Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Public Points Rewards

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We are happy to announce the launch of Public Points! 

Starting on January 25, 2022, Public Mobile customers who activate, will automatically be part of Public Points. This means that customers who activated prior to January 25, 2022 will remain on old Public Rewards without any change to the way or amount earned. Don’t worry, these customers can still join Public Points. 

Jade_S_0-1643120205986.png

What is Public Points? 

Public Points is our newly improved rewards program. Sure, we loved Public Rewards, but in our endless pursuit of making things better for our customers, we’ve given it a makeover and made it more flexible than before. 

With Public Points you can:

• Earn points. Public Points are so easy to earn, you’ll be rich in no time.
  • Redeem points. We make redeeming points simple. 1 point earned = 1 dollar when redeemed.  
  • Start saving. Redeem points on things that matter to you - like money off your bill, free add-ons, or the chance to win awesome prizes. 
  • Join whenever you want. Learn more here

Ways to earn Public Points:

With Public Points, earning points is so easy, you  can do it just by saying, "I'm in." And that's actually one of the ways you can earn points – by joining Public Points. There are a lot of other ways you can earn too:

Reward

Points Earned

How do I earn it?

When do I receive it?

One-time

Welcome Present

5 points

As a little welcome present for joining Public Points, we’ll give you 5 points.

Your Welcome Present will be added after we’ve set up your profile, you’ve signed into My Rewards, and you’ve accepted the Terms & Conditions

Loyalty Perks

1 point for every month with Public

As if welcome points didn't sound nice enough, you'll also earn 1 point for every month you've been with Public Mobile

Automatically added after you’ve joined Public Points, and we’ve set up your profile on My Rewards.

Reoccurring

Points Back

5% back for every dollar spent

Earn points just by paying your bill. For every dollar you spend (on your plan and on add-ons), you’ll make 5% of it back in points. Spend away!

Within 48 hours of your spend

Anniversary Points

10 points

For every twelve months you stay with us, you’ll earn 10 points. Think of it like an anniversary present!

Note: time spent in suspend status is still counted towards your Anniversary.

On your Anniversary date

Give Back

1-20 points

Earn up to 20 points every 30 days by asking questions, helping others and voicing your opinion on the Public Mobile Community.

Community standings are released the first week of the following month, and Give Back points are added within 48 hours. 

Refer-a-Friend

1 point every 30 days / active friend you referred

Refer a friend to Public Mobile, and you’ll receive one point for every 30 days your friend stays with us. 

Your friend will also receive a one-time $10 credit when they use your referral code.

Note: your referral code can be found on your My Rewards homepage. 

Every 30 days from your renewal date

Ways to redeem Public Points:

Unlike some other rewards programs, there isn’t a specific way or time limit to cash-in yourpoints. When and how you redeem your points is entirely up to you! Just keep in mind that 1 point earned is valued at 1 dollar when redeemed. Really, that’s it!

Rewards include: 

Catalogue Item

Points Cost

Description

When do I receive it?

Lower Your Bill

15 points

By spending 15 easily-earned points, customers can save $15 in hard-earned cash off of the price of their phone bill.

This will be applied to your next renewal

Add Some Extras

Varies

We’ve got plenty of add-ons for varying amounts of points. Roaming? Add-on a little. Long distance minutes? Add-on some more. Extra data? Add-on a whole lot! It’s entirely up to you..

Add-ons will be added immediately. 

In rare cases, it may take a few hours to appear in your account. 

If you haven’t received your add-on, please contact us for support. 

Jackpot

1 point

Enter our contests for a chance to win some exciting prizes. Contest details vary, but we'll send you an email with all the details whenever we launch new ones.

Contest winners will be contacted soon after contests close. 

Rewards Calculator 

Wonder how many  Public Points you could be raking in? Check outour rewards calculator. This tool will compare your old Public Rewards against Public Points. Simply input your information, and watch your points pile up! 

Note: this tool is only for estimation purposes. There may be inaccuracies between the estimated amount and your actual Public Points earning amount  

How to access Rewards:

My Rewards is your new home for all things rewards - all your points are kept in one neat, little place. Simply sign in with your My Account information to start earning and spending points. 

Do you have more questions about Public Points? Check out these FAQs here 

Thank you Community for your support! Remember we have our Oracle and Public Mobile teams to assist with any questions you have. Happy earning! 

- Public Mobile Team

297 REPLIES 297

JesseF
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just so everyone is aware, the point calculator link seems to no longer work/be valid. Any chance this could be looked into? I was hoping to get some more information on how earning works via the public forums. I.e is it one point per bravo or calculated some other way?

hi @dominic11 what error you got?? if 2FA is the problem, try click Didnt receive code? and check if email is an option

if still cannot logom, please submit ticket with CS agent by messaging here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Allykat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How come you can't log in? 

dominic11

how do you redeem rewards if you can't log in to your account

Nat_H13

Best phone plan investment by far! Cheapest phone plan options out of all the big corporations and the rewards program is an added bonus!

canirolf

Being customer for Public Mobile for at least 8 years with different phone numbers and one or more numbers

All I can say it is that could not benefit in full from my loyalty to  PM due to all kind of rules and policies during the years

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Lisa121 this might help you

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@AlexTait 

No it definitely is not but public points are still better than any other rewards of any kind that any other provider has which they don't except for some have an auto pay reward. So if you're trying to convince someone to switch to public well it is still a decent rewards program just it doesn't reward you as well through passive rewards versus active rewards. So if you can refer friends and participate in the community you can still earn a decent amount of points. But if you're not active and just depending on loyalty and what used to be auto pay but is now get back points then no is not nearly as good. But it is a little better if you have a more expensive plan as you will get more back but if you have one of the cheaper plans below $40 every 30 days that you get less back. The one advantage is the discounted add-ons so if you travel to the US and need roaming or use a lot of international minutes or need some extra data then you can save money through redemptions for add-ons.

AlexTait

Booo.... it's not as good!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@AlexTait 

The $$ rewards program is grandfathered you cannot activate under its and if you join public points after being a $$ rewards customer you cannot go back to $$ rewards.

My point is you can only activate and get the points program nowadays.

AlexTait

Can I still refer a friend and sign them up under the old rewards program instead of the new points plan?

tweakthis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I did not know there was a five year cap. Thanks for that info.

@kav2001c   My Reward page use the SAME login as My Account, these 2 systems sync'ed the credentials.  

Hmm I disagree there...

I just had to make 3 separate logins (account info to check payment date, new reward system to check out rewards page which had vanished from my account page, then message board to send off a request to CS to correct an issue)

Again on positive side, reply + fix from CS was FAST

Less than 5-10 minutes (I am used to 24-48 hours)

@kav2001c   the separate system because the new Reward is hosted on the current Telus rewards system as well.  My Account is on a different, older system.  But honest, they can still do something better to link it up if they want to

I guess, at least it is good they sync'ed the credentials between the 2 systems and you don't have to make another login

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

The new system appears at 1st glance to be better than old system

The annoying factors though are separate login page (why?) and loss of tenure for those with 5+ years service

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I think, That if the PM Rewards Points becomes too irrelevant, or even Revolting, then perhaps PM needs to take the PM Points Back to Formula

Effective Rewards needs to be Effective, and baring Teeth, without which would make PM Unlucrative

norsearts

In the future it would be good if Public offered points for phone purchases of discount on phones.

barndoor

ROTFLMAO  .... I just got a notice two hours ago  from PM that I apparently had  earned a new badge  ... for Dec of 2021.  I think that says it all about the marketing team . Just maintain  my service continuity  please and I don't care what pretty points games  or badges  or other games you want to play in the background. 

chainsawcowboy

@darlicious 

Its not me @LeePublic  has to worry about it's my better half!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LeePublic 

Uh oh @chainsawcowboy is going to be mad that you gave away his flip phone....better hope that chainsaw is a guitar and not a real one....?!!🤔🤞

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

😂LOL, I gave the flip phone away to a charity.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LeePublic 

But you just won a "new" phone?!! Lol.....

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, I agree, I think they are resorting to these tactics to wean us off the old rewards program. Not only that, we'll pay a higher plan price vs staying on the old rewards system. I preordered a Samsung Galaxy A53 so I don't need a new phone. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@paprika 

But you are missing my point....every new customer is on the points program so how they choose to redeem their points makes no difference to the actual rewards program. It's only those that are lured or "tricked" or willingly choose to leave the rewards program and join the points program that are of concern.

paprika

‏‏‎ ‎

olav1

they really can't offer it to the $ rewards people (using the old system) as this would be considered an actual lottery.  And all lotteries involving money require them to be registered in each province.  Points are not reward $ unless they are converted.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@paprika 

Actually there are 3 iPhone 13's to be won....I am unsure about the number of Beats to be won. Don't be raining on the points people's parade they need something to hope for without regular rewards reducing their bill every month.

Is that capsaicin under your collar? Or is your username really hot paprika?🌶😁🌶

paprika

‏‏‏‎ ‎

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@paprika 

Lol...its not working very well though. Only one week left to pay a point for the lucky draw. If you were tricked into points this is probably your best odds at walking away with a treat!

The paprika coloured font is a nice touch!

Need Help? Let's chat.