cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: [Resolution In Progress] Dropped calls issue

Hi Mods,

I had 3 dropped calls today at 12:50pm, 1:01pm and 1:10pm.

The calls lasted 11m1s, 7m03s, and 6m4s respectively.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sales_guy wrote:

Still having major dropped call issues.  Over 17 on Friday, and 5 in the last hour alone.  I'm terrified to call clients only to have the call drop mid-sentence.   I'm starting to worry that I made a mistake switching to Public Mobile...

With all due respect...if you making a living depends on you having a stable cell phone at all times then Public Mobile may not be the best option for you.

Mayor / Maire

Hi @Alan_K ,

I had at leat 3 dropped calls today, two of them at 4:03 PM and 4:10 PM eastern time, after 6 min 42 s and 2 min 56 s.

Mayor / Maire

It also might be helpful for Public mobile to know where in the country your drop calls are occurring as well as times.  

Very frustrating issue.....  hopefully, will be fixed soon.....  

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@JoeBush wrote:

So if you're in the middle of an emergency call because a rapist is chasing you down the street and you lose the cell phone service, but you saved ten dollars, that's okay?

Yes! Because I saved $50 this month I could afford better shoes to run in! Plus emergency calls don't even need a SIM or active cell service to work. But you did make your point!

Sad thing is paying extra for the service doesn't guarantee stable service though. I can tell you that the $70 a month 1GB plan my Aunt was on with Rogers dropped decently regularly when she would talk to my mother (landline). She would always call right back, so it wasn't just a creative way to get out of the conversation.

@Sales_guy wrote:

Still having major dropped call issues.  Over 17 on Friday, and 5 in the last hour alone.  I'm terrified to call clients only to have the call drop mid-sentence.   I'm starting to worry that I made a mistake switching to Public Mobile...

As happy as I am with the service level to price ratio I am getting with PM, I think if I honestly cared about having a cellphone in the first place and not just carrying one because work is forcing me to, I probably would go with a more proven brand than PM if I needed it for my livelyhood/business. If you take a look through the forums you will see PM has always been a bit problematic.

It's kind of like trying to watch a stream hosted by someone who is stealing wifi from their down the street neighbour. Sure it works usually, but it isn't always going to be the best experience for the end user.

Three years with Koodo, not one drop call.  The few weeks I have been with PM, probably 100 (not joking)!  When advertising a cheaper price, PM should advertise subpar service.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Mods,

I've been experiencing dropped calls for about a week.  Last weeked it happened 2-3 times and it happened today, around 7pm.

Location is Ottawa.

Tags (1)

Hi;

I just got the PM weeks ago; and I find it very frustrating in the middle of a short call and important one I got 3 to 7 dropped calls.

it is embarrassing that with today great and advance technology PM company cannot resolve the problem.

PM need to find a solution to it before clients switch to a different provider     

Vancouver location

My calls have been dropping constantly for the last week, its extremely frustrating, we are on the $40 a month plan, what is going on

Having an issue where my iphone x keeps on restarting when on phone call. is anyone else having this issue?