cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Help Needed!] Let us know about your Self-Serve password/username reset experience

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

I hope you’re having a fantastic start to the holiday period with our More is Merrier Campaign - have you gotten your free gifts yet?

As it’s the season of giving, we’d love for you to give your feedback to us in a quick 5 minute survey (clever right?). As part of our journey to continually improve the customer support experience, we’re currently looking at how to make the Self-Serve password and username reset experience easier for you. 

If the below criteria apply to you, we’d love to hear from you:

1. You are a current Public Mobile customer with a Self-Serve account
  2. You’ve needed to request a password or username reset 

If you’re interested in having your voice heard and determine the direction we take on this, check out the link below before December 15th!

Click here to access the survey

-Public Mobile Community Team

55 REPLIES 55

JenL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Maryphillips I hope this has been resolved for you. 

amadani
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes me too. It is great and real easy to use. I haven't had any problems with Public Mobile whatsoever.

Zonda

I am having the same problem with email address and/or password not recognized??? 

Alan_K

@BDW wrote:

Is it just if we've ever reset password for our self serve account or does the community account count also?

Hi @BDW , this one is specifically about the Self-Serve account only 🙂

@BDW wrote:

Is it just if we've ever reset password for our self serve account or does the community account count also?

I believe that the Community site is running different software. For this survey, Public Mobile is specifically asking about Self-Serve.

BDW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Leoglennfelora wrote:

I've been trying To Log in For 2 Days To Receive The Free 1GB Offer Before This Offer Expires I've Never had so Much Trouble With Trying to Log in as I have With Public Mobile,!!! I've Reset my Pass word Which Is always been with Me As Have My E-Mail Address  Your System keeps Shutting me Out Saying My Information is Not Correct, All I'd Like Is What you are offering The Clients of which I am!!! Also I used up my Remaining Data To Try To Get This Offer Hoping You can resolve this for Me,???!! If Not A Text MessageOr A Live Person Can Assist me Thank you,  

So you did the Forgot your password? and did you get the email?

If so did it let you reset?

If not did the email link time out?

So you have a reset password...what happens when you try to log in? Are you sure of upper/lower case? How long is your email address? At what point are you getting the message saying incorrect information?

Leoglennfelora

I've been trying To Log in For 2 Days To Receive The Free 1GB Offer Before This Offer Expires I've Never had so Much Trouble With Trying to Log in as I have With Public Mobile,!!! I've Reset my Pass word Which Is always been with Me As Have My E-Mail Address  Your System keeps Shutting me Out Saying My Information is Not Correct, All I'd Like Is What you are offering The Clients of which I am!!! Also I used up my Remaining Data To Try To Get This Offer Hoping You can resolve this for Me,???!! If Not A Text MessageOr A Live Person Can Assist me Thank you,  

Free_from_Blue

I just used the feature to reset my password and it was easy to use. Got my password reset link emailed in mere seconds.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcoffee wrote:

I see. You have a point there. The survey asks the user to provide e-mail address which enables Public Mobile to track down the user if it wants. 

iirc the survey asked for the community name. Fine. But I objected to giving my email address to a third party.

What you seem to be objecting to is verifying that it's you for a password change. Of course I share your concern about what happens to it from PM's end but they have all that you provided at sign up already in their system.

tcoffee

I see. You have a point there. The survey asks the user to provide e-mail address which enables Public Mobile to track down the user if it wants. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcoffee : My comment was more about the survey. All that information would likely have been provided at sign up...bogus anonymous or not... I don't have a problem with the company making sure it's me. I have a problem with not confirming a number port however ..but that's a whole 'nother topic.

tcoffee

I don't quite understand why Public Mobile is asking users to verify and transmit personal info noted below AND the 4 digit security pin code in order to reset the self serve password.

Public Mobile sent out user authenticator link with my first request but this time I've been asked to provide a bunch of personal info. 

Also, see how Desjardin's employee used customer data to access credit card info.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/desjardins-says-employee-who-stole-personal-data-also-accessed-credi...  There are people out there that use consumers' data for other purposes. How is Public Mobile mitigating such risks?

--Date of birth
-Address with postal code
-Email
-Last 4 digits of registered credit card (if available)
-Current plan active in the account

- 4 digit security PIN number + account phone number + anti-fraud question: current plan active in your account (amount and features)

- Answering all the previous security questions shared in the message above.

tcoffee

I agree with this user (z10user4)'s comment. This user notes that sharing of an e-mail address with a stranger is a concern. However, in my case, in addition to the e-mail address, I've been asked to provide a bunch of personal info to reset the password.

-Date of birth
-Address with postal code
-Email
-Last 4 digits of registered credit card (if available)
-Current plan active in the account

When I first engaged Public Mobile, I was asked to authenticate myself using the link provided. Did the process change? And if yes, how is Public Mobile securing the exchange/storage/deletion of personal info provided to reset the password?

cleverchic

Super easy!  Forgot my username lol (happens after 50!)  Submitted a request and within seconds received an email with my UserID (to which I slapped my forehead - Duh! Haha!)

mariawilkerson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Your password is saved inside your search engine (Explorer, Safari, Chrome). If you go into settings, you will find a place where they are all saved. You won't be able to see them until you put in your computer password so it knows it is not any random person. Click on the 'eye symbol' beside the screened out password and you will then be able to read it. Search ' where do I find my passwords in Chrome. Also, try another browser. You may have savedit inside of one of the other browsers you use, or on another computer. If you switch computers and don't log in to that browers, how does it know it is you? It will ask you for your password again .

_Naren

Please fix the password reset system asap. Because in short it's a joke that the reset email does not show up in inbox no less than few hours and have to keep an eye out for. But appreciate you guys addressing the issue and reaching out for the survey. But in my opinion reaching out with survey with this issue is needless. Go fix it public mobile. That one is the downside when comes to public mobile. 

Suggestion:

Send a emporary password by SMS.

The same way you send a temporary password by SMS during initial account setup.

Every Public Mobile customer already has a phone which can receive SMS. 

@CalvinW  13 minutes for this to post....tried to edit and it disappeared for awhile. I had to open and then close for tabs saying this site cannot be reached just to get back in again.

@CalvinW  Thus reply probably won't work....i sense a site crash as replying to anything, signing in and no self serve is on the blink @Alan_K and @Tiana_V  we need a response on this one even if it's just an acknowledgement of being aware of an issue. @Dave_M  my wishlist includes stuff like this not happening and pm posting that they are on it in a timely manner!

CalvinW

Self-serve not loading 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@Alan_K , I have feedback that is somewhat related to this topic.  It has to do with changing usernames after initial account setup.  If it is done, the email address remains unchanged.  Since this is not displayed in the self serve, customers will not be aware and future attempts to do password resets will have reset emails going to potentially incorrect recipients.  This is a huge security problem aside from inconveniences.  If the intent is to continue to allow separate username and email address for the self serve accounts, each has to be separately shown in the self serve with options to change them as needed.  

Thanks for the tip @will13am , I included this as a possible reason that the password reset email won't show up in the customer's inbox within the survey to help size up this problem.Smiley Happy

The first reply to this thread mentioned this "tip".

Context setting is important.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan_K wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@Alan_K , I have feedback that is somewhat related to this topic.  It has to do with changing usernames after initial account setup.  If it is done, the email address remains unchanged.  Since this is not displayed in the self serve, customers will not be aware and future attempts to do password resets will have reset emails going to potentially incorrect recipients.  This is a huge security problem aside from inconveniences.  If the intent is to continue to allow separate username and email address for the self serve accounts, each has to be separately shown in the self serve with options to change them as needed.  

Thanks for the tip @will13am , I included this as a possible reason that the password reset email won't show up in the customer's inbox within the survey to help size up this problem.

The first reply to this thread mentioned this "tip".

Alan_K

@will13am wrote:

Thanks for the tip @will13am , I included this as a possible reason that the password reset email won't show up in the customer's inbox within the survey to help size up this problem.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan_K wrote:

@Felixbthe1 wrote:

Survey completed.

Hope everyone had a pleasant weekend-

Thanks @Felixbthe1 and @dna2016 for your help - we really appreciate it!

To everyone who has mentioned something to the effect of the email not arriving or taking too long, stories like that are exactly what we want to get to the bottom of, so keep the responses coming 🙂

@Alan_K 

stonechucker (where is he anyway?) has been on this for as long as I can remember. He never seemed to get the password emails. This is not new news.

Alan_K

@Felixbthe1 wrote:

Survey completed.

Hope everyone had a pleasant weekend-

Thanks @Felixbthe1 and @dna2016 for your help - we really appreciate it!

To everyone who has mentioned something to the effect of the email not arriving or taking too long, stories like that are exactly what we want to get to the bottom of, so keep the responses coming 🙂

Koda42

Very easy to change after i forgit my username. Loved it!!

LilyW

The reset email actually came the next day which time expired on me.  I was able to finally reset my username and password when I requested the reset email again.  This time, the email came shortly after the request.

dna2016

@Alan_K such a lie, it was wayyyyyyyyy less than 5 minutes.  Maybe 1 or 2 minutes max to complete this survey Smiley LOL

Need Help? Let's chat.