cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] Longer than normal wait times for self serve

Yesterday before I went to bed, I was thinking that PM server will get hit today with all subscribers hitting the buy add-on button.

I woke up 8:45 am this morning and quickly purchase the $0 add-ons for all my accounts.  The first one took about 2 minutes.  The remaining 5 accounts went smoothly within 10 seconds each.

PM self-server was slow already during normal time and it is not designed to handle some many commections concurrently.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I redeem already just be patience

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@jor123 wrote:

Awful service today, PM. I've been without phone service all day, payment taken from my card and not applied to account, and just getting the runaround from my support ticket. 

I had the same thing happen to me, but my account was showing a credit for what it auto-billed. I just went ahead and clicked pay and typed in the amount I was seeing in credit and it debited that and started working right away.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I managed to get the two addons on one of the accounts for my household, the other one was in the process....  but the site just crashed just now and I'm not sure if my purchase of $0 completed or not.

I'll find out once the site is live again.

Edit: just refreshed the page, the two addons are showing up on my account so it did complete properly before crashing.  Thanks PM!

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

this is what's happening when we are hosting a website on an Intel Celeron dual-core laptop with a DSL 10meg/sec connection ... and then telling everyone to come in and log in at the same time.   Smiley LOL

Highlighted

@Sirius wrote:

this is what's happening when we are hosting a website on an Intel Celeron dual-core laptop with a DSL 10meg/sec connection ... and then telling everyone to come in and log in at the same time.   Smiley LOL

LOL!!!! Smiley LOL

As for folks tryin' to get the freebies, I too tried it earlier, and got the blank page, so my wife & I went shopping, and after coming home, I JUST got the add-ons done a few minutes ago.... be patient, and/or do as already mentioned, i.e. if you can, log in late at night and get the deed done.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yeah , when you'll go for a leak at 4 am, don't forget to redeem the freebie

Highlighted

Ironically I'm now seeing occasional connection reset errors in the community forums... is this happening to anyone else? 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@jor123It is more of a function of Khoros / Lithium being overwhelmed seperately rather than other Public Mobile infrastructures their billing system or SIM ordering.

Highlighted

I know the forums are outsourced but seems like infrastructure is an issue across the board with PM when things get busy.