Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Community Account Created After EverSafe ID

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We know that some of you have experienced an issue resulting in a new Community account generated after you completed your EverSafe ID registration. The team has captured and is investigating the issue further.  

Thank you,

The Public Mobile Team 

141 REPLIES 141

Anonymous
Not applicable

mine as well has disappeared had to create a new nickname i would like it back thanks for the help

@G_Pomzz so, your new 8d now can access My Account?  

if you like, message support and ask them to change it back to your old Community id

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

G_Pomzz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had to create a new ID. I couldn't log in with my old ID and password. 

Demenace
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@softech wrote:

@Demenace you need your new id back, right they are actually fixing the issue for each case and some already got fixed.  If your still outstanding, please message PM support again:

Private message CS agent at 
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Thanks.  I just did PM CS_Agent.

@Demenace you need your new id back, right they are actually fixing the issue for each case and some already got fixed.  If your still outstanding, please message PM support again:

Demenace

It has been days (if not a week), still no solution?   I assume it is focked up.

HI @Slashem   just a reminder , you still need to open a ticket with PM support for them to fix your Community id issue

Slashem

This happened to me this evening.  My old username was Slashum and I had to create a new one called Slashem because it said my old name was being used already.

I'm trying to get a billing problem fixed and cannot get my old ticket complaining about not getting my 1 dollar off my bill for my 1 year anniversary.  They told me to wait a month, and it's been many more than that, and I'm still being charged the full amount.  I also purchase a 10 or 15 dollar off my bill with points, and that was never applied, yet my points got used up.

I've posted this issue on Community, and not sure if you can help.  A customer service guy pointed me to your post because of my problem with my old username not working and having to get a new one, after signing up to that thing.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As with many things in life there are differing levels of quality with CS Agents.  I manage a couple of accounts and 1 got fixed up PDQ with no real issue.  The 2nd acct required so much account validation that I've been asked so many validation questions before.  I varied from phone num, PIN which are usual to date of last top up, amount of last top up, account number, credit card for autopay.  There must have been a list of 10 validation questions.  On top of that the CS Agent deleted my newly created account and didn't link the old one.  I had to send in another request asking for another CS Agent to link the old account to the email and it was fixed.  At the end of the day it seems like a pretty quick fix now that they know how to do it.

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I was one of the ones who bravoed the post on the first day, I waited patiently for a week then today gave support a try as I saw others had had success. I was asked to confirm which address I wanted to use so it's possible the process is not automatic as they may not want to make assumptions. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PBForMe1   Yeah, that's what I thought too.  Maybe the agent meant that they need to physically apply the change and also need to verify the previous username (he wanted confirmation of that) to make sure the correct accounts are re-linked.

PBForMe1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Anonymous wrote:

edit:  Update for others affected.   Have had a response already from support (thanks to Luis) and been notified that customers do need to contact CSA's to have their previous accounts restored.

What the heck, that's literally the opposite of what was posted here. 😆

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's unfortunate that customers need to contact support again if the problem has been identified as I would have assumed that everyone who has bravoed @J_PM's post would automatically have had their previous accounts/usernames restored in some orderly but quick procession.

I've now sent another message to CSA which I had been trying to avoid since I'm aware that they're probably being inundated with tickets/messages to fix a host of other glitches besides the loss of community usernames/accounts.

edit:  Update for others affected.   Have had a response already from support (thanks to Luis) and been notified that customers do need to contact CSA's to have their previous accounts restored.

@alex_md  there are still members trying to get back to their old id, what is the progress with it?

We saw people who line up since day 1 still using their new one and waiting to claim their old id back.  On the other hand, there are others who had trouble this morning, messaged agent and got the id back in just couple hours

Can you share how much backlog are there? those who are lining up still, how long they expect to get their "identity" back?

alex_md
Customer Support Agent

Hello golfball

It's Alex, I've replied to your private message and helped with the Community account issue, but because the issue is fixed I can't reply to that new username anymore.

If you are happy with my assistance you can send a new message, from the current Community account, but it's not mandatory. Please, do not reply to this message though

Thank you, Alex

golfball

It's me (gb23), I reached out to support less than 2 hours ago and already have my original account back, thanks for the quick turnaround!

HI @Anonymous   PM agent has been busy as there are large number of tickets.  Please message them again tomorrow morning and ask for update

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did submit a ticket already today but no response yet.

hi @Miles1 PM agent can fix it easily if you submit a ticket.   

Miles1

What is this new eversafe - its broken and I can't  access my account - who can i can I call to cancel my service?

Kristowhy

Thanks @hTideGnow . I was lucky to have my original account still working via a separate cached session, but I waited a few days watching the forum before proceeding with my Eversafe setup.  I specifically used a clean browser profile for this and have it set as a trusted device (yes, that still works over many days).  🤞for my upcoming plan renewal and no snags! 🙂

Hopefully @J_PM and his team have fixed the process flows that resulted in so many of us with new community profiles during the Eversafe setup.  I can only imagine the backend craziness with legacy platforms and the new auth tools.  Let's hope the next upgrade goes smoother. 😉

Perhaps the Telus exec's will surprise us with some summer treats to make up for all of this pain...  🤔

Welcome back @Kristowhy !!!

Kristowhy

@Anonymous wrote:

Same...still waiting but I just sent a private message to support with particulars.  I can still access both since my original account was cached in a separate browser. 🤞 

Shout out to CS Danny for restoring my original community profile (including all original messages etc) to my new Eversafe account. Thanks!

Another successful fix @J_PM 

gb23

I do wish we had more information on expected timeline or order since things seem a bit random. Though I'm sure there are many things that need fixing and attending to after pushing such a massive update across accounts, services and websites all at once. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same...still waiting but I just sent a private message to support with particulars.  I can still access both since my original account was cached in a separate browser. 🤞 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This was my old comment. Account was not restored.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.. unless I am missing something. Mine wasn't restored, and old username was still locked. 🙂 just had to recreate my username for a second time and I couldn't respond to messages from support either because my community account was wiped again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still waiting here. 1 week and waiting..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Support just tells you the same thing every single time. They cannot help you, I've been waiting a week now and just keep getting told the same thing over and over. I want something to finally happen, why the waiting forever?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How has this not been solved yet? 

For over a week I've been waiting for my main community account back + other bugs and glitches within the website and app to be worked on. 

In a week since the change, I see almost no improvement and customer support keeps telling me to wait.. this is taking so long, is anyone else tired of the waiting game like me?

Things were fine before, Public is just making customers angry by causing these problems and not offering a solution or help/support.

When are things finally going to start being worked on?

Need Help? Let's chat.