Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Community Account Created After EverSafe ID

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We know that some of you have experienced an issue resulting in a new Community account generated after you completed your EverSafe ID registration. The team has captured and is investigating the issue further.  

Thank you,

The Public Mobile Team 

141 REPLIES 141

John-Q-Public
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @esjliv and @dabr 

Thought I'd pop in and drop you a note to say that my problem has been resolved, that is to say that my original Community ID, John-Q-Public, has been restored. Unfortunately, my previous messages as John-Q-Public1, as well as your responses, seem to have been deleted along with that temporary ID. Too bad, as I think others could have benefited. 

In any case, to summarize, I did as suggested and sent a message/ticket to CS_Agent* on Saturday (two days ago). They responded quickly, and after a few typical (for PM) twists and turns, e.g. multiple switching of agents, closing (without resolution) and re-opening of the ticket, etc., the problem was resolved at some time today.

I was NOT contacted to state that the ticket had been resolved; I just checked in, as I have been doing on a regular basis since Saturday, and while at first not seeing any of the messages I'd exchanged with the CS_Agents, realized I was back in my 'old' ID. The temp one, and all messages within it, had been deleted.

Anyway, thanks again to you both for your helpful responses, and to PM CS for quickly resolving the issue.

* To anyone having this issue (Community ID lost after the EverSafe (HA!) switch), send a message straight to CS_Agent using the following link, and they should be able to resolve 'quickly' (i.e. within 48-72 hours): https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Paul aka John Q. Public (see what I did, there!)

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM wrote:

If you have experienced this issue, please Bravo this comment and we'll capture your new community information. Thank you.

@J_PM - can this post please be updated so members don't just bravo the post any longer for action, but rather they submit a ticket to get their id's back? Members have posted they bravoed, but nothing happened after weeks gone by.

@Griffyn1 wrote:

Hello??  Anyone out there??

First time having to communicate using this new system.  I’ve sent 3 messages…one to community in general and two private to moderators when I got no reply after a day and a half. I received confirmation that they were sent but they don’t appear in my message box nor, as I’ve said, has anyone replied.  The first message was sent on Tuesday.

@Griffyn1  - nothing is showing in your SENT folder here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/outbox  ?

Strange if you don't see any messages. Did you send via your own Inbox or go through Chatbot?

Send another one, or poke one that has already been sent if you have one.

Griffyn1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello??  Anyone out there??

First time having to communicate using this new system.  I’ve sent 3 messages…one to community in general and two private to moderators when I got no reply after a day and a half. I received confirmation that they were sent but they don’t appear in my message box nor, as I’ve said, has anyone replied.  The first message was sent on Tuesday.

WestVan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just registered my community account today using the Public Mobile App downloaded from Google Play.  Everything seems fine.

@Anonymous   Yes, it can be done, but you need to engage support by messging them here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just went through the Eversafe set-up  - my old Community account was dcliveca

Appreciate if this new one dcliveca-1 can be merged with the old, and thanks!

@kav2001c on PC or phone, for  "Trusted" to work, make sure your browser you are using does not have "clear cache when exit" enabled

If you are using PM app, check the option on your default browser (the app uses the cache of your default browser to remember the "Trusted").  But it is a know issue that "Trusted" does not work on iPhone app)

Weirdly enough eversafe is an all or nothing scenario

I made a topic complaining I had no access to account

Someone suggested logging in on PC (not app or phone) and as soon as I click trust then all 2FA is gone now

Eversafe is either buggy as ____ or something else is weird in their backend

Annoying

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

On My Telus I can turn it off. Why not at PM? BTW I have never turned it on though!

@Anonymous    It's not too late but you do need to contact support so that they can re-link your previous community name to your My Account.  Use the link provided in softech's post to submit a ticket/message to CSA's.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I am late to the party. I did not connect my old community account to my Public Mobile account and lost my messages and other stuff from the old Community account. Funny, I don't even see the past notifications on my email. They seem to be deleted automatically 😄

@aaaaaaaaaaa yes, PM can give you back your old name, you will just need to message support now and you likely get it back later this afternoon

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

So, aaaaaaaaaaa , what was your old name? 

aaaaaaaaaaa

Would really appreciate it if you could give back my old username 21purplemiles. Thank you

Proxima
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

ill be switching back to Virgin when Black Friday deals. i don’t trust this eversafe thing. and the app and website experience is horrible 

@kav2001c EvwrSafe works and many have it setup

with your issue, please message PM support and they can get that resolved quickly.  

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

This eversafe thing seems not to work at all and locks us out of our accounts

The chicken + egg joke is they say I need to login to create eversafe but I can not login because I dont have eversafe

Its like ok now what?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My first time reaching out for help in many years.

The response time are super quick from customer service!  See you guys from the old account later. 

Thanks again @softech 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @softech 

HI @Anonymous @imm1304 , as an honourable Retired Oracle , you surely should have the same id back 🙂

from what I know , support can work on these requests quickly now, just need to message them and you could see your old id back tonight (hopefully).  Message them directly:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @J_PM !

I would love to revive the old community profile for sentimental reasons:  @imm1304 

Old profile as well the new Eversafe ID are linked to the same email address.  Hope you can help. Thanks. 

sullyman

hi @Summertime23 

did you make your account before the overhaul update? when you login with your email and password it should prompt you to make a new password but your email stays the same - accessing the account works the same too

Summertime23

I just joined public Mobility cannot log in , not receiving all my calls. Cannot access my account or mailbox which apparently is full.  I cannot get help and feel like I have made a very big mistake joining public Mobile if I cannot us it or get assistance starting up 

farmbot1

The new farmbot rising up !

Maybe i stay or maybe I go if not autofixed 

Sad state  of affairs when u are log in  account u must relog in community??

I thought community

joined with same password id as account?? Why re enter??

This system is really messed up.

HI @farmbot1   You are re-living your Community life again!!

message agent again and they should be able to take care of it quick.  Except today is Sunday, maybe message them tomorrow morning and you should be back to your old life tomorrow afternoon

farmbot1

On the Bright side

New moniker farmbot1 received new badge for 5 bravos.

More please, tap the thumbs up and soon be back to my old rank and file.

😆 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous- Yes it has been very frustrating for some users. Myself included on two of my three accounts. Some have reported getting it fixed easily enough. I'm still waiting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No way to login, connect or anything. Brining badges and all rewards to nil balance. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is really disappointing that had to create a new nickname. No autoconnect of existing comunity accounts or option to connect an existing community account. Due to the rewards program should of been connected as well as customer service direct messages. Brings doubts that community involvement and rewards will be calculated correctly. Community is our customer service very disappoint on the rollout

@Anonymous  It is a quick process to restore your old Community id now, please open ticket by private message CS 

Need Help? Let's chat.