cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Public Mobile

[KNOWN ISSUE] Longer than normal wait times for self serve

Update as of Dec. 4 2:02PM ET:

Earlier today we launched our More is Merrier campaign, which included wide spread communications to our customers as well as taking over the YouTube home page. This resulted in much higher than normal traffic on our website and self serve portals. Due to high traffic to our self serve portal, you may experience longer than normal wait times for the portal to load (and see a blank screen in the mean time). Please refresh the page or come back to the self serve portal at a later time or date.

If you are trying to add one of our More is Merrier free add-ons (1GB of data or 400 international minutes) please know that these will be available until December 25th 2019, so you have plenty of time to take advantage of this give away. We are anticipating lower traffic levels later this week (likely even Thursday Dec 5th), so you should see full speed access to self serve then. 

Thank you for your patience. 

- The Public Mobile Team

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] Longer than normal wait times for self serve

Awful service today, PM. I've been without phone service all day, payment taken from my card and not applied to account, and just getting the runaround from my support ticket. 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A small price to pay for freebies. Worth it!

Highlighted

Not when you have no service at all. 

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New promo for existing Public Mobile Account holders - Christmas 2019 presents

No longer an issue, keep trying.

Highlighted

@ycy wrote:

New promo for existing Public Mobile Account holders - Christmas 2019 presents

No longer an issue, keep trying.

Nope, still an issue:

This page isn’t working

selfserve.publicmobile.ca didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

memories of Fall Promo all over again

I would suggest that everyone try again late at night if you're still awake. The good new is how the promotional add-ons will be available until December 25th.

For anyone needing to make a manual payment, I would suggest either get a top up voucher from a store or, if it's more convenient, from recharge.com and apply the top up using *611.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've redeemed my Christmas promos.  Keep trying

Highlighted

Seriously though, in the age of amazon, google, microsoft, cloudflare etc. there are so many options for decent web hosting that would not be affected by more traffic.

I run a website that probably takes 3 times the traffic public mobile has and my site flies all the time. It uses amazon for the server and even if my traffic quadrupled there would be no decernable slowdown.

The speed I saw today... over 3 minutes to turn a page is totally unacceptable for ANY company much less a big player like Telus.

You know you can just put publicmobile as an addon domain under telus and run on the same server right?

With the speed of self service over the time I have been here I can only imagine the slow speed is done intentionally because no sane company would put up with that speed without switching to a faster service.

Just my personal opinion about it.

Highlighted

I imagine the self serve server is on fire right now, we're all overloading it to add the addons to our account.  Earlier, it was completely down, it'll just display a blank page because it wasn't able to handle all the traffic we're sending it. 

I'm just letting it slowly load in while I get other stuff done.  Is adding these addons also available via self serve over the phone (611)?