cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing my current Public Mobile BC # to an ON Public Mobile #

JB001
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there. I moved from BC to ON and the older place I’m moving into has an intercom system that requires a local / non long distance # if I want to be able to use the intercom system.  
I really don’t want to change #’s, but can I do this? (Change from a BC PM # to a local ON #)? 
Is there a fee to do this? 
TIA

4 REPLIES 4

JB001
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Many thanks to all who replied! 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JB001 

yes, you can do that, and Free!! and in fact, you can change number up to 4 times a cycle

To change number, go to Profile page, click on the pencil besides the phone number and then you can pick a new number

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/update/phone-numberhttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/update/phone-number

But if you don't want to change number, consider using VoIP app.  Try TextNow.  It will let you choose a local number and you will get the call on the TextNow all.    You can test if the intercom can call that number and if you can "open" the door by pressing the Textnow dialpad

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JB001 Change number is free, you can change number once every 30 days.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @JB001 

Of course you can do this. Just log into your account and change it to an Ontario number.

Log in. Go to Profile on left side panel. Right hand side you click on your number. The next page will allow you to choose the province and city.

HOWEVER....  and I like my second idea better. Download two apps. Fongo and TextNow. Go through the numbers and see what they have. You might find a number you really like...  last 4 digits may have meaning to you or something. Then you wait a week, then go into your account and port that number over. I did that with Fongo. I've had the same number now for over 2o years.

Need Help? Let's chat.