cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

Jared_K
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Community,

Effective December 15, 2018 until December 31, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a SIM card and your next 30 days for $0 when you activate a 30-day plan in-store at participating retailers! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card in-store at a participating retailer on a 30-day plan from December 15 to December 31, 2018, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • K-Mobile
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 30 days of activating.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message shortly after the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store only at participating retailers.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team  

89 REPLIES 89

@kpurest

It should be automatic.  No need to inform Public Mobile.  $10 each month for the next 6 months.  Each payment would first use up your balance, then charge you the rest if you are on autopay. 

Here is the link to this promo:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Activate-any-30-mo-plan-online-and-get-...

kpurest

@Dunkman

Yes my plan is 45$ (over 30$) 

then the account automatically $10 off for next payment or I need to let public mobile know. (Further action)

kpurest

@Dunkman

I activated 15 on December( last Saturday) 

I didn’t mention the promotion to staff @London drug store, she just said that youneed to activate yourself. So I already purchased the SIM card 10$+tax.  

And I already got 25$ in my account(referral) 

Can I get offer 10$ off for 6 months? 

Or can I ask the staff @ london drug, whether I can get the promotion. (Next 30days for $0)

and if i wanna use my credit in account, I need to make a payment or if I just leave it then they gonna automatically deduct for next payment? 

@kpurest

You have good luck and timing.  If your plan is over $30, you should receive $10 credit x 6 months.  This promo started on December 15.  See below:

From December 15 to January 1, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online on a $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans) can get $10 off every 30 days for 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. Take advantage of this awesome deal which can also be stacked with our Refer a Friend offer!

kpurest

I activated 15 on December( last Saturday) 

I didn’t mention the promotion to staff @London drug store, she just said that youneed to activate yourself. So I already purchased the SIM card 10$+tax.  

And I already got 25$ in my account. 

Can I get offer 10$ off for 6 months? 

Since December 15th. 

@kpurest

When did you activate?  Any Vendors who sell PM SIM card including London drugs, Walmart, WOW mobile, etc. 

With this promotion, you can let the London drugs rep activate for you.  Then you would have gotten the Sim card for free and 2nd month credit within 72 hours.  

You are right, if you activate at home, you will only get the $25 friend referral.  You might qualify for the $10 x 6 months promo if your activated plan was over $30 per month.  Again, depends on when you activated....  

kpurest

What does mean for “in-store”? 

What kinda of store I need to drop by? 

I purchase the sim card at London drug and activated myself. 

So I don’t think I can get $0 SIM card + next 30days of service as $0.  

Just only I get referral as $25. 

shelbypetch1994
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes walmart and thank you for your help

Anonymous
Not applicable

@missorange wrote:

you can change your current plan in the self serve memu.

Yes but then they lose what they just paid for. In effect paying twice for service.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

you can change your current plan in the self serve memu.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shelbypetch1994 wrote:

I bought my sim and activated in store but the problem is that i did not get the plan i asked for who do i contact to get things sorted as i seen and asked for a specific plan and i do not see things that should be included on my plan on my self serve account 

Walmart?

Yes indeed you'll need the moderators for this kind of account question.

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.
Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

shelbypetch1994

I bought my sim and activated in store but the problem is that i did not get the plan i asked for who do i contact to get things sorted as i seen and asked for a specific plan and i do not see things that should be included on my plan on my self serve account 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shelbypetch1994

This community is the support model. If people here think your only option is to contact employees then they'll tell you.

What's the problem that brings you here?

shelbypetch1994

TK123
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is a great deal with great cell phone plans and free SIM card available until Dec 31 only. Just be aware that to get the "next 30 days free" (after 30 days), you must sign up for a 30 day plan. There is no "next 30 days free" deal for a 90 day plan. Public Mobile is owned by Telus so you get nationwide coverage wherever you would get Telus - Telus is one of the big three so coverage is not an issue (Stay away from Freedom Mobile). I get $1 off per month if you use my number as a referrer. Send me a private message if you need a referer number and you get a $10 credit to your account. 

I recommend going to London Drugs if you live in Western Canada. The one at Robson and Bute in Vancouver is the one I used and recommend - 1187 Robson street, Vancouver.
I signed up two months ago for the same deal.

DO NOT CANCEL YOUR SERVICE WITH YOUR CURRENT PROVIDER - you will lose your number if you do that - Public Mobile will take car of that for you. Once you are sure you are getting service from Public Mobile, it is OK to check with your OLD provider.

There are a few drawbacks that you should be aware of

1) It is 30 days NOT a full month.

2) It is a pre-pay service so you have to pay ahead and ensure there is enough in your account at renewal date or set up autopay via a credit card - you can and should do that - you'll save $2 a month if you do that. Setting up auto-pay is a little finicky accepting your credit card address - have your name and address on your Credit Card EXACTLY the same as your Public Mobile name and address and don't use a space between the third and fourth character in your postal code.

3) There is no live support - all questions are handled online ONLY.

4) Lots of data available in the 3G Data plans. 3G is still plenty fast - you can watch 1080p video with 3G. If you really need LTE, you can select that option, but it will cost more - absolutely unnecessary for me. Because Public Mobile has ONLY LTE and not VoLTE, your phone has to switch to 3G to make or receive a call - this switching can fail 1-2% of the time resulting in a missed call so I highly recommend turning off LTE and using 3G all the time, eliminating the need for your phone to switch to 3G on incoming calls.

5) The ONLY potential problem, as far as I can see, is when you change your service initially to Public Mobile when you go in the store, e.g. London Drugs. You have to be on the ball for this. Although not required, I recommend printing your bill from your current provider with your account number and address on it and bringing it with you to the store. They are going to give you a new SIM card and port your old number to that SIM card so you can keep the same number. Your time in the store is about 15 minutes - sign some stuff and set up payment etc. but it takes about 30 to 60 minutes to "port" your number to Public Mobile and to your new SIM card (you don't have to wait around for this at the store). That process should go smooth but if it doesn't, go back to the store. Don't deal with it online. At London Drugs, they have a direct line to Telus (Public Mobile) to fix porting issues and activation issues. I call it the "bat phone", but it's ONLY for porting and activation issues. Ask them at the store if they have a "bat phone". If they don't have a "bat phone" go to another store that does.

syphone

"when you activate a 30-day plan in-store at participating retailers" @Syhatheb

cdeepaks

Today (Dec 15th 2018) I bought Public Mobile SIM card in Walmart, ported my number from Fido to Public Mobile.

Here are the details.

$10 SIM Card fee waived. So i got the SIM card for $0

Took a $40 4.5 GB 3G data plan (Added 500 MB through auto-pay). Total monthly charges with tax - $45.20

Auto-Pay gave me instant $2 credits to my account

Also, within 30 days, i will get the $40 credits for one-month free connection

kpurest

Hello, 

Today I activated public mobile sim card, however, I am a new customer and wonder whether I can get free sim and for next 30 days of service $0, (Actually, I already purchased the sim at retail shop just now) 

Later, the company put the credit in my self accont? how it works let me know please 

syphone

Wow.. A lot of promotions from PM. Keep it up PM!

Wonder_why

@Syhatheb wrote:

i just bought my sim and plan 2 days ago can i still get on the promo?

No, sorry to say it

shartomjam

@yyzyy wrote:

Can I combine this offer with that $25 bonus friend referral?

No, you cannot.  This offer is for in-store activation.  The $25 friend referral is for at home online activations only.

AJ9

@will13am wrote:

Nice to have as many promos as possible.  This one seems to interfere with the $10 x 6 offering.  Retail activation will remove elibility for the $25 referral bonus.  It would seem the best way to stack all the offerings is to get the Freedom Mobile targeted $50 offer online, get the $10 x 6, $25 referral reward, 4.5GB bonus data. 

How can the "freedom mobile $50 offer" be stacked to this public mobile offer? Can you please share? I know freedom is having it's promos with bonus data and so is pm with $10x6 months and $25 referral. Would like to understand how these could be stacked?

AJ9

Does Public Mobile offer 416 area code numbers on new in-store activations? If yes I will get one for my son.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Nice to have as many promos as possible.  This one seems to interfere with the $10 x 6 offering.  Retail activation will remove elibility for the $25 referral bonus.  It would seem the best way to stack all the offerings is to get the Freedom Mobile targeted $50 offer online, get the $10 x 6, $25 referral reward, 4.5GB bonus data. 

akrit

Thank you for sharing this information....

Don't miss it PUBLIC SIM Users and quicly refer to your close friends and families to get the PUBLIC Mobile SIM now.

Keep sharing this message more and get everyone to join the PUBLIC Mobile SIM Community.

"Hey Community,

Effective December 15, 2018 until December 31, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a SIM card and your next 30 days for $0 when you activate a 30-day plan in-store at participating retailers! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card in-store at a participating retailer on a 30-day plan from December 15 to December 31, 2018, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • K-Mobile
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 30 days of activating.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message shortly after the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store only at participating retailers.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team "

yyzyy

Can I combine this offer with that $25 bonus friend referral?

Syhatheb

i just bought my sim and plan 2 days ago can i still get on the promo?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

In-store only.  Save $10 SIM + $10 referral vs $25 referral online.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Nice! This will cover the holiday period.

Need Help? Let's chat.