cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: New Public Mobile Pricing

Love seeing the excitment and positivity back in the forums.  

Thanks for listening PM!

Thanks @Jeremy_M

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Brand new Public Mobile customer here (as I'm sure you can tell). Was happy to sign up for the previous promo @ $240/90 for 6GB data, the fact that the plan I wanted has dropped down to just 195/90 now is fantastic. Already am incredibly happy with the service.

Have setup the auto plan change already Smiley Happy. So exciting!

mimmo_L wrote:

if you future date a plan change that will be the plan you get even if the promo is over.

Thanks for mentioning this. I was wondering this as well. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Regarding long-distance calling and prices, I have found it is cheaper overall to use a calling card.  It is a good deal to get unlimited whatever for five bucks a month through a carrier's plan, but only if you use it.  In my household's case, it would not be a good deal.  I bought a refillable card four years ago, have paid $ 53.00 US total (initial purchase plus top-ups, to prevent loss of previous balance), and still have about $ 43.00 credit available.  That's about $ 14.00 CDN per year, compared to $ 60.00 at five dollars a month for unlimited.  When we were with Rogers, we paid a fee to have REDUCED rates every month, so we still had to pay.

I've found the same thing with data.  While they might be good deals, my usage history shows I use less than 1 Gb every 90 days, so I have stayed with my 90/90 plan until I can get either the same for less, or more for the same price.  Luckily, I found out today about this new pricing, so I switched us over, and now we get 1.5 Gb instead of 1, and global instead of Canada-wide texting.  Doesn't matter about dropping to 3G from 4G, as we usually use WiFi for surfing.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

it's nice to hear the good news.

When will you make it Canada wide automatically vs province-wide such as Freedom Mobile?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes.  Thank you PM.

While $45 isn't as good as the $38 4GB plan, it's definitely a step in the right direction.  Time to dig up my referral list again.  I'll be sending PM a bunch of customers in the very near future.

Any idea how long this pricing will last?

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My friend and I are looking to switch. We noticed the promo on the Ontario site, but not on the Alberta site where we are from. Are we still able to get the promo here?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

cstaines wrote:

My friend and I are looking to switch. We noticed the promo on the Ontario site, but not on the Alberta site where we are from. Are we still able to get the promo here?

Thanks!

Yep, you can get the promo. I'm in BC and just got it.

It's been confirmed that it's available across all Canada and if the website hasn't been updated yet (and it should be), you will definitely see the promo when you create and log into your account.

I didn't see it on the BC site yesterday, but I can see it today. 

Thanks for listening to us and bringing back some of the more affordable options. Keep the discounts and plan options coming. I am disappointed that Public Mobile did not bring back the 1GB option for the 90-day plans and the national (vs global) text plans for either 30-day or 90-day plans.