Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Points Joining Confirmation Email - Jan 24

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We’ve been notified that some customers received an email confirming their switch to Public Points, our new Rewards program that is launching tomorrow.  If you have received this email, please disregard it. You will not be switched to Public Points automatically - joining Public Points is optional for all existing Public Mobile customers.

This email was triggered accidentally, due to back-end testing and preparation before the official launch date. Not to worry, you will have the opportunity to switch over, if you choose, when we launch Public Points. 

Note:You will also receive another email from us that will confirm that you have not been switched to Public Points, and that you should disregard the email sent in error. We apologize for the mix-up!  

Thank you,

- Public Mobile Team 

383 REPLIES 383

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, that is an important distinction, thanks halimacs! 🙂

Did you just activate  @vch250 ?

Then you're enrolled. 

EDIT: If NOT,  then the above. 

0PX9O4

@vch250 

You can ignore the email as it was sent in error. A correction was later sent out as well.

PM has declared no one will be signed up for the new points program unless they request it specifically.

vch250
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What should I do?

I received an email saying I had enrolled and have received 5 bonus points. I DID NOT enroll. 

How can I correct this? 

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I feel like Public Mobile should send out an email notifying people of the error in the previous email. Making it so people have to proactively check on the Public Mobile Community pages isn't the right move. The email they send out should explicitly confirm what reward program you are currently signed up with.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LizD : The default is do nothing. They won't tell you you're not on the new system. You just aren't.

LizD

I have not received another email confirming that I have not been switched over and the first email was an error

Zyl

@Dalefin wrote:

I recieved the notice about this program which said its optional for existing customers and now I see they have automatically switched me over, why cant I stay on old program!?

@Dalefin This email was sent out in error. Please disregard it. You have not been switched to the new Public Points system. The Community Manager @Jade_S from Public Mobile has already made an announcement in an update to the publication of the Public Points System. The emails were sent out during their testing in the back-end system. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-Introducing-Public-Points/td-p/7...

0PX9O4

@Dalefin 

The email was sent in error, you can ignore it. You will stay on the old program unless you specifically click the button in "My Rewards" asking to be put on the new program.

Dalefin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recieved the notice about this program which said its optional for existing customers and now I see they have automatically switched me over, why cant I stay on old program!?

1952SilverFox

Thank you!  Yes... they haven't switched me over.  I have just checked my account again and everything is there now.  When I first checked it the other day the rewards were not showing but now everything is as it should be.  Yay!!

EdN

I am interested as well, Red Flag Deals are not in favour of the points system over rewards.  

That thread degenerated from the Public Mobile 8 month 2gb bonus discussion to the new points system which decidedly is not in the customers' favour. 

Greg45
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks @BEER for the detailed description from the inside (and sharing the reality with us).

I have exactly the same rewards as you. 

Looking at the new rewards program and comparing each using a sample $35/mth plan

1) 5pts for switching (one time bonus and not included in the total)

2) 12 pts for this coming year (1pt for every month w/PM SO FAR, but let's compare Yr-toYr rewards)

3) 21pts  (5% of every dollar spent -- so if you plan was $35. it would 1.75/mth x 12 = 21pt for a year)

4) 10 pts for 12 months of staying with P.M. (Now called Anniversary points)

5) 12 pts (1pt / month for refer a friend)

Total points:  NEW Rewards = 55 points (does not include one time sign up bonus of 5 pts)

Total points:  OLD Rewards = 72 points

**NOTE: this typical ONE year comparison without sign up or legacy bonuses included

Even if you factor in the one time sign up bonus and credit points going back to when you first joined the gain would only be short term as you will continue to lose money (rewards) each month on the new plan vs. the old rewards system.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@EdN wrote:

I am an existing customer on the rewards program, if I change my plan will I lose my rewards and be forced onto the new points system?

@EdN     I don't believe you would be forced onto the new points rewards system by simply changing plans.  I haven't seen that mentioned in the announcement about this new points system.

The new rewards requires that you physically give consent by logging into your Rewards account (seems you need to login separately from the self serve account) and selecting the Public Points option.  As long as you don't opt into the new rewards, you should be fine changing plans if needed.

Although I wouldn't mind someone confirming that just in case...perhaps @J_PM ?   Thanks.

EdN

I am an existing customer on the rewards program, if I change my plan will I lose my rewards and be forced onto the new points system?

EdN

The new points system sucks compared to the old reward program 👎🏻

0PX9O4

@DarthZantar 

You're very welcome!

DarthZantar

Thank you for the information.

0PX9O4

@DarthZantar 

The email was sent in error, you can safely ignore it. PM has declared that no one will be switched over without them asking for it first.

DarthZantar

Hello,

I received notification about the news point rewards program and then received notification that I was switched.

I did not request this change or authorize it on my account.

However, I don’t see a way to get it corrected. Is there a way to do it via self serve or contact public mobile to resolve this?

Thanks

Email was sent in error. PM acknowledged it and apologized - after countless panic posts and even more answers...

The email was sent out in error as per Jade's post yesterday

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

0PX9O4

@SzegedLondon 

The email was sent in error, you can safely ignore it. No one will be put on the new points system without their asking for it first.

SzegedLondon

Hi everyone,

I noticed today that I received an email on January 24th from Public Mobile congratulating me for signing up to its new "Public Points rewards program."

To be clear, I never signed up for Public Mobile's Public Points program. I never even heard about it before seeing this email. When I access my account online, I do not see any of my autopay or loyalty discounts, and I am under the impression that all my discounts that I accrued from being with Public Mobile for nearly 5 years were suddenly removed.

As far as I can tell Public Mobile pushed this change onto me without my consent or awareness. Could Public Mobile please remove undo this Public Points subscription that was forced onto my account? I was very happy with my previous service and have no interest in changing to this Public Points program.

Your assistance would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

pomlady

Also should say the PM cell phone is basically our emergency phone as our main cell phone PM didn't have the exchange where we live and we have had the same phone number for 35 years, so hate to change it.  If they do eventually get that exchange we will definitely switch our main cell phone over to PM.  Hope things basically stay the same.

pomlady

I pay $21. for a $25. plan.  Wonder why it is different?  Still happy with it, been with PM for a number of years.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Zyl wrote:

So far, it's just the Autopay rewards is changed the most.  All of the other rewards are remaining the same.  And the new Autopay rewards is just adjusted to reward only the customers with the more expensive plans to achieve economies of scale really.  So if we are all forced to switch over which I agree we will be eventually, that's maybe why they combined both reward systems, the dollar system and the points system in one place, to prepare for that eventuality, the only group of people who will lose will be the customers of plans below $40.  Right now, the equivalent of the points rewarded on autopay is the equivalent of the dollar reward on autopay for plans of $40 and above. 

The loyalty rewards is the other major cut. Each year you get 10 points. period. = 10 dollars per year. Every year.

vs the existing system 1st year $0, 2nd year $12, 3rd year $24, 4th year $36, 5th year $48, and forever after $60 per year.

That's a BIIIIG difference.

Zyl

@Greg45 wrote:

Thanks... but no thanks.

I currently get $6 back on a $25. plan (a.k.a. a 24% discount) so why would I want to change to a 5% point grab?  I am curious what P.M. members who currently pay $0.00 right now think of this Public Points Program?  Can't imagine any of them are going to switch.

THIS LEADS ME TO THINK OF TWO THINGS:

1)  The point system is being introduce because they are losing money ( or not earning enough) on the current system OR people in the know are manipulating the system and this is stop the steal.

2)  Secondly, I fear that at some point we will all be forced to switch over (remember when FB said, "if you don't like our new timeline you can switch back).  While we are told that we can keep our current rewards program... we also know that P.M. has the right to change anything it wants whenever it chooses.  Price-wise there is nothing better than P.M. and while the online service can be slow, the people managing this forum are outstanding. Let's hope we don't lose any of them.

So far, it's just the Autopay rewards is changed the most.  All of the other rewards are remaining the same.  And the new Autopay rewards is just adjusted to reward only the customers with the more expensive plans to achieve economies of scale really.  So if we are all forced to switch over which I agree we will be eventually, that's maybe why they combined both reward systems, the dollar system and the points system in one place, to prepare for that eventuality, the only group of people who will lose will be the customers of plans below $40.  Right now, the equivalent of the points rewarded on autopay is the equivalent of the dollar reward on autopay for plans of $40 and above. 

timchoy711

Thanks for your help. I saw it now and I am still in the old system. Whew...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@timchoy711 : Click on the envelope upper right and then on the arrow next to Inbox and click Sent. Do you see the message you think you sent? Then back to Inbox and check for replies from them. Click on the subject line and see the message on the right. You might need to click on Expand to see it all.

Then you can reply in the box below.

Need Help? Let's chat.