cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] System issue expired select customers' services

Bryan_N
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Community,

Yesterday we identified a technical issue affecting select customers where plans were mistakenly renewed prior to the plan renewal date, resulting in loss of service for some customers.

Our technical team has investigated the issue and enabled service to resume for those affected. Customers impacted by this issue will receive an SMS if any additional action is required.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

- Public Mobile Community team

155 REPLIES 155

Matthewb123

my son's can't call or text. Has this issue been corrected?

Benns

Thanks I clicked that link several times but i wasnt a member of the community so nothing happened, just did it again as a member and got to send a message 

Thanks again and let's hope it works

@Benns wrote:

I don't know how to send a private message I pay for my 2 son's public mobile accounts both lost service the beginning of the week , payment came out like it should on my credit card - I double checked - still no service what do i do

Many messages above have written the link...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Benns

I don't know how to send a private message I pay for my 2 son's public mobile accounts both lost service the beginning of the week , payment came out like it should on my credit card - I double checked - still no service what do i do

Angelface

You fixed mine really quickly but I also got on it right away 

@geopublic wrote:

@Bryan_N wrote:

Hey Community,

Yesterday we identified a technical issue affecting select customers where plans were mistakenly renewed prior to the plan renewal date, resulting in loss of service for some customers.

Our technical team has investigated the issue and enabled service to resume for those affected. Customers impacted by this issue will receive an SMS if any additional action is required.

Thanks for the update.

@geopublic wrote:

@Bryan_N wrote:

Hey Community,

Thanks for the update.

Angelface

I do realize that public has made some issues....but they are pretty quick to fix. What do you expect with a 20 phone plan though?

What's wrong with people.  It's always something . 

@almerias400 wrote:

Please turn on my phone my number 437 xxx xxxx

@almerias400 

Please remove your phone number from your post (edit under the three ditd in the tip right corner of your messages)

You have to contact the moderator team via private message as outlined in the first post of this three.

almerias400
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please turn on my phone my number 437 345 8033

almerias400

My number is 437 345 8033, I paid my bill my phone is still suspension

Please turn it on asap

Marzipan

A brief suspension of service occurred on a friend's account. Overnight he changed to a new month. Last night his account was indicating suspended or whatever but when I checked this morning the account was active (and actually on his new plan).

Ryang

I didn't receive a SMS message but was affected.  Twitter CS reps told me to log in and I found some details about this issue.  I ended up just clicking to pay so I could have my service restored.

I hope CS rep will figure out what payment mixups this will cause, because I just really wanted my service back LOL.

@iqbalmashwani wrote:

Hello, I am on Auto renewal, but my account is deactivated. any reason?

There have been reported issues with AutoPay and the recent maintenance that was done on Apil 7. You need to contact the Moderator Team

The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

iqbalmashwani

Hello, I am on Auto renewal, but my account is deactivated. any reason?

avipublic

Yes, got some help within the hour! The moderator team fixed the problem by 'refreshing my plan'. It's now back to normal.

Thanks to the community and moderators!

@avipublic wrote:

Thanks for the tip Lieux! I already wrote to the moderator and I also made the payment manually on the website. I now have a positive balance for May and April's balance is at 0.00. Still no service. Should I pay again through 611?

PM must send a TEXT MESSAGE IN ADVANCE to all customers whenever technical issues are discovered, so that customers can arrange for alternative means to receive calls. Nowadays a mobile phone is the sole means of communication, as well as for emergency purposes.

Last time it happened we all received 400mins long distance as consolation. I wonder what it will be this time? Is this part of a larger plan so we gradually switch to Koodoo/Telus?

I am agree with you!!

Is this part of a larger plan so we gradually switch to Koodoo/Telus?

I don't think so...or why so much effort to open many kiosks in few months??

Hopefully you will have help soon...

avipublic

Thanks for the tip Lieux! I already wrote to the moderator and I also made the payment manually on the website. I now have a positive balance for May and April's balance is at 0.00. Still no service. Should I pay again through 611?

PM must send a TEXT MESSAGE IN ADVANCE to all customers whenever technical issues are discovered, so that customers can arrange for alternative means to receive calls. Nowadays a mobile phone is the sole means of communication, as well as for emergency purposes.

Last time it happened we all received 400mins long distance as consolation. I wonder what it will be this time? Is this part of a larger plan so we gradually switch to Koodoo/Telus?

@avipublic wrote:

This morning, I couldn't receive any calls for job-related purposes. What's happening?

Auto-pay didn't seem to work, I made a payment manually and have a positive balance and the service is still not working! System message says sorry I don't have 'options interurbains..' etc.

There is a problem with autopay last few days...Smiley Frustrated you can try to make a manual payment with 611 to reactivate your service..if it doesn't work..write a message to the moderator for help..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 be patient many customers have the same problem..

avipublic

This morning, I couldn't receive any calls for job-related purposes. What's happening?

Auto-pay didn't seem to work, I made a payment manually and have a positive balance and the service is still not working! System message says sorry I don't have 'options interurbains..' etc.

STOPROCKS2

I tried everything online through the website to no avail. Out of desperation I dialed 611, went through the pay by phone options, selected amount due, and paid it. Surprisingly it went through and I was back in business. Still choked and will be watching my next renewal like a hawk since I can’t afford to have my business phone out of commission for any length of time. Best of luck. Hope that helps. 

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jrgolf32 wrote:

I have been out of service for two days  and I am on auto pay and on my account it displays info that doesn't make sense when it says re-activate your account. Please help me ASAP.

Contact a moderator. Best bet

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

jrgolf32

I have been out of service for two days  and I am on auto pay and on my account it displays info that doesn't make sense when it says re-activate your account. Please help me ASAP.

ChanPatr

If you are still experiencing issues with your service, please read the following link to obtain support: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

phyl0101

Hello,

My account is still deactivated, am I supposed to receive an SMS?

D_T

I got usual notification of my auto pay rewards by text yesterday but today had no service. My Public Mobile account said insufficient funds, suspended.  Money is there. Just finished talking to my bank (credit card comes right out of my account). No payment was even attempted. Set up a different card to reactivate. Disappointed and concerned this occurred.

Marzipan

Have you tried a couple of solutions buried in the foregoing posts?

1. Make a manual payment on-line, 

2. Make a payment via *611 on your phone.

baltaz

my phone stopped working and i have auto pay set up

Cargo905

We have 3 accounts with public mobile and one of the autopay shows next payment will be on July 9 2019......?

looks like the problem is with the autopay,

carlocoppola

Thanks, for the advice. I’ve just sent them a message.

@carlocoppola wrote:

I am still experiencing no service. My account status says plan expired. I am set up with autopay with a valid credit card and even if I try to pay, it says I’m fine. Simon unfortunately was not able to help. Maybe someone here could shed some light. Please and thank you 

Did you write to the moderator? 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

carlocoppola

I am still experiencing no service. My account status says plan expired. I am set up with autopay with a valid credit card and even if I try to pay, it says I’m fine. Simon unfortunately was not able to help. Maybe someone here could shed some light. Please and thank you 

Need Help? Let's chat.