cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Number transfer in Self-Serve impacted by ongoing maintenance

@Linda01 wrote:

My number didn’t transfer from my Koodo account to my new Public account during activation. 

How do I get my old number to be applied to the new account?

@Linda01   You'll need to submit a ticket to moderators via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type in "Port Request" and follow the prompts to finish.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Linda01 wrote:

My number didn’t transfer from my Koodo account to my new Public account during activation. 

How do I get my old number to be applied to the new account?

To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello.

i activated new connection and wanted to port my number  from Chatr Mobile  It’s been 12 hours and I am not receiving any call with PM SIM card. 

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dkar1234your port is probably stuck. Contact the moderators and ask them for help with the stuck port. 2 ways to do it. To contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Highlighted

How long will it take for a moderator to help Port my number? The ticket said within 48hrs.  Will it take that long?  

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MamaLu wrote:

How long will it take for a moderator to help Port my number? The ticket said within 48hrs.  Will it take that long?  

probably not but it depends on how many tickets the moderators have to answer

The amount of time for the actual port can also depend on the carrier that you are switching the number from and the type of services that it is attached to (ie. landline vs. cellular).

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@MamaLu 

Generally its a few hours to get a response.....

If simple Simon gives you the run around send a private message to the moderators adding "incomplete port" in the subject line and add to your message the following information:

1. Full name and address on pm account.
  2. Email address on account and pin #.
  3. Phone number being ported, from which provider? The account # of porting number,
  4. Be prepared to also supply one or more identifiers : dob, alternate ph # if any, payment type, amount, date paid and last 4 digits on card, security question and answer.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. Click on the link above to send a private message. Good luck and welcome to public mobile.

@MamaLu  If you have a temporary number include your temporary phone # as well and change the subject line to "port number."

Highlighted

Once I made contact with the moderator and followed the instructions to contact my previous provider and get my number released the process was done within an hour. 

Highlighted
Oracle

TESTING: pls ignore I'm just trying to see if a post in an Announcement appears in the Latest Posts list.

EDIT: It does. 😿

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.