cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Get a SIM for $0 when you activate in-store!

@Dunkman wrote:

@1965 wrote:

I was reffered by a co-worker. Gave them name & information requested.

@1965 

Did you enter the referral code of your co-worker?  If so, you should have received the $10 friend referral credit within 72 hours (usually next day).  

London drugs was not listed in the participating vendors for the free SIM card.  Usually, these promotions is valid via all vendors.  

You can try to contact moderator with your above issues.  Click on quesiton mark on the right lower corner on website.  State your issue to Simon and start the ticketing process to get moderator help.  

• @Dunkman  That is true so I called ahead of time and they were aware of the promotion so either on their own or thru their price match policy they had no problem giving the free SIM card. At least at the cambie and Broadway location ( very non judgemental towards pm) and excellent customer service as mentioned by many pm customers. Despite what the promo lists as retailers I messaged a moderator who researched it and he listed these as all the participating retailers: Wal-Mart, the Mobile shop, Wow mobile, Cellurific and CP. London drugs was not listed but any major retailer with a price match policy and an authorized dealer of pm should (by their own policy) price match a free SIM card promotion.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for letting us all know. Let's see if I can convince my Mom to switch from Fido!

I activated at Walmart and got my free SIM, but the employee didn't mention any other rewards like the monthly $2 with autopay.  Use the links below to keep up to date on Public Mobile rewards.

You can sign up to be emailed promotions at the bottom of this page: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

You can read about the rewards here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles?category=rewards&subcategory=types-of-rewards  

@s_shard wrote:

I activated at Walmart and got my free SIM, but the employee didn't mention any other rewards like the monthly $2 with autopay.  Use the links below to keep up to date on Public Mobile rewards.

If you haven't already, you can still take advantage of autopay but you would have already lost the first $2 reward. You can still get it for the next renewal.

Yes, that's what I did.  Great deal!

only if these promo were retoactive Smiley Wink

Yes.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Simoneabolarind wrote:

I was charge $10 in walmart store on Wednesday when u activated a line and i specifically told the guy at the store but he refused and told me i have to pay. Can someone get back to me asap. Thank .

I know that many people have received free sim cards when activating at Walmart. However, since this is something they don't advertise, it's not something that you can hold them to. As always, consumers are always free to shop around and to look for the best price or services.  If you do wish for someone to get back to you, it's really thw Walmart location that I would try speaking to, but they charged you the officially advertised price.

To avoid problems it's best to print out the offers and show them to the Walmart clerks. 

@Rolex wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Simoneabolarind wrote:

I was charge $10 in walmart store on Wednesday when u activated a line and i specifically told the guy at the store but he refused and told me i have to pay. Can someone get back to me asap. Thank .

I know that many people have received free sim cards when activating at Walmart. However, since this is something they don't advertise, it's not something that you can hold them to. As always, consumers are always free to shop around and to look for the best price or services.  If you do wish for someone to get back to you, it's really thw Walmart location that I would try speaking to, but they charged you the officially advertised price.

To avoid problems it's best to print out the offers and show them to the Walmart clerks. 

@Rolex  That is excellent advice.

@Simoneabolarind  your issue is with Wal-Mart. I would take the advice of @Rolex  and/or a device showing the current promo and speak with the manager of the mobile dealer in Wal-Mart as they are a separate subcontractor under the Wal-Mart umbrella and may or may not follow Wal-Mart policies. Be sure to phone ahead to make sure they are there when you ask for a refund.

London Drugs in British Columbia also sells Piblic Mobile sim cards and phone time.