cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW OFFER: 2nd Month Free! BLACK FRIDAY SALE! Activate by December 2 and get a bonus 5 GB of data.

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

This offer is now expired.

November 25th until December 2nd 11:59PM ET: We’re introducing two new Black Friday Deals: 

• Get your 2nd month free when you activate on any plan online or in-store
    • This will be credited to your account within 10 business days
  • Get a free SIM card when you activate on any plan in-store

These offers are stackable with the 5GB data add-on, so long as you activate on an eligible plan ($35+/month).

Hey Community,

From November 25 to December 2, customers that activate online or in-store will receive a one-time bonus 5GB of data. Simply activate before December 2, 2019 11:59PM ET, on a $35+/mo plan to claim this offer. This will be applied as an Add-On. This offer is available to new customers only and not stackable with any other promos (except for Refer-a-friend bonus).

How to Get this Offer:

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on a $35/mo or higher plan by December 2, 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the one-time 5 GB data Add-On within 2 business days of activation.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

310 REPLIES 310

@Janey0111  What date and what plan did you activate your mom on?

@Janey0111  There is a good reason you get referred to the community first...rather than dealing directly with the moderators. The community can help with clarifying an issue before you speak to The moderators. If you get an inexperienced mod and you  can have a disappointing experience if they are not well informed. 

Always gather as much information as possible before approaching the moderators with an issue. Remember it's called your self serve account. So your responsible for the day to day running of it so get  to know how it functions, what the features are, be responsible for record keeping, take screenshots every month so when there's a discrepancies you have back up to refer to. For the most part you will get great service but its best to be prepared for any eventuality.

Janey0111
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you. I have found over the time that I've been with public mobile that the wording is not clear on the promotions. I activated a second phone for my mother and the information I'm getting is certainly different than when I signed up

@cellphoneuser1 @mpcdesign The moderators sometimes ask you to double verify your account. I never use simple simon so I send all of the possible verification identifiers with my initial request (basically all of the personal info on my account) so as to skip any unnecessary  back and forth. I can sometimes  be sent to the verify page (via community or self serve account). They will then look into my case....but if they are busy and don't get back to me right away another moderator may respond and request another verification and ask what the issue is needing assistance.

This can be frustrating because all the information to complete the request is in the initial message. Everything afterwards wastes both the moderators and my time. This tends to happen with the newer members to the moderator team. Keep that in mind when youre dealing with them and are unfamiliar with their name. It will give you a clue that they may not grant your request, supply the wrong info or policy or not know how to complete the request. If you think they are wrong simply open a new service ticket and deal with a new moderator (hopefully a senior member of the team.) It's advisable to get a review link whenever possible and keep so you can review both good and bad customer service experiences. They are unlikely to send you one if your exchange does not end on a positive note.

@mpcdesign wrote:

@cellphoneuser1 , on the contrary, this is what they sent me on Friday morning!

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 2.55.11 AM.png

i've talked to moderators too. There is no need to verify if you opened a ticket using the question mark and simon. They ask those questions if somebody just sends them a private message without doing it the way they ask.

@cellphoneuser1 , on the contrary, this is what they sent me on Friday morning!

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 2.55.11 AM.png

@mpcdesign wrote:

@Janey0111 , basically, when a moderator receives your message, they need to verify who sent it, therefore they may send you a message that may sound like this:

First Response:

I'll be more than happy to help you with your [issue] request

In this case, in order for us to send the request to the correct department we need to get the following information: 

• First and Last name
  • Preferred method (Email or post-service) 
  • Email address
  • Preferred language
  • Complete address
  • Requested Month/Year 

Once we get this information, we can send the request so you can get the information you need. 

Moderators Team.

Best regards!

*NOTE: The moderator team will send you another message about 2-5 hours from the initial message. If you didn't verify the message (security reasons), you still have a chance to do reply. And if you don't you will see a sample message what will happen if you don't reply within 24 hours.

Second Response:

I'm following up since I can see that you haven't responded yet.  After 24 hours this case will be closed if there is no response, don't hesitate to reach us or the Community back in case you have any further issues.

Moderators Team

Best regards!

**NOTE: What does that mean? Well, if you don't respond after the first message (you need to verify the message) and by the second message you still haven't verified the original message, they will close the case (ie ticket). And nothing will be done about it.

Now, if you did verify the account and they closed it. Make sure you take a screenshot that you did reply and do another ticket and hopefully they can get you back up to speed!

It's no longer done like that. Using the question mark skips the identity step by doing before moderators look at the message.

@Janey0111 , basically, when a moderator receives your message, they need to verify who sent it, therefore they may send you a message that may sound like this:

First Response:

I'll be more than happy to help you with your [issue] request

In this case, in order for us to send the request to the correct department we need to get the following information: 

• First and Last name
  • Preferred method (Email or post-service) 
  • Email address
  • Preferred language
  • Complete address
  • Requested Month/Year 

Once we get this information, we can send the request so you can get the information you need. 

Moderators Team.

Best regards!

*NOTE: The moderator team will send you another message about 2-5 hours from the initial message. If you didn't verify the message (security reasons), you still have a chance to do reply. And if you don't you will see a sample message what will happen if you don't reply within 24 hours.

Second Response:

I'm following up since I can see that you haven't responded yet.  After 24 hours this case will be closed if there is no response, don't hesitate to reach us or the Community back in case you have any further issues.

Moderators Team

Best regards!

**NOTE: What does that mean? Well, if you don't respond after the first message (you need to verify the message) and by the second message you still haven't verified the original message, they will close the case (ie ticket). And nothing will be done about it.

Now, if you did verify the account and they closed it. Make sure you take a screenshot that you did reply and do another ticket and hopefully they can get you back up to speed!

@Janey0111 wrote:

I tried and he said they were looking into it and then he sent me a message saying they were closing the case because I didn't respond. There was nothing to respond to as they said they were looking into it

You'll have to try again with the tickets.

Janey0111

I tried and he said they were looking into it and then he sent me a message saying they were closing the case because I didn't respond. There was nothing to respond to as they said they were looking into it

Neophyte709
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I Still have it.  It shows up under promotions 0 of 5G used.  I also still have the 1G  that they gave during Christmas.  Maybe speak to the moderators.

@Janey0111 wrote:

Are you sure the data rolls over from the 5 GB promotion. I didn't realize it was a one time promotion and I use 0 MB of it but it doesn't look like it's still on my plan

When did you activate your sim card? As I see on link below you were inquiring about PM in May 2019 and were about to sign up but what you wanted became unavailable. The last post from you says plan came back and thanks.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Plan-availability/td-p/364738/page/3

@Janey0111 wrote:

Are you sure the data rolls over from the 5 GB promotion. I didn't realize it was a one time promotion and I use 0 MB of it but it doesn't look like it's still on my plan

Yes, it does. If it's not still there, the most likely explanatino would be that is has been used up.

Janey0111

@Jum  Now that you have used your entire 5gb bonus add on you are free to change your plan on the next renewal. May I suggest the $50 8.5 5gb plan you must have high data needs and assuming you are on the $35 plan is only $15 more for 7gb.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jum wrote:

I read in the Community someone wrote that as long as you keep the plan you will have the 5 GB, but it was not true.

You get one time 5GB add-on.  

When the 5GB add-on is consumed, you will not get another one.

The condition of that promo is:

If you change your plan, the one time 5GB add-on will be removed from your account even if you have not used all your 5GB data.

Jum

I read in the Community someone wrote that as long as you keep the plan you will have the 5 GB, but it was not true.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jum wrote:

It looks like that the 5 GB is a one time add on because mine is finished and I did not get it back in my next month billing cycle. Please correct if am I right?

Correct.  It is one time bonus.

Read the first post,

From November 25 to December 2, customers that activate online or in-store will receive a one-time bonus 5GB of data

Jum

It looks like that the 5 GB is a one time add on because mine is finished and I did not get it back in my next month billing cycle. Please correct if am I right?

Was working! (Presumably) 

We still don't know for certain that it is over do we? What day did you activate @Jonavin 

AE_Collector

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I already received my second month credit for activating the $15 plan. So the new "Any Plan" promo is working.

It is nice to see this promo extended but who decides what promo details will be and the dates? Is it done on the fly? How can details be changed just a couple of hours later? Leads to misunderstandings and mass confusion on the part of customers, us in the community and moderators.

AE_Collector

jeanny

Finally, my son was more successful than me, the only moderator who understood the promotion answered him and credited my account. During this time I have 2 private messages which still say that I am wrong .. REALLY? ... A chance that this moderator had the message, thank you to this moderator

jeanny

@darlicious  I am glad that you have managed to obtain satisfaction for the moment..

@jeanny  Very frustrating...me too. I did get my bf s  autopay reward applied but that's the last one retroactively. Keep plugging away at it.

jeanny

But the previous version specifies the conditions for 3 separate promotions

1-sim free card any plan (activation in store only) I have it

2- second month free any plan (store and online activation)

3 - 5 go free for plan at $ 35 (online or in-store activation)

I almost lost my day on this,
Smiley Frustrated

@jeanny  The current promotion was updated to include all plans just like the black friday promo was updated on black friday. It has also been extended til further notice. It still includes the previous conditions which is making it confusing as to what applies when. If mistakes are made similar to yours it makes it ambiguous as to what applies and when.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jeanny wrote:

@darlicious 

Thank you for the private message I used the link.

I will try again tomorrow with another moderator .. for now the new promotion says $ 25 I want the plan at $15, so I continue

Stick to it. I think you're in the right. (For what that's worth coming from just a fellow customer.) Maybe Tiana_V or Alan_K might chime in and set the mods straight.

Let us know how it turns out.

Although you still haven't said when exactly you activated. The timestamp on your welcome email should offer some clues.

jeanny

@darlicious 

Thank you for the private message I used the link.

I will try again tomorrow with another moderator .. for now the new promotion says $ 25 I want the plan at $15, so I continue

@jeanny  Just to confuse matters they extended the current promo and dropped the minimum plan just like your deal but are refusing to honour!

Need Help? Let's chat.