Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Points Joining Confirmation Email - Jan 24

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We’ve been notified that some customers received an email confirming their switch to Public Points, our new Rewards program that is launching tomorrow.  If you have received this email, please disregard it. You will not be switched to Public Points automatically - joining Public Points is optional for all existing Public Mobile customers.

This email was triggered accidentally, due to back-end testing and preparation before the official launch date. Not to worry, you will have the opportunity to switch over, if you choose, when we launch Public Points. 

Note:You will also receive another email from us that will confirm that you have not been switched to Public Points, and that you should disregard the email sent in error. We apologize for the mix-up!  

Thank you,

- Public Mobile Team 

383 REPLIES 383

BrentKilboy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got the same email for my wifes account but when I logged in I don't see anything about a points system, so I'm hoping they just sent some bad emails out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow : I don't think that's fair. A few days ago we had that shamozzle of notices about suspended accounts. Now this. PM has some serious flaws in their IT team where they can't grasp the significance of testing things on a test site instead of the live system.

dmsimone

We're currently awaiting an update from @Dunkman 

From what it sounds like it may have been a slip up and no changes were made. Hopefully that is the case.

Stews

thank you, I definitely will send them an message.  

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@David wrote:

To say I'm fuming right now would be an understatement.

I have just received an email informing me I'm now on the points reward system although I *NEVER* asked for this!

I like my current rewards way too much to ask for such a thing.

So my question to a mod is this:  mods, is this an error?  If you sent it out by mistake, alright. But if not, then please explain yourselves because I'm not pleased at all right now.

Thank you.

EDIT:  Here is a screenshot of the email https://imgur.com/a/kyEKhOz 

As far as I know, the Public Mobile Points system is not launched yet.  Once it launches, it would only be installed for new customers who join Public Mobile and for all existing customers, it's a voluntary opt-in but the opt-in is totally optional and is not a requirement, i.e. we would still be on the current $ based reward system.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Introducing-Public-Points/td-p/775647  So it is very puzzling why all of sudden you would be enrolled.  Have you been selected to test out the program perhaps?  

By all means, definitely send a private message to "CS_Agent" to inquire further.  Hope everything works out.    

Zyl

@dmsimone wrote:

Well, like a couple other members I received an email stating the following:

Hi Dave,
Thank you so much for switching to our new Public Points™ rewards program on .
We set you up with a welcome bonus of 5 Public Points – it’s just our way of saying thanks.

To be clear I never consented to switch over and do not plan on switching over on any of my accounts.

What gives guys? @softech I see you might be helping out the others?

I have a few accounts and manage some family members accounts and it does not make any sense to switch for any of them...

As far as I know, the Public Mobile Points system is not launched yet.  Once it launches, it would only be installed for new customers who join Public Mobile and for all existing customers, it's a voluntary opt-in but the opt-in is totally optional and is not a requirement, i.e. we would still be on the current $ based reward system.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Introducing-Public-Points/td-p/775647  So it is very puzzling why all of sudden you would be enrolled.  Have you been selected to test out the program perhaps?  

By all means, definitely send a private message to "CS_Agent" to inquire further.   Hope everything works out.    

Stews

I too receive the "you have been switched" email.   I never consented to switch over and do not plan on switching over on any of my accounts.  The introductory email stated "If you decide not to join, your current Rewards will remain the same. You’ll continue to earn in the same ways, and save the same amount."  What is up with this????

Zyl

@chrisc42 wrote:

Two days ago I got an email introducing Public Points, which said it would be opt-in only for existing members. Just now, I got an email thanking me for choosing to switch to the Public Points program and giving me 5 points.

I haven't seen any info about this program yet and I definitely haven't opted in to it. I'm happy with my current rewards and I don't want to change them, at least not until I know what I'd be getting with Public Points. I've been on this plan about 7 years now.

Did anyone else get volunteered to join this program? Does anyone have more details about it?

Thanks

By all means, definitely send a private message to "CS_Agent" to inquire further.  Hope everything works out.    

Calm down  🙂

hTideGnow_0-1643039547719.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dmsimone : I got one email to one account that was the same subject line so I had to go look again. No, I only have the pre-announcement.

dmsimone

@Dunkman Thank you for the update

Good advise @Anonymous 

but I hope PM will reverse everything without much fight

philkelly
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i am pissed too as i got the same email!.  2 weeks ago i got an email saying my account was suspended due to a cc issue.  there was no cc issue.  what is going on with PM ?!

dmsimone

No problem, here's a screenshot. This was received this morning, I received a sperate email about the program yesterday as well, with the subject "Introducing Public Points™" It was literally just that, an ad about what it would be.

dmsimone_0-1643039020483.pngdmsimone_1-1643039036902.png

Masterandy80

I got this message too and am quite concerned!! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everybody: get screencaps of your overview and the expanded rewards list. Proof of current.

@canadianxt  sound like an error.  Just hang on and wait for PM to make announcement.  

Jade the forum manager is aware of the error.  An announcement should be made shortly.  

canadianxt

I also received the same email, "Congrats, you just earned 5 bonus Public Points," despite doing nothing.  It came shortly after a promotional email "Introducing Public Points" detailing the new points program. 

To be clear, I would rather stay with my existing rewards structure and do not intend to switch to the new points program.  I am quite sure that this is an error given how many times PM stated that the switch would be optional.  This is clearly quite a widespread issue, as well.

I noticed in the email that the date was not filled in for the line regarding anniversary points.  It just says, "You'll earn 10 points on  ."  I wonder if this is in part due to this email being sent in error.

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Same as me...

Sniffles

yes, got the same. I didnt request it but now have to go through a hassle of trying to contact them.

HI @Mcchen   Me neither, maybe they press the Panic Button just in time  🙂

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Likely an error by PM. They always screw sh$t up lol.

But can you post a screenshot of the email (remove personal details if there is any) some that have not received it are curious to see it.

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yes, received the email and like you I am very happy with my current rewards.  Shortly after receiving the email I received the 2nd one thanking me for "switching to our new Public Points rewards program".  I certainately hope this is a mistake and gets corrected...  Not happy that this has been done automatically.

dmsimone

Thank you guys

Mcchen

Not everyone. My other accounts didn’t get the email, only one account received the email.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dmsimone 

We are all PM customers, just like you. I would suggest that you reach out to PM's own agents to ask for an explantion. They can be reached by private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@dmsimone   I am just a customer like you , except I haven't been converted to the new reward system yet

I have tagged the Community manager and CS Agent and hope they see it and will look into it immediately

dmsimone

Well, like a couple other members I received an email stating the following:

Hi Dave,
Thank you so much for switching to our new Public Points™ rewards program on .
We set you up with a welcome bonus of 5 Public Points – it’s just our way of saying thanks.

To be clear I never consented to switch over and do not plan on switching over on any of my accounts.

What gives guys? @softech I see you might be helping out the others?

I have a few accounts and manage some family members accounts and it does not make any sense to switch for any of them...

EDIT - The email was sent by mistake. Please see this post for additional details:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Public-Points-Joining-Confirmation-Emai...

Need Help? Let's chat.