Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Public Mobile

[Resolved] System issue expired select customers' services

Most Recent Update

17:00 PM ET - April 23, 2019

Today we identified a technical issue affecting select customers where plans were mistakenly renewed prior to the plan renewal date, resulting in loss of service for some customers.

Our technical team has investigated the issue and is restoring service in batches for those affected. By 9:00 PM ET, all services should resume. Customers impacted by this issue will receive an SMS in the coming days.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

14:00 PM ET - April 23, 2019

Hey Community,

Today we identified a technical issue affecting select customers where plans were mistakenly renewed prior to the plan renewal date, resulting in loss of service for some customers.

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Mayor / Maire

Re: System issue expired select customers' services

@Alan_K wrote:

Most Recent Update

14:00 PM ET - April 23, 2019

Hey Community,

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Please let us know the updates!!

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

wow finally support team woke up to post this after i posted around 10-15 messages Smiley Sad sick

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I hope so. Public Mobile is my only contact phone and I am disabled. 

Thank you

@Johnmichael2u, please consider getting a WiFi app such as Fongo to act as your backup telephone number, in case something like this happens again.

Fongo has telephone numbers available in most parts of Canada and gives free calling to any number in Canada.  A texting add-on is a small monthly fee if desired.

You can use it where ever you can access WiFi.

Oracle

These announcements need to come out ahead of the bow wave of service disruption complaints.  The prepaid model is much more vulnerable to service disruptions than postpaid.  A timely announcement policy is essential.

Well how nice of you to join us - are you now going to figure out the issue and personally respond to everyone individually - or like how this all happened without notice - fix the problem and hope people find the answer? 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am one of the customers so hopefully this is fixed fast as my cell is my house phone as well...i need my phone.pretty pissed off

I am expecting work related important calls and i still dont have any connectivity

im one of the affected customers plan was supposed to expire on the 30th  its the 23rd what the hell?