cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage

Lynnee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Requested an explanation as to why my total data usage is showing as 149mb when the breakdown of usage is less than 50mb. Was told there is a delay in the breakdown and to be assured the usage is correct. Sorry but this is in no way reassuring as this is a substantial gap for one weeks usage.  Also, the time of usage for the breakdown of data is during the night when I am in bed so this is also a concern. I am at a loss as to what to do. 

3 REPLIES 3

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Lynnee   If your usage is that low maybe think about leaving cellular data turned off altogether except when you actually need it.  Usually there is an easy toggle to turn it on and off without going fully into settings.  That's how I managed data usage when I had a very limited amount.  

@Lynnee 

for the "usage" at night, no worry, you didn't waste any unexpected usage while in bed

PM does not update the data usage constantly.  In fact, it only update it twice a day. 

So, any entry you see is just a total usage between that timestamp and the timestamp of the previous entry.  The early morning usage  you see on the Usage log does not mean it was used in the morning but a total usage for the last 12 hours.

Also, for correct usage reading, always use Incognito mode to login My Account to avoid reading cached old info

and are you using Android or iPhone? 

With Android, you can change the cycle date on Mobile data usage page to track your data, track from before as well

With iPhone, you cannot trace back usage from before, but you can start tracking now and compare the usage with PM's

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Lynnee  turn off your data at night 

Need Help? Let's chat.