Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] System issue expired select customers' services

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

17:00 PM ET - April 23, 2019

Today we identified a technical issue affecting select customers where plans were mistakenly renewed prior to the plan renewal date, resulting in loss of service for some customers.

Our technical team has investigated the issue and is restoring service in batches for those affected. By 9:00 PM ET, all services should resume. Customers impacted by this issue will receive an SMS in the coming days.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

14:00 PM ET - April 23, 2019

Hey Community,

Today we identified a technical issue affecting select customers where plans were mistakenly renewed prior to the plan renewal date, resulting in loss of service for some customers.

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

-Public Mobile Community Team

202 REPLIES 202

alex6999
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same happens on my plan, it was renewed Apr 8 and discontinued Apr 23, exact 15 days. And service disconnected, I have no choice and choose another plan to turn service on. 

But where is $25 credit for 15 days of discontinued $50 dollars plan?

bambi1

I wonder how long we will all be without service !  i have been a faithful Custolmer of Public Mobile since 2010 and i paid for my phone service a few days in advance on April 11 and here we are 12 days later and i have no service . I found out when i tried to make a call to the hospital ,...all i got was an automated walt Disney voice telling me to make a payment . WTF , one payment per month should be enough !!! Not to mention that my daughter in law is in her last week of pregnancy and she could have the baby any day ! What would we do in an Emergency if we needed an Ambulance ! I dont know what caused this fck up ! But i hope they solve the problem fast , and i hope that everyone that lost phone service will receive a nice credit on there Public Mobile account for having to put up with all this stress and inconvenience ! Seriously ! its not a good way to start a day ! 😞

Rick5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Do you know when this is going to be resolved?? You know it's a piss off when you pay your bill and it is suspended for no reason

Santic93

My service has yet to be restored. I paid on April 4th so I would still have 11 days left before I have to pay again 

jrholland38

hi i am jeff holland

i paid my bill on april 9/19 and its telling me i need to add more money?  I need my phone working as i need it to get to work and important calls.

thanks

Jeff

@stonechucker wrote:

@Johnmichael2u, please consider getting a WiFi app such as Fongo to act as your backup telephone number, in case something like this happens again.

Fongo has telephone numbers available in most parts of Canada and gives free calling to any number in Canada.  A texting add-on is a small monthly fee if desired.

You can use it where ever you can access WiFi.

And textnow gives both sms and North America unlimited calls, you can also get free Canadian number, really great addition if you have only one phone and can access wifi. Fongo and freephoneline do forwarding too I'm not sure about textnow but wouldn't surprise me either

Chantellemax
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is this sarcasm? I'm unsure. This.has been going on all day and they only decided to address it at 2pm after hours of people trying to reach them.

sha_star30

I hope this gets fixed fast....this is my only phone..... Pissed off

mh1983

@Alan_K wrote:

Most Recent Update

Hey Community,

I might argue that the community identified the issue in spades...

carolmorrison13

mine is one of these accts thats been suspended i payed my bill april1/19 of 45.00 a month and now i am suspended fix this soon i am seriously angry .

dna2016

Thanks for the early warning.  Hopefully this will limit the amount of people sending messages to MODS.

Johnmichael2u

Thanks ever so much. I forgot about that option. I'll blame that on my brain injury.

My services have thankfully been restored.

Enjoy the day and again I thank you.

John Michael

Johnmichael2u

Services restored. Thank you. To all others affected, I hope your day returns to normal. I still miss the Old Public Mobile

mike_menapace66

im one of the affected customers plan was supposed to expire on the 30th  its the 23rd what the hell?

Prakashb

I am expecting work related important calls and i still dont have any connectivity

termac

I am one of the customers so hopefully this is fixed fast as my cell is my house phone as well...i need my phone.pretty pissed off

Chantellemax
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Well how nice of you to join us - are you now going to figure out the issue and personally respond to everyone individually - or like how this all happened without notice - fix the problem and hope people find the answer? 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

These announcements need to come out ahead of the bow wave of service disruption complaints.  The prepaid model is much more vulnerable to service disruptions than postpaid.  A timely announcement policy is essential.

@Johnmichael2u, please consider getting a WiFi app such as Fongo to act as your backup telephone number, in case something like this happens again.

Fongo has telephone numbers available in most parts of Canada and gives free calling to any number in Canada.  A texting add-on is a small monthly fee if desired.

You can use it where ever you can access WiFi.

Johnmichael2u

I hope so. Public Mobile is my only contact phone and I am disabled. 

Thank you

Prakashb

wow finally support team woke up to post this after i posted around 10-15 messages 😞 sick

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Alan_K wrote:

Most Recent Update

Hey Community,

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Please let us know the updates!!

Need Help? Let's chat.