Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Issue Resolved] Dropped calls issue

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

9:30 PM ET - May 8, 2019

Hey Community,

We can confirm that the solution our team implemented earlier today to address customers’ voice calls periodically dropping has been resolved.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this service issue may have caused and thank you for your patience as we worked to find a resolution over the past few days and we recognize the frustrations you have felt. To that end, in the case of a technical glitch like we experienced, we want to be certain that the information we are sharing with our customers is accurate and helpful. However, as you have voiced, we too believe that updates should be timely as well. We have heard you and we are committed to improving our processes so we can keep you informed as much as we can going forward.

-Public Mobile Community team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

4:30 PM ET - May 8, 2019

Hey Community,

We have implemented a solution to resolve the issue causing customers’ voice calls to drop during peak times. We are actively monitoring the Community and our systems to ensure there are no further inconveniences to our customers. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here and we can assist.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience. We will provide a further update as soon as possible.

12:00 PM ET - May 7, 2019

Hey Community,

We are aware that some customers continue to experience dropped calls during peak hours and our team is working to address this immediately. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here and we can assist on a case by case basis.

We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience as we work towards a resolution. We will provide further updates as soon as we know more.

12:00 PM ET - May 6, 2019

Hey Community,

We have identified the source of the technical issue causing select customers to experience dropped calls during peak hours. We've implemented a solution that we believe has resolved the dropped calls issues. However, we are monitoring and ask customers to reach out if you continue to experience any issues.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience. We will provide an update first thing tomorrow morning.

May 3, 2019

Hi Community,

We have heard your concerns around some calling and service issues and we thank you for flagging them to us. After investigation, we have identified the cause of the issues some of you have been experiencing and want to share an update.

1. Dropped calls - We’re currently experiencing an issue in which select customers may experience dropped calls during peak usage times (approximately 4 to 7pm ET time). Text/data capabilities remain unaffected. Our team is diligently investigating the source of this issue and is fully committed to restoring normal functionality as soon as possible. Until then, we appreciate your understanding.

• What you can do if you want to connect with someone during peak usage times:
      • Use texting, wi-fi, or data to stay connected
      • Use wi-fi calling apps

2. $15 Plan - We’ve successfully fixed an issue that affected the service for select customers who signed up or changed to the $15 100 minute plan beginning April 30. This issue arose at 12:15 AM ET on May 3rd, was identified by our team, and was fixed as of 1 PM ET May 3rd. We understand that staying connected is important, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

• If you’re on this plan and are experiencing any issues other than dropped calls, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here - don’t forget to be as descriptive as possible and to include your account information so that we can assist you as quickly as possible.

We apologize for these inconveniences and the delay on our end in updating you officially. We always look to identify what the issue is and the impact while gathering as much information as we can before announcing, as we want to mitigate any concerns or questions you may have. However, we understand that those of you affected directly, want an update right away. To that end we are working on improving our internal processes in order to get in touch with you as quickly as we can.

Stay tuned as we will update you on the first issue as soon as we can.

Public Mobile Community Team

314 REPLIES 314

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Alan_K , Public Mobile is doing better with the announcements.  However, it is quite evident that there is a lot that can be improved.  To say the issue affecting customers on the $15 plan came to the attention of Public Mobile at 12:15am May 3 shows the need for greater attention to the network.  Before noon today, customers had already gathered enough data to hypothesize the cause of service disruptions affecting a number of new customers.  It is not good when customers apparently know more about what might be going on and earlier.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Hypothesis-on-why-new-subscribers-to-15...

As for official announcments, it is never nice to be scooped by unofficial discussions in a prominent news site.  There is definitely a balance between gathering facts and issuing timely notifications.  There is definitely room for further calibration here.  In the internet era, information even if alternate facts spread fast.  If you don't get ahead of the curve and contain the situation, things can get ugly really fast.  

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/05/03/public-mobile-outage-no-official-repsonse/

Alistairm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Alan_K wrote:

Hi Community,

We have heard your concerns around some calling and service issues and we thank you for flagging them to us. After investigation, we have identified the cause of the issues some of you have been experiencing and want to share an update.

1. Dropped calls - We’re currently experiencing an issue in which select customers may experience dropped calls during peak usage times (approximately 4 to 7pm ET time). Text/data capabilities remain unaffected. Our team is diligently investigating the source of this issue and is fully committed to restoring normal functionality as soon as possible. Until then, we appreciate your understanding.

• What you can do if you want to connect with someone during peak usage times:
      • Use texting, wi-fi, or data to stay connected
      • Use wi-fi calling apps

2. $15 Plan - We’ve successfully fixed an issue that affected the service for select customers who signed up or changed to the $15 100 minute plan beginning April 30. This issue arose at 12:15 AM ET on May 3rd, was identified by our team, and was fixed as of 1 PM ET May 3rd. We understand that staying connected is important, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

• If you’re on this plan and are experiencing any issues other than dropped calls, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here - don’t forget to be as descriptive as possible and to include your account information so that we can assist you as quickly as possible.

We apologize for these inconveniences and the delay on our end in updating you officially. We always look to identify what the issue is and the impact while gathering as much information as we can before announcing, as we want to mitigate any concerns or questions you may have. However, we understand that those of you affected directly, want an update right away. To that end we are working on improving our internal processes in order to get in touch with you as quickly as we can.

Stay tuned as we will update you on the first issue as soon as we can.

Public Mobile Community Team

May 3rd? Sorry, but for me, it was May 2nd.

Klane
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@xchoo wrote:
This issue arose at 12:15 AM ET on May 3rd, was identified by our team, and was fixed as of 1 PM ET May 3rd.

Hahahahahahaha. No.

The issue arose at about 10 PM EST on May 1st, and was rectified at 1PM EST on May 3rd

I agree @xchoo  it was the time you stated, 10pm May 1st

JonDT
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This was my exact experience. Hope this is sorted soon.

JonDT

I have been affected by the dropped call issue too. I thought I was going through an area of poor coverage which caused the call the drop... Does that still happen, or am I living in the past? Happy to hear that this was identified as an issue and is being investigated. Aside from this, my service has been reliable. I'm happy to hear texting and data are unaffected. Good to know that we have some options in the event that some calls drop unexpectedly.

xchoo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
This issue arose at 12:15 AM ET on May 3rd, was identified by our team, and was fixed as of 1 PM ET May 3rd.

Hahahahahahaha. No.

The issue arose at about 10 PM EST on May 1st, and was rectified at 1PM EST on May 3rd

Glasgoa_3

Yes my calls today and yesterday around this time we’re constantly being dropped. I was unsure of why. 

How long will this this issue take to be resolved as most people can’t text while driving? 

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

One thing that may have helped the fear-mongers:

You said you identified an issue at a certain time. You could have said within the first hour - "We have identified an issue with this $15 plan and are working to fix - please stay tuned." Instead of waiting almost 18hours to issue a statement that says you found a problem and it took us 12 hours to fix.

Communication - you have to be more transparent with these issues

@Martain wrote:

hi i can have acces to my accont and my phone need to get paid

it said that my account is block

how come?

please answer soon

im getting very unsatisfy by all the troubles since the couple of week

better pay me back or credit for all the inconvient

and i will not accepte les

Your going to have to send a message to the moderators to have them address your problem... click here

Send as much account info (name, phone number, pin) to help speed things up but it could be several hours before they respond as this have been busy, as you know. Please be patient.

Martain

hi i can have acces to my accont and my phone need to get paid

it said that my account is block

how come?

please answer soon

im getting very unsatisfy by all the troubles since the couple of week

better pay me back or credit for all the inconvient

and i will not accepte les

Klane

@Dunkman wrote:

Thanks for update.  

Lots of technical issues recently.  Hopefully, the reliability of Public mobile improves in the near future.  It is fine to be cheaper, but the service needs to be reliable.  Hard to justify these disruptions recently.....

@Alan_KYou need to be aware many Customers are unhappy with all the reccent service problems, and less value in plan offers everyday ... your competion has better servies, pricesand plans... PM needs to pick it up fast and take care of existing Customers.

Klane

The solution to dropped calls is tell Customers dont make real Calls ?   How can PM excpect people to pay for a service that seems to get worse everyday instead of better ?

sonician

The call drops issue, is the issue you've identified as one that's been occurring for some time, or is this a recently identified issue?

I've noticed calls have been dropping at random times, usually between 7-8pm Eastern time. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks for update.  

Lots of technical issues recently.  Hopefully, the reliability of Public mobile improves in the near future.  It is fine to be cheaper, but the service needs to be reliable.  Hard to justify these disruptions recently.....

Need Help? Let's chat.