cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Select customers on Province-wide talk plans experiencing outbound call issues

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

19:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

Earlier today we identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls were unable to be placed. Inbound calling, texting and data services remained unaffected.

Our technical teams are implementing a solution which will restore outbound calling service to normal by early morning of March 20. No action is required on your behalf.

However, in the meantime, we have added a complimentary 400 minutes Long Distance Talk Add-On (includes calls to Canada & the U.S) for our affected customers, which you can use immediately and will allow you to make outbound calls. This Add-On will not expire as any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

We understand that your service and staying connected is important and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

13:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

We’ve identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls are unable to placed. Currently, this looks to be isolated only to Quebec.

If you’re currently experiencing this issue, please note that inbound calling, texting, and data services remain unaffected. Meanwhile, wi-fi calling services and inbound calling may meet your talk needs temporarily.

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

523 REPLIES 523

Corina81
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I made a 1.00 payment didnt work 

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@Corina81 wrote:

I have province wide calling when i try to make a local call it says i need a long distance add on 

Making $1 payment to account or reporting lost/stiolen and the phone found might work.  The system is buggy sometime.

Yes it could help when it isn't epidemic like this morning... @cavemantoronto MANY have this issue this morning..

@cavemantoronto wrote:

No problems here

Same with me..not everybody have the problem..but all in Quebec..EDITED..some in ONTARIO now...

@Corina81 wrote:

I have province wide calling when i try to make a local call it says i need a long distance add on 

Making $1 payment to account or reporting lost/stiolen and the phone found might work.  The system is buggy sometime.

No problems here

z_pm

hello,

may be if you shut down your phone and waite for 1 or two minutes and see if this will help.

good luck

Anonymous
Not applicable

I vote Legacy transition bug. The call centre was shut down as of last night. Maybe it affected more of the internal calling system with I guess removing the option from 611.

This will put everything way back in delays. There's the last day of the $25 promo and the exceitement over the $25 and $15 plans and this.

Corina81

Yeah montreal its a pain i wrote them i hope its fixable your having the same issue

@ISIYGRN1  a écrit :

YES

Ok you are in the more beautiful province!!! But now with a problem with outgoing calls for some of you..Smiley Frustrated

fadi1965

yes

@Corina81  a écrit :

You are not alone...and you are in quebec probably?? Don't worry...and write a message to the moderator.

ISIYGRN1

YES

Corina81

I did hope they can help thank you

Dunkgirl

@Corina81 wrote:

I tried everything it wont work 

@Corina81 

Then there is nothing you can do besides send a private message to the public mobile moderator team and wait for them to look into it. Click this to message them.    

Guildm11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Lieux  a écrit :

@devouges @fadi1965 @ISIYGRN1 @Guildm11 @Superpat20 @karawahiba are you in Quebec? Êtes-vous au Québec?

Oui

Corina81

I tried everything it wont work 

Dunkgirl

@Corina81 wrote:

Does this happen to every number? What about a 1-800 number or trying to call yourself? Make sure you are dialing a “1” to the start of each number. If this doesn’t help make sure you still have minutes left / an active calling plan. If it still doesn’t work you may have a provisioning issue and need to be corrected by the moderator team. Send a private message to the public mobile moderator team. Click this to message them.    

It does appear many have this issue this morning but still try the above, and if it does not work there is nothing you can do besides contact the moderator_team and wait.

devouges

Yes, I am in Quebec, and we are still part of Canada  :).

Dunkgirl

Which is why everyone who has this issue needs to send a message to the moderator_team asap, they almost never show up on command by using the moderator_team tag, private message them, everyone who has the issue after verifying the number is being dialed correctly with a +1.

Corina81

@devouges @fadi1965 @ISIYGRN1 @Guildm11 @Superpat20 @karawahiba are you in Quebec? Êtes-vous au Québec?

devouges

I am using the same contact info for years.  I have also tried ot usin 1+ this morning to no avail.

@stonechucker  a écrit :

@devouges, this sounds like you're misdialing the number.  Ensure the number is 10 characters long, all numbers.  If it's a long distance call within the province you should include a 1 before the area code.

No @stonechucker there is a problem with over 10 persons this morning..same problem...

devouges

My phones can receive calls, but canot call anywhere.  Maybe the system thinks that we are in another province.

Dunkgirl

@Lieux wrote:

@Lieux  a écrit :

@fadi1965  a écrit :

same here, 3 mobile phones in the family, the 3 are active, cannot make calls this morning.

i can send and receive sms, we cannot make calls.

oops...that's epidemic...Smiley Frustrated

@stonechucker anything to do more? Many on the french side too have this same problem this morning...

@LieuxThey need to all who have this problem send a message to the moderator team if the first reply (my post above) does not help the customer

@devouges, this sounds like you're misdialing the number.  Ensure the number is 10 characters long, all numbers.  If it's a long distance call within the province you should include a 1 before the area code.

@Lieux  a écrit :

@fadi1965  a écrit :

same here, 3 mobile phones in the family, the 3 are active, cannot make calls this morning.

@stonechucker anything to do more? Many on the french side too have this same problem this morning...

@fadi1965  a écrit :

fadi1965

@ISIYGRN1  a écrit :

ALL MY FREINDS HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM

@devouges @ISIYGRN1  you are not alone....Yes it seems to have a bug... @CS_Agent ..here again...They will work on it for sure...Patience...Smiley Frustrated

Need Help? Let's chat.