Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROMO: $35 2GB Plan Limited Time Offer

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting May 12th, 2020 our current promotion of 500MB of bonus data on the $35 plan will be available in Self-Serve, meaning it is available for existing customers. This will be available for a limited time. 

What does this mean for you? 

For a limited time, existing customers can change their rate plan to the following:

• $35 per 30 days
  • 1GB + 500MB BONUS data at 3G speeds (per 30 days)
  • 500MB BONUS data when you sign up for auto-pay (per 30 days)
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text

Important things to know: 

• Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed
  • Previous promotions that have been applied to the account that have been indicated as ‘non-stackable’ will be removed when you switch to this plan. To see if a promotion you currently have applied to your account is ‘non-stackable’ please check the terms of that specific promotion. 
  • If you are already on the $35 plan and would like to receive the bonus data, you will have to switch your plan in Self-Serve

How to get this offer: 

1.Log in on Self Serve

2.Go to “Plan and Add-ons”

3.Select “Change Plan”

4.Select the ready-made plan “$35 for 1.5GB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Team

313 REPLIES 313

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@TMS 

They were offering 12.5gigs for 60 last fall. I believe it will go in that direction, if not for this crazy 2020 we might have been close to there. 

There is gonna be lots of change once when dotmobile and TextNow make it in. Fongo is already offering data/wifi sims. Those are very different services and offer something little bit different but they will definitely out some pressure on everybody and not only on data but also calling as TextNow is offering absolutely free calling with their sims and dotmobile is promising the same to founding members.

Yes they can't replace a cell phone but they will definitely be able to replace the spare phone, the car phone or pickup/dropoff phone. If they are stable enough they may even put the dent in the kid phone market and with double sim phones not common it may eat into add-on market as well. For that reason prices will have to adjust

I understand the online only assistance and the limitation of “3G like speeds”. And maybe even the limitation to 8.5Gb maximum Data plans. The parent Company wants us to move up if any of these conditions are unacceptable to us. Yes... marketing. Now maybe the limitation of selection of plans fits in there too but in my mind that isn’t quite the same. Adding logical Steps from $25, $30, $35, $40, $45 & $50 with these plans all being the same other than the amount of data and combining this with the existing ability to easily switch plans monthly if desired seems like a great marketing plan to me. Since PM does NOT offer the heavily throttled unlimited data, a good selection of plan sizes seems like the best way to offer plans here.

AE_Collector

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AE_Collector 

For every person who would dump the $40 plan to go for a 2-3 Gb $30-$35 plan, there is one who would move up from the $25 plan.

Very good point. 👍

What we need is for PM to lead the way rather than follow other carriers’ plans. 

For every person who would dump the $40 plan to go for a 2-3 Gb $30-$35 plan, there is one who would move up from the $25 plan. It just gives better choice of plans. Sure there are people who will pay more to be on a higher data plan so that they are certain to not run out of data but around here (3rd tier) there have to be as many or more of us who aren’t willing to pay ridiculous amounts for our Cell plans. I see it as a challenge to limit my cell data usage to keep within the limits of a lower $ plan. I might be willing to pay just a little more if there were a slightly more expensive plan with a reasonable amount more data.  I just don't buy it that People all step up from $25 to $40 because 1 Gb isn’t quite enough data.

AE_Collector

@Colinh90 wrote:

@AE_Collector 

$25 / 1Gb

$30 / 2Gb

$35 / 3Gb

$40 / 5Gb

$45 / 7Gb

$50 / 9Gb

i wish... Lucky mobile was similar to this at one point, it was 5.5 gigs for $40, 6.5 for $45, an 8.5 for $50, but sadly they got rid of the 6.5 for $45,  that would've been within my data comfort zone... 

@Colinh90 

That is exactly the same as PMs $45 plan used to be. So whe none got rid of it they both dumped it.

AE_Collector

TMS

TMS

@kselmak 

Hopefully they make it $30 with 2.5GB, but I don’t think they will. Unless $40 plan gets bumped to 6GB or more and $50 gets bumped to 9GB or more. 😞

Having a $30 2GB makes sense though, but I believe are hesitant because many $40 5GB plan users will drop down to the $30 2GB plan. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@TMS of course you can. that's why I switched from virgin to pm 

- just comparing the price/GB ratio of what the 2nd tier has to offer which is usually the same between the 3(fido,Koodo)

-free phone plan. my first free+ plan was July renewal and upcoming should be free+ as well

TMS

@gpixel 

You can’t compare a 2nd tier company to a 3rd tier. You should only compare same tiers. Eg. Public Mobile to Lucky Mobile. Or Koodo to Virgin. 👍

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@TMS 

I managed couple of accounts on 25 plan, I've noticed that most of the time they tend to use about 1.2 gigs when working and just going around (not watching videos, maybe odd video off of a news website) that was before quarantine. It would be either in mid 900s or low 1200 megs. At the time add-on was 30 which was still not economical to upgrade and now even less. I believe it will be 30 permanently (eventually) with 2g (maybe even 2.5 with autopay) then it would be more competitive offer

It's really about tracking your usage

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@TMS when I was on the 5gb plan I never used it all up either.. my usage is around 3.5-4gb. but compare these plans vs the higher tier providers, it's a good deal. virgin is only offering $50/4gb(2+2) and after 2 years you lose the extra 2gb. 

I don't consider full LTE speed an advantage or even worth it. the only complaint i would have would be downloading of apps, mp3s etc. but I've always made it a habit to only download over wifi

TMS

@gpixel 

Free phone! When did this start?

Colinh90
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I switched to public  mobile because of the two dollar deduction for auto pay, and then a dollar off your monthly bill every year for up to five years, so that means in 5 years from now my 8gig plan will be $43 plus tax... Hopefully public doesn't get rid of this.. Shaw mobile recently came out and if you are a shaw cable Subscriber you can get a $45 plan that comes with 25GB of data,

the new shaw Mobile runs off the Rogers network, but Shaw screwed me over 2 momths ago so I will not be getting this deal cuz im now with telus... 

TMS

@gpixel 

I disagree. 🙂

I don’t need 5GB, but I need more than 1GB. 

most people either use very little or a lot. there really isnt, any in-between. 

@TMS yeah, that looks to be what they are trying to accomplish.. which makes sense from a business point of view. the thing is if you're willing to hustle, pm offers something no other provider can which is a free phone bill. 

TMS

@jor123 

I still believe PM could revamp their plans/pricing structure, to be even more competitive, but they keep following other third tier companies’ pricing instead.  

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

An effort to keep ARPU up even in the third tier of service I guess.

TMS

@Colinh90 

Yeah. It seems like Public Mobile’s wants everyone in the $40 5GB plan. Very strange. 😞

Colinh90
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@AE_Collector 

$25 / 1Gb

$30 / 2Gb

$35 / 3Gb

$40 / 5Gb

$45 / 7Gb

$50 / 9Gb

i wish... Lucky mobile was similar to this at one point, it was 5.5 gigs for $40, 6.5 for $45, an 8.5 for $50, but sadly they got rid of the 6.5 for $45,  that would've been within my data comfort zone... 

TMS

@AE_Collector 

They believe many ppl will just sign up for the $40 plan. (They want the most money from you each month). 

Who would take the $35 plan? - it doesn’t make sense for the $5 savings. And if you are on the $25 with 1 GB, and that isn’t enough data, then you only have that one option - the $40  5 GB plan. 

This is why I stick with the $10 plan (referral, loyalty and autopay obviously reduces monthly costs) and use Fido data with voip.

edit:

When $25 plan goes to 2 GB or Data add ons drop down in price further, then I’ll consider leaving voip and go ALL IN with PM. 🙂

@AE_Collector  sales tactics. Why pay $35 for 2gigs (excluding Quebec) when for $5 more you can get 5 gigs.

It has been said many many times Before but logically with a $25/1Gb plan, a $40/5Gb plan and a $50/8.5 Gb plan the lineup would be:

$25 / 1Gb

$30 / 2Gb

$35 / 3Gb

$40 / 5Gb

$45 / 7Gb

$50 / 9Gb

All this does that is a “negative“ to PM  is add .5Gb to the Existing $50 plan.

AND, it fills in a bunch of holes in the lineup. Maybe the data offerings should go up even higher than this but I think that restriction is coming from higher up along with The 3G like speeds and online support only model for PM.

I cant think of a negative in having a complete lineup like this. Can anyone think of a down side from PMs perspective? Just makes good sense to me. They used to have more plans than they do now. I remember a $45 6.5Gb plan

AE_Collector

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gpixel What I never noticed lucky is offering it. PM is behind ! We need to catch up with lucky on promos.

@mpcontact 

if you're deciding on changing plans I suggest adding funds to your account first. I can almost guarantee if you don't, something is going to go wrong. and you'll have to contact moderators.

wether you decide to change plans now or at your next renewal date. make sure you have $35 in "available funds" 

I have a feeling pm will change that plan to $30 really soon since lucky is already offering it. 

Misah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@mpcontactBecause you are gonna lose  your current plan if you choose to change your plan immediately (I mean now). Choose to change your plan at next renewal date.

@mpcontact  there are two options to change plan.

1- Change now - it will say top up now if you don't have a balance to cover it. - this is on the left side. Choosing this option you would be charged right away, new plan would start and no refund on your current plan.

2- the option you likely want to select

On right say. "Change at next renewal"..this means your new plan would be charged at your next renewal date and you would be charged then.

Screenshot_20200130_023658.jpg

@Misah  yes I am aware the person is on a very old plan. Sorry I didn't specify it right in my wording. It was more of a "wow you're still on this plan when you can get all this"...type of comment.

Misah

@mpcontact If you are using autopay, forget that message.

The system will take just enough money on your credit card to complete your plan.

mpcontact

Why I get this message ???

my current plan is higher then $35 -  when I try to downgrade to $35  why asking for more funds ?

I get this msg:  This cost of this plan is higher than your current available funds.
You will need to make a payment to your account to complete the plan change.

@mpcontact wrote:

Hi, 

I have been paying this for so long, is there something you can do ? 

I do not want to lose :400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)

when I try to change to $35 - I get this msg:  This cost of this plan is higher than your current available funds.
You will need to make a payment to your account to complete the plan change.

@mpcontact 

You can either change plans immediately or at next renewal.  If you change plans immediately, you will need to load funds to cover the cost of the new plan.  You will lose whatever is remaining in the present plan.  PM does not prorate plans.  

I would suggest change plans at next renewal.

Misah

@Jb456, @mpcontact probably has that plan since very longtime

Need Help? Let's chat.