cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] Select customers missing Rewards upon plan renewal

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This issue is now resolved as of Oct 25, 2019.

11:00 AM ET - Oct 24, 2019

Hey Community,

We have identified an issue affecting select customers who renewed their service on Oct 23 & 24, in which customers did not have their Rewards applied to their payment. Data services, SMS, and calling are unaffected by this issue.

Rest assured that if you have been impacted by this issue, there is no need to create a ticket at this point in time. Our technical team has identified all impacted customers, and will be applying the missing Rewards as an account credit as well as providing a confirmation SMS by end of day. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community team

65 REPLIES 65

@Cynthis57 wrote:

Hi. I checked my visa and my bill has been the same for at least 6 months. I tried to get a ticket but I cannot get through. Need help. Thanks 

Click the ? in lower right side of page to start process of moderator assistance. Type "contact human", then follow direction to "Contact Moderators" or "Account Specfic Question".

Cynthis57
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I checked my visa and my bill has been the same for at least 6 months. I tried to get a ticket but I cannot get through. Need help. Thanks 

hxj140
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The issue I had with my rewards was resolved very quickly and efficiently.

A big thank you to Mariela.

@FobClone  Try posting again...but I suspect you need to contact the moderators.

FobClone

hxj140

Same thing happened to my plan when it auto renewed on November 13: no rewards were credited before payment was taken. I'm in contact with a moderator to resolve the issue.

I hope anyone that has been affected gets it resolved.

Overall, I'm still very happy with public.

@B787 

@B787 wrote:

Thanks for your advice,

Yes, I have Autopay and Loyalty rewards (2$+1$), but i didn't get them in last bill (dated today 13-Nov).

Unfortunatly I can not submit the ticket, didn't accept my Username/Password, I get "Error logging in". any other way?

Thanks

If you are having trouble with ticketing process, you can directly contact moderator via private messaging.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

B787

Thanks for your advice,

Yes, I have Autopay and Loyalty rewards (2$+1$), but i didn't get them in last bill (dated today 13-Nov).

Unfortunatly I can not submit the ticket, didn't accept my Username/Password, I get "Error logging in". any other way?

Thanks

@B787 wrote:

Hi,

I have the same problem, for today renewal i didn't get my rewards and I'm charged for full amount. Should i open a new ticket?

Thanks

If you have anything listed in your rewards sections and you just renewed but those rewards didn't provide you any discount on your renewal, yes, you should open a ticket.

B787

Hi,

I have the same problem, for today renewal i didn't get my rewards and I'm charged for full amount. Should i open a new ticket?

Thanks

domptg

This issue is not resolved !!

Please take this word away from the post.

My second plan renewed last nigtht without rewards again.

So frustrating!!

Newfiescreech
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the information ..hope thoses people get their points problem fix ..Take it easy 

@Alan_K wrote:

This issue is now resolved as of Oct 25, 2019.

11:00 AM ET - Oct 24, 2019

Hey Community,

We have identified an issue affecting select customers who renewed their service on Oct 23 & 24, in which customers did not have their Rewards applied to their payment. Data services, SMS, and calling are unaffected by this issue.

Rest assured that if you have been impacted by this issue, there is no need to create a ticket at this point in time. Our technical team has identified all impacted customers, and will be applying the missing Rewards as an account credit as well as providing a confirmation SMS by end of day. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community team

Happy 

@kimkeizer  This is why Simon and I dont get along. I prefer to either use my private messages icon or by tap and holding the moderator team avatar and clicking on the message this user in the pop up. Just be sure to include your email, ph #, pin #, full name on account in your private message. I find it works just as quickly as Simon even though pm prefers you to chat with Simon to create a ticket.

kimkeizer

I've tried to create a ticket regarding my missing rewards and it won't let me finish because it's asking for my "refer a friend code".  I have no idea what that is since I referred them all a LONG time ago. I'm missing ALL my rewards not just the refer a friend code.  Is there and easier option to create a ticket rather than selecting pre determined fields?

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Good morning Community !

We'll be more than glad to assist but for that you will need to submit a ticket with the Moderator Team by clicking the link here .

Hope you all have a great day ! 

The Public Mobile Moderator Team. 

domptg

My account same thing. Renewed without the rewards. Moderators please respond. Thanks

kimkeizer

Has this issue started again?  My auto pay came out this morning and I wasn't credited any of my rewards.  I logged on to my account and it also shows no rewards on my "payment" history of today.  I even double checked yesterday on my account under my rewards to verify what the rewards should be.  I also went into my history and my payment should be the same every month yet it hasn't been... any thoughts?

@makeh  If your missing the service try rebooting your phone first.

@makeh 

@makeh wrote:

I just Renewed my monthly bill and I am missing the data associated to this account?

You may want to start your own threrad.  

More details will be helpful.  Which plan?  Does your talk and text work?  Account status active or suspended?  Do you see the data add on counter in your Adds on section?  

@makeh wrote:

I just Renewed my monthly bill and I am missing the data associated to this account?

@makehYou are missing your data? What plan are you on? Are missing it from your account or the service on your phone?

makeh

@Chern wrote:

I never got my rewards credit for referring a friend.

What can I do to get it added to my account?

Have your friend message the moderators to see if they can do anything. Make sure to give your friend your reference code, to give to moderator.

Chern

I never got my rewards credit for referring a friend.

What can I do to get it added to my account?

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't think this was fixed, my plan renewed on October 31st and only a portion of my rewards where credited upon renewal...

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just to add....

One of my accounts missed the rewards on renewal - Oct28.

$2 autopay and $2 community

A quick ticket to mods, and monies were credited to account within a few hours

This was a new account just opened 30 days earlier.

@maurice  You are absolutely right you did not say when your renewal was so i apologize for that assumption. I dont know were i got the 28th from...must have read too many posts. But you do complain about not getting the text and finding out about it on your cc statement so your renewal is either the 23rd or the 24th. That being said if you occasionally come to the community to rant on a thread that is a discussion about the announcement you have to expect a response especially  when you ask questions (?) Versus making a statement(!) And if you are addressing public mobile you should quote the original post and tag Alan_k so the community who are customers not employees know you are addressing public mobile and not the community at large since you criticized those who bravoed posts within the thread.Of course any of those bravoes are directed at the community who quickly picked up on this strange glitch and brought it to pm attention so they could get on top of it and address it within 36 hours of it first starting. If we had to rely on you we would only know about it a week later and public mobile wouldn't have a clue because you don't know how to direct your complaints to them so they actually receive them. But don't worry because Alan_k does read what I write if I tag him so he will read your complaint and respond to it if he feels the need. No thank you is necessary but feel free to rebuke my commentary as it is a discussion forum and everyone is welcome on the community.

maurice

Not really wise to make assumptions, and rarely wise to offer advice on situations that one knows little about, especially if you are not a moderator. Prety sure you have no idea when my renewal date was, or any idea what reward level I have,  so to start declaring what I should or should not be doing, and conjuring a bunch of numbers on those mistaken beliefs isn't required. Clearly my comments weren't a request for somebody in the community to "splain" it to me. What  they are is a public message to Public Mobile to do better. End of story.

It appears that the bug that affected users on the 23rd and the 24th of October has not been completely resolved. Either those select users who have not received or had their autopay reward applied to their account in the last few days during renewal are subject to the occasional glitch that happens at pm or it's a continuance of the bug. I have only read complaints about the autopay reward rather than all rewards? Or is autopay the only one they have? @Linda123  and @maxshi  both of you need to contact a moderator to have the autopay reward applied to your account the turnaround time has been very quick and it should be resolved quickly. @maurice  the same applies but it is important to remember you did not receive a sms because you were not in the original group of users as your renewal was on the 28th not the 23rd or 24th. Every other complaint seen on the community since then and there are very few of them has only been the autopay reward o as it has been isolated there has been no reason to raise the alarm and is up to each individual user affected by this to contact a moderator on their own to ask for it to be applied to their account. Now it is unfortunate that your missing $2 reward was applied to your credit card and if you dont pay it on time the extra 19.95% interest on $2 for 9 days (the time past your 21 day Grace period that you would have to pay interest on) may be unaffordable to you and perhaps you would be justified in asking the moderators to apply that amount to your account. However since you will get the credit for the autopay next renewal asking for the gst and pst is not justified as you will not pay it the following month. But yes you may have to pay interest on that extra $0.20-$0.30 for 9 days. So I'm sure if you calculate the 9 days of interest(at whatever your rate is) compounded daily on $2.10-$2.30 and submit it you might get a moderator that feels compassion to your plight and apply the approximately $0.0044 to your account. Public mobile could do better and they are trying by scheduling system maintenance more often and slowy resolving the more common bugs and glitches that affect the system.But you do get rewards...something you don't get elsewhere because they charge more and spend more on the latest and greatest software to avoid major problems but they still occur when you're paying twice the price you just don't know about it because they don't have communities that are engaged and active so you it in the dark til you get your bill and freak out and get on the phone to them. Public mobile system will never be perfect that's why your bill is cheap by comparison. You will occasionally be the victim of a bug or glitch at pm accept it and message a mod tag @Alan_K if you have to and move on. Otherwise you know the alternative....pay more get more and complain to a customer service agent on the phone.

maurice

Well can't say I am impressed by this at all. PM once again screws up on billing issues, and then just responds by putting a credit on your account for next month.  Really? I found out about this when it showed up on my credit card statement. 

I didn't get the SMS and have to wonder what was their Plan B to ensure that everyone affected got that message. I also have to wonder why that credit didn't include the GST and PST I was charged because of their failure. Why is that fair? It wasn't my mess up, it was theirs!

What about people that just had sufficient funds to cover their normally reward reduced bill, but then got charged the full amount? Are they now in default and will have  the aggravation of straightening that out too?

I can't believe people are giving Bravos out for this. You don't get improvement by rewarding mediocrity. Public Mobile needs to be better. So just be better!!

@maxshi Pretty sure Dunkman meant... If you're missing autopay reward credit and haven't received it yet, then contact Moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.