Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Changes and Improvements to the Public Mobile App

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community,

We're working hard to continuously improve our app to enhance your Public Mobile experience. That’s why we’re launching this dedicated post to keep you informed about all the changes and updates - both past and present - that we've made to our app.

You've spoken, and we've listened. Your feedback is invaluable to us and plays a significant role in shaping our journey. We understand that while we can't address every single concern instantly, we're committed to gradually making changes that matter most to you.

Important: It's essential to keep your app up-to-date for the latest fixes and improvements. Some updates will be required as they address major issues, ensuring you get the best Public Mobile experience.

Keep an eye on this post as we'll be updating it regularly with the latest app changes and improvements. Whenever there's a new update, check back here to see what's been fixed.

App Updates:

Version 1.4.0: 10/11/23

• We've upgraded our payment system to make transactions smoother and to bring you even more secure, modern payment options.
  • We've also tweaked how we handle your credit card information for added security.

Version 1.3.1: 9/19/23

• Sharing is Caring. You can now easily share Refer-a-Friend links with friends and family, right from the app.
  • Now compatible with the latest Android 14 and iOS 17, you can continue enjoying a seamless experience.
  • We've given our plan cards a makeover. Check them out for clearer, more informative details that highlight the value you're getting.

Version 1.3.0: 8/11/23

• Your credit card transactions are now even safer
  • All support options are now right in the app. No more redirecting you elsewhere
  • When the network is busy, we’ll give you clearer updates
  • After requesting a number transfer, please keep the app open
  • Copying your phone's IMEI number? It's easier now
  • Sometimes certain features may be unavailable (like eSIM or transferring a number). We'll show you clear alerts if that happens

Version 1.2.0: 7/17/2023

• You can now refresh 'My Account' and other sections just by pulling down on the screen
  • We'll let you know as soon as there's a new app update ready for you in the store.
  • We've ironed out some bugs that were causing crashes for our Android users.
  • We've made it easier to download and install eSIMs.
  • We've enhanced our address lookup feature across the app for a smoother experience

Version 1.1.3: 7/05/2023

• We've implemented several minor enhancements for a faster and smoother app experience.

Version 1.1.2: 6/09/2023

• Improvements to session lengths to reduce the frequency of log-ins. This means you’ll experience fewer disruptions and spend less time logging back in
  • Reduced app crashes

Version 1.1.1: 6/02/2023

• UI updates and fixes for improved customer experience. 

Version 1.1.0: 5/26/2023

• We’ve made a number of small improvements to ensure the app runs faster and more smoothly.

- The Public Mobile Team

135 REPLIES 135

Yeah it doesn't make a lot of sense to post the update here if it hasn't been put in the app stores yet. Update here once it's gone through the process and is available. 

@Grinch wrote:

Does the post mean 1.2.0 for IOS and Android? 

My iOS phone only shows 1.1.3 is available as well. Google Play shows the same 1.1.3. 

And what is the process to upgrade? Is it automatic if you have refreshes turned on? Or do you have to check, deleted and download again?

@Grinch ,

As far as I know it is for all compatible devices.

I have my device set for my apps to automatically update when plugged in & connected to Wi-Fi but I still check daily for updates to them all. 

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Does the post mean 1.2.0 for IOS and Android? 

My iOS phone only shows 1.1.3 is available as well. Google Play shows the same 1.1.3. 

And what is the process to upgrade? Is it automatic if you have refreshes turned on? Or do you have to check, deleted and download again?

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM , do you have any info about when the newest Public Mobile app update “Version 1.2.0: 7/17/2023” that you posted over 2 weeks ago will show up in the app stores? It is still not available in my Apple app store!

Edit: Today is 7/31/2023 & I am still unable to find the updated version 1.2.0 in my Apple app store! Only the version 1.1.3 from 4 weeks ago!

hyT

@ValeryD1 

I can certainly see an improvement in signing in to Public Mobile My Account when using Samsung Internet Browser over using other methods.  Thank you for sharing.

ValeryD1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Finally, I found a way to log in quickly enough and without an unauthorized login message. I use samsung internet browser instead of app or chrome.

ValeryD1

Finally PM fixed app. Thx. 🙂

@Handy1 , I can’t sign in either! I get a blank page! 😆 Who knows what happened this time!

Until it is fixed, If Customers need to make a payment right away they will need to “Dial *611 or Dial  1 (855) 478-2542  (1 855 4PUBLIC) from another phone.

@ValeryD1  Me either there’s been a few post about this . So I tried and blank white screen all I get . Seems some still able to many of us are affected . This is PM issue just try again in about or two 

Hjghkbhhtjhfd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same here it's kinda annoying because I need to pay the sub but they won't let me in to do it lol

ValeryD1

Looks like some big upgrade went through.
Now I can't log into my account at all. Not from the app, not from the web...
19 July 2023 
12:23 Central time

hyT

It's still not available on Google Play Store either. I'll just wait till it automatically updates whenever it's ready. 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@hyT , I saw that “Version 1.2.0: 7/17/2023” PM app update was posted on here last week but it isn’t available in my Apple app store yet as of today 7/17/2023!

Edit: No update for the PM app as of yet in my Apple App Store!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@hyT  Your welcome . Always happy to help . pM does have some great plans that anyone can get with out jumping hoops for sure . Here’s an interesting read for you then I just posted this on sat  . Was moved to lounge but here ya go check it out 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/Community-rewards-and-badge/td-p/1017294

hyT

@Handy1 

Thank you very much. I learned something new again.

I came to Public Mobile because of its relatively cheap plans. I also enjoy reading community posts where many fellow customers share their experience and expertise with each other.

hyT

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@hyT  You can edit the post . You made mistake on . See the down arrow by time stamp in post you wrote snuggish  when you meant to put sluggish . Tap it and edit it if you like 

hyT

@J_PM 

I meant to say "sluggish" and I misspelled it as "snuggish" instead. My apologies.

hyT

hyT

Hi, @J_PM 

After reading many comments about how poorly-performing this new Public Mobile App was, I decided to wait and watch in the last two months. When version 1.1.3 became available 2023.07.05, I decided to install it and try it out.

It performed pretty well, certainly better than what I was led to believe by many of the comments. It is still a bit sluggish in settling on the initial landing page (account overview). It is, however, better than using a browser though. I also found that it seemed to have gradually improved when I tested it daily. 

So when it's announced that version 1.2.0 2023.07.17 is available, I eagerly went this morning to Google Play Store to update it. Alas, it is not available there yet.

The gradual improvement I've seen has made me more optimistic and eager. I'll patiently wait a little longer and see if I'll enjoy using the new version more. Keep up the good work.

hyT

Moved:

@LitlLdy- I think it also goes towards their jury-rigging non-standard, proprietary methods of tightly controlling the service eg. volte. They seem to want to go back to olden times when providers had strict control rather than more open standardized systems. If they had stuck with standard methods and systems then maybe also it wouldn't have come to all these problems. Maybe the cell system vendors are shaking their heads at Telus thinking what the heck are you doing. Just do it this way. You wouldn't have all this grief if you had. So maybe Telus simply brought all this trouble on themselves for their inexplicable reasons to have such tight control.

@dust2dust , I agree but Public Mobile also gets free Customers support from Us the Customers to help other Customers which in turn saves Public Mobile a lot of money! Some of Us also provide better Customer support then a few of their paid Employees! Some of these Customers are on here 24/7 helping others & very fast at responding. Which they work very hard doing so & in turn put up with a lot of abuse yet rarely a thank you! Yes, Customers providing free Customer support is being done by choice (by paying Customers) but our wants/needs/options should be #1!

Thats just my unwanted/unasked for opinion 😃 

@LitlLdy- If they had done rigourous testing and fixed things found then we/they wouldn't be in this predicament. Not sure what level of expertise whoever is in charge of technical matters has. They seem to be demonstrating minimal. Or their budget has been severely curtailed by Telus and so hey you get what you pay for.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM , I highly suggest bringing back the option of fully/successfully signing up for an account through the Public Mobile website again (like all other service providers) & not forcing it to be done only on the app. Not everyone wants the app nor has any use for it. Especially when there’s currently still so many issues doing it with the app. This is not just my personal opinion but the opinion of many current & new Customers for several reasons.

PJNadler
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It would be really appreciated and very useful if a “create ticket” , "chat" "message for help" functions were added to the app.

Right now all service requests are awkward, clunky and not timely.

Thanks

Proxima

the App is still horrible, you guys made no improvements.

@ValeryD1  I know , but it’s what we have to deal with to enjoy low cost plans . Happy it worked for you all the same 🙂

ValeryD1

Clear cache, delete app data, login again with code actually resolve the issue.
But! But this is a completely non-normal login, neither in the application nor on the web browser!

@ValeryD1  Try again incognito or private mode on web or on app uninstall and re instal it and see if that helps 

ValeryD1

@J_PM 
Again, Instead of accessing my account "message {unauthorized)".

Hmm...  😳

Deleted

With respect --- Why work on making improvements instead of chasing out the bugs?

Need Help? Let's chat.