cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Select customers on Province-wide talk plans experiencing outbound call issues

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

19:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

Earlier today we identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls were unable to be placed. Inbound calling, texting and data services remained unaffected.

Our technical teams are implementing a solution which will restore outbound calling service to normal by early morning of March 20. No action is required on your behalf.

However, in the meantime, we have added a complimentary 400 minutes Long Distance Talk Add-On (includes calls to Canada & the U.S) for our affected customers, which you can use immediately and will allow you to make outbound calls. This Add-On will not expire as any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

We understand that your service and staying connected is important and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

13:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

We’ve identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls are unable to placed. Currently, this looks to be isolated only to Quebec.

If you’re currently experiencing this issue, please note that inbound calling, texting, and data services remain unaffected. Meanwhile, wi-fi calling services and inbound calling may meet your talk needs temporarily.

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

523 REPLIES 523

Bri48
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have 2phones with same area codes 1works the other one is long distance something is wrong 

ApatheticFloW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Unfortunately I think hundreds if not thousands of us are having this issue. I pmed a moderator just like computergeek541 suggested. You should do the same Bri48. With the influx of threads pertaining to this issue I hope this means it will get rectified asap. Guess we shall see. If not I'll be the first one to switch to another company.

Bri48

I have the same problem 

Paulettes

I can text and receive calls.

ApatheticFloW

Seems to be the case. I guess since many of us are going through the same thing I assume it wilm get fixed asap. I hope. Well, thank u very much for ur reply and I will pm a moderator also. Thx again computergeek541

ErikWolf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks , so sad I'm depending on it for my job...   Already in the **bleep** hope it's will fix really soon thanks for the fast awnser

mh1983

Can you give more details, please, like what plan you're on (check self serve) and how you're dialing numbers? (contact card, manual dial, etc. DO NOT post actual numbers, though). Did this work at one point and doesn't work now, or did it never work?

The more details, the better. That way, we're in a better spot to help you out.

@ErikWolf If you are in Quebec, there is a problem with their systems this morning and many people are not able to make calls. If it doesn't start working in a few hours you should message the moderators.

ErikWolf

Hello , 

I was wondering why my phone don't let me call anywhere saying it's a long distance when it is not I'm suppose to be illimite Quebec and can't even call my neighbor or even another public mobile client next to me cause it's say I have no long distance options but never needed those before.

This morning, there have been a bunch of reports about this.  If it is a network issue, there isn't anything anyone here can do for you.  I can't say for certain of you were caught up in this same issue that others were reporting, be if you are, you woild either have to wait for Publc Mobile to make corrections or contact them yourself by sending a private mesage to Moderator_Team. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Paulettes

With all these messages, I'm sure MODs are aware of the problem, Let them work on it.

Continue to check the announcements. It would be nice if they made announcements to keep their loyal customers informed and up-to-date of the situation.

At least customers are not completely in the dark. My understanding is incoming calls are working and 911 calls to emergency are always available.

If you have DATA, nows a good time to use a VOIP app.

If you don't have DATA, TEXT the other party, perhaps they can call you.

Sminkarios

I have the same problem , did u find an answer. please help me, I cannot make phone calls an I need to call urgently

Pizzaeh

@Paulettes wrote:

Hi guys! So here's my problem, today i tried to call (any numbers I'm used to call) and i can't because they say i don't have a plan which i can call these numbers. I have a province wide plan and i tried all numbers i use to call everyday and i can't call it still say i dont have a long distance plan with which i can call these numbers?! Please help me!

If you're in Quebec, message the mods.  There are quite a few people with a similar issue.

Paulettes

Hi guys! So here's my problem, today i tried to call (any numbers I'm used to call) and i can't because they say i don't have a plan which i can call these numbers. I have a province wide plan and i tried all numbers i use to call everyday and i can't call it still say i dont have a long distance plan with which i can call these numbers?! Please help me!

Corina81

Anyone hear anything

ApatheticFloW

I have a $25 plan which consists of unlimited local calls (Quebec) & unlimited international texting. 

As of this morning everytime I make a local call I get a message saying that I don't have a add-on plan for long distance. What long distance I'm calljng 514 & 438 numbers which are local and even my phone number starts with 438 (area code). Can anyone help I've already turned my phone off and on and looked at my settings. Everything was fine yesterday, the day we no longer have access to customer service, coincidence ? , perhaps. So what do I do now ?

Any help would be appreciated. Thx 

@fadi1965 wrote:

they still havent replied. also restarting the phone does not help.

With all these messages, I'm sure MODs are aware of the problem, Let them work on it.

Continue to check the announcements. It would be nice if they made announcements to keep their loyal customers informed and up-to-date of the situation.

At least customers are not completely in the dark. My understanding is incoming calls are working and 911 calls to emergency are always available.

Meanwhile, if you have DATA or WIFI, now is a good time to use a VOIP app.

@fadi1965 wrote:

PATIENCE they will not replied in minutes...usually the waiting time is few hours to 2 days...and now with the bug...Smiley Frustrated

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fadi1965 wrote:

Replies from the mods will take days. There's a lot happening for them right now. Good luck. It might sort itself out on its own.

fadi1965

@ernesta wrote:

same issue in southern ontario

Oh not only in québec...Are you a legacy customer?

ernesta

same issue in southern ontario

ISIYGRN1

@Dunkgirl wrote:

Which is why everyone who has this issue needs to send a message to the moderator_team asap, they almost never show up on command by using the moderator_team tag, private message them, everyone who has the issue after verifying the number is being dialed correctly with a +1.

NO ANSWER

ISIYGRN1

@z_pm wrote:

hello,

may be if you shut down your phone and waite for 1 or two minutes and see if this will help.

good luck

DIDNT HELP

@Corina81 wrote:

Im wondering how long it will take for ir to be fixed

?? Nobody knows...Smiley Frustrated

Corina81

Im wondering how long it will take for ir to be fixed

@fmongeau wrote:

Same issue here - another french side number. Started just this morning - was working fine yesterday. My account is active and all paid up-todate.

Yes a lot of people this morning with the same issue...patience and write a message here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

fmongeau

Same issue here - another french side number. Started just this morning - was working fine yesterday. My account is active and all paid up-todate.

I am also in Quebec. Outgoing calls and incoming are working. However my plan includes Canada-wide calling. Hope this kind of information will help the moderators.

Need Help? Let's chat.