSS feed would do that (perhaps I should sign on for that too), but I was thinking that would work for people who are much more patient and willing to spend time to do their research.  However, I don't think most people (unfortunately) are going to go through all options available for the latest updates, especially if someone is maybe shopping around for a new plan (ie: new customer).  They're more likely to take a quick look at the home page to see what's available...just thought it might be helpful if the moderators' had updated the plans that will be expired on Public Mobile's home page where they are displayed without any notice about their short term availability.

@dabr, I'm in this forum every day.  Even before I joined, I was here at least 4 days a week (researching).

There are ways to link to this forum and get updates using the RSS feed in the 'Topic Options' button at the top.  Email or FeedReader apps for all devices and operating systems.

@bar0460 wrote:

I'm surprised that they are retiring the $25 1 gig plan considering Freedom just released a $24 (29 - 5 auto pay discount) prepaid NATIONWIDE 1.5 gig plan which includes roaming on Bell, Telus, and Roger's when necessary.  Also includes wifi calling and VoLte. 

I agree...I think this is a step backwards for Public Mobile since the plans expiring seem to offer the best value for money...I guess we have to be grateful the $15 plan isn't being retired.

Another point I think this announcement should be linked to the plans on the home page, there is no information there to say these plans will no longer be available in a few days.  I don't believe all new customers, perhaps even quite a few existing customers, would necessarily go to the announcement link first to learn about the latest updates.

kghimire

We hope, more exciting plans are on the way  🙂

@Kovaelin, as you did get your first 2 credits, you're only going to miss $40.  This will be 'recovered after 8 cycles.  At that time, your old $30 plan, with the discount for 6 cycles, will become a regular $25 cycle.  Your rewards will then in about 2 or 3  more cycles will be $2/cycle for AutoPay, $1 for Loyalty, and $1 each for any friend renewals/referrals.  You'll be saving more overall than the $60 in no time!

@bar0460, but just think, what if you didn't have to roam...  wait.. you don't roam at Public Mobile unless you cross into the US!

Unless you're in a major centre or live in the Toronto Subway, don't think about Freedom.

Kovaelin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you, I appreciate the transparency, even if this is bad news.

@bar0460 wrote:

I'm surprised that they are retiring the $25 1 gig plan considering Freedom just released a $24 (29 - 5 auto pay discount) prepaid NATIONWIDE 1.5 gig plan which includes roaming on Bell, Telus, and Roger's when necessary.  Also includes wifi calling and VoLte. 

PM doesn't compete with Freedom their competition is Chatr & Lucky.

bar0460
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

No penalties. Just the loss of the 10$ credits

miltondad2twins

I joined PM as a new customer recently with their $10 savings for 6 months Promo that expired March 4, 2019.  I signed up for the $30/30 days with 500Mg+500Mg data with Auto-Pay on the 3G network.  Subsequently that plan dropped in price to $25 and will now be ending April 22nd, 2019.  While I had planned to change to it once I received my last $10 credit I wish to put in for the change now with my next cycle.  I've only received 2 credits of the 6 till now and wished to know what $ penalties if any I'd have to pay aside from the elimination of my final 4 scheduled credits.

@SLOPES, the overview doesn't change information for the plan until the renewal date.  As long as you see your plan listed as scheduled to change, you should be good to go.

SLOPES

I changed to $50 8gb plan, for next cycle, but my overview page says nexy cycle cost $40 still. Will I be ok? It said I successfully changed my plan, but I cannot comfirm that anywhere.

This is not good news.  Hopefully, plans will come back in the future.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Luddite and @mimmo. There is only 1 plan for $25 with data. All the plans mentioned would be talk/text/data.

Just sayin' 🙂

@Anonymous  there is officially no 25$ plan with 1gb of data. The $25 plan comes with only 500mb of data and if you enable autopay you get a bonus of 500mb. 

Also 1gb is 1024mb where as 500mb +500mb =1000mb 

Yes you are right there is only 1 $25 plan with data, but just saying let's be precise in exactly what is being announced/advertised, as some people are more picky with details than others. 

There is no precision required when it's all of one possibility. If there was some kind ambiguity then sure.

And if you really wanna get carried away with technical specifics, what would commonly be referred to as 1GB is commonly known as 1,000,000,000 bytes. But if you actually want to be properly binary about it, the number comes to 1,073,741,824 (or 2³º)

There's just one $25 plan with data...no need to ask for any clarity.

@steff12321 wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

Wow that's weird, I'm on the 4.5GB + 500MB plan:

e99185f348f95bb1dacafc84c21fb22c

The 500MB data bonuses are really 512MB or 0.5GB.  I can only think that "500" sounds more impressive than "0.5", but that 500MB sounds simpler than 512MB. The difference is small enough that most people probably wouldn't notice.  And, if you think about it, who's going to complain that they got more than advertised?  I remember when people were suing hard drive manufactuers over this discrpency, but in this case, customers are getting more.

steff12321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@geopublic wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Luddite and @mimmo. There is only 1 plan for $25 with data. All the plans mentioned would be talk/text/data.

Just sayin' 🙂

@Anonymous  there is officially no 25$ plan with 1gb of data. The $25 plan comes with only 500mb of data and if you enable autopay you get a bonus of 500mb. 

Yes you are right there is only 1 $25 plan with data, but just saying let's be precise in exactly what is being announced/advertised, as some people are more picky with details than others. 

1024.JPG

500MB + 500MB = 1024MB

Wow that's weird, I'm on the 4.5GB + 500MB plan:

e99185f348f95bb1dacafc84c21fb22c

@mimmo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just sayin' 🙂

1024.JPG

500MB + 500MB = 1024MB

@mimmo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just sayin' 🙂

I agree with @mimmo - in business, as well as any other time, the terms should be as clear as possible so that there is no ambiguity or confusion.  It is just good sense to have clear communication.

@ShawnC13, the have to give Grandfathered plans a posting, and the change will go into effect in no less than 30 days.

For example, the Fall 2016 Promo was notified early 2018 that price would increase in mid April that year.  Due to major rebuff, the change was cancelled.

In market plans for new or changing plans can and do without 30 day notice.  Special Promos and Flash weekend deals are examples.

@stonechucker wrote:

@homer wrote:

Just read through the ToS and found the answer of this question: 

@Alan_K wrote:

Public Mobile has the right to change any of the terms of service, including rates, without notice. Changes become effective thirty days after being posted at publicmobile.ca/plans 

They can create or end the availability of any promo or inmarket plan whenever they want, without any warning.  It’s when they change your active plan (or to be renewed or reactivated plan) they give notice, and the change applies 30 days later.

The only notice the need to officially give is on the plans page.  They do not need to notify or post it  anywhere else asper the ToS

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo

@Anonymous wrote:

Just sayin' 🙂

Plenty of notice is good Cat Wink

Jbanks1989

Thanks I just did that! Glad I know there was a better plan for the same price before it expires... lol

@homer wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

Public Mobile has the right to change any of the terms of service, including rates, without notice. Changes become effective thirty days after being posted at publicmobile.ca/plans 

They can create or end the availability of any promo or inmarket plan whenever they want, without any warning.  It’s when they change your active plan (or to be renewed or reactivated plan) they give notice, and the change applies 30 days later.

mimmo

@Jbanks1989 wrote:

Wait... I pay $45 for 6 GB. I can pay the same for more GB? Do I change plans? 

Just futuredate the plan you want before the expiry date. 

Jbanks1989

Wait... I pay $45 for 6 GB. I can pay the same for more GB? Do I change plans? I am in Quebec

homer

@Alan_K wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.