cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get 4.5 GB at 3G speeds for $40!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of November 20, 2018: This plan is now expired.

Hey Community,

As a competitive response, effective October 19th, 2018 we are bringing back our 4.5 GB at 3G speed for $40 plan for a limited time only.

Plan details:

$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQs

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date. We recommend changing your plan on your next renewal date so your money can go further, but ultimately the choice is yours.

To learn more about how to change your plan and other things you should consider when determining which option is best for you, check out our Self-Serve Account Management help article here.  

What happens if the “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you choose to change your plan to “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

54 REPLIES 54

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Yevgeniy_MB wrote:

Nothing has happened 😞 

Also,public-mobile.PNG my due date has gone... 

Some changes happen overnight, check the next day at 9 am.  Should be there. 🙂

EdmondY

At this point, why do you even make it a "limited time offer"??  You removed it for a few days and than it just comes back.  Completely pointless..

surprise surprise

Count down to $45/6GB coming back. 5, 4, 3, 2,1...  LOL

Yevgeniy_MB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Nothing has happened 😞 

Also,public-mobile.PNG my due date has gone... 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Yevgeniy_MB wrote:

How? How can I choose this plan again? 

public-mobile2.PNG

1.  Log off from you self-serve account.

2.  Restart your browser

3.  Re-do the plan change process again.

Yevgeniy_MB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How? How can I choose this plan again? 

public-mobile2.PNG

@CalvinW  What are you waiting for?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd say mimmo_L is entirely right. It's always about the money. The profit in this business is in the unused resources that are paid for nonetheless. No one spends 24/7 on the phone so who needs unlimited. No one writes novels multiple times via text 24/7 so who needs unlimited. And then few people use all of their paid-for data. I know I didn't when I used to have 6gb. I went over once in the several years I was paying for it. So all of those paid-for resources are the profit for these companies.

Yeah...I know...I'll never see $10 for unlimited province/unlimited texting.

@mimmo wrote:

@RobertQc my gut says they offer promos at higher data levels is to get people to pay more for something they might not use. If on  average people at the 4gb level say uses 3 GB then offering them 500 mb or 1gb extra and they keep the usage the same then the company makes more money and the user is happy so they can say I get x for y.

The low data user is likely going to use most of their alloted data, so why give them more when they could move up to the next teir of service.

That is why I was suggesting the 250 mg option + talk and text for 27-28$ it's an inbetween price and quantity of data between the talk and text for 25 and the 500mg for 30.  It's a good stepping stone for those talk and text plans or those that use the 1gb add-on for data.

@mimmoI'd say you are correct, and I like your proposed plan.

mimmo

@RobertQc my gut says they offer promos at higher data levels is to get people to pay more for something they might not use. If on  average people at the 4gb level say uses 3 GB then offering them 500 mb or 1gb extra and they keep the usage the same then the company makes more money and the user is happy so they can say I get x for y.

The low data user is likely going to use most of their alloted data, so why give them more when they could move up to the next teir of service.

That is why I was suggesting the 250 mg option + talk and text for 27-28$ it's an inbetween price and quantity of data between the talk and text for 25 and the 500mg for 30.  It's a good stepping stone for those talk and text plans or those that use the 1gb add-on for data.

CalvinW

Still waiting .........................................................

@Anonymous wrote:

@Alan_K: Again with the high data promos. How about a "competitive response " with the low dollar plans.

@AnonymousPublic mobile does not listen.

Highest bravo's in the thread and they still ignore it. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Changes-to-select-bonus-data-and-promotions/m-p/286977#M19924

@Alan_KReally disappointed. Again. As usual. Why do the little guys voice keep getting ignored. Please give the regular users a deal next time, its always "big data" plans, where is the deals on $20-30 even a $35 for users without much data needs. This is supposed to be public mobile, "less for less" but its always "more for more" .... "more money for more data"

Even your bonus data in the builder is only on the highest of priced plans. 2/4/6/GB but what about the 500MB/1GB? Those don't deserve a few extra megabytes?

How about instead of giving 500mb if you buy 2gb 3G , or bonus 1gb if you buy 4GB 3G ... just give a % bonus to all plans that include 3G data. Such as if you buy a 1GB plan you get 250mb bonus instead of 0... or if you buy 500mb plan maybe a 125mb bonus. Something % based not only to the "higher priced" plans

bonus.png

The bonus is of course for high priced plans. $40, $45, $50. Not $30-35

I was so excited when I saw "These offers will expire on October 15th, 2018 at 11:59 EDT. " I thought we were finally going to get something new, something refreshed, something away from "more for more" but couple days later we get the exact same thing.

popping

PM has no reason to offer cheap LTE plan because

1.  Subscribers are waiting 3 - 5 days to get help from moderator team unless the wait time is down to a few hours.

2.  PM is winning the third tier providers war with the faster 3G speed and no zone.  No point to offer more.

@Wonder_why wrote:

@Alan_K will be nice to see talk text and 5GB Data LTE SPEED 😁  for $40 

Please don't hold your breath.  Ever since the 2016 fall promo, the deals being offered are generally "response to competition" which is somewhat unfortunate. 

@Wonder_why wrote:

Until the competition (CHATR and Lucky) offer LTE Speeds I can't see us being offered any LTE promos.  We will have to wait until 5G is fully rolled out and the other tiers are on that then we can move the promos up to LTE.  As ever new promo seems to be a "Competitive Response"

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Double post

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

drmartin

Fantastic! A lot of people were sad when this ended.  Excellent offer. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan_K: Again with the high data promos. How about a "competitive response " with the low dollar plans. Say $10 unlimited provincial/unlimited text? Hmm? 🙂

Bringing back value to the 90-day cycles, 3G speeds AND LTE Speeds is a must.  There are users who prefer the once held value of a longer cycle, at a reduced price of 3x30-day costs.  This is a market that Public Mobile can win back, and the others do not have (currently available).

smp99

Why even bother with a limited time promo. Just make this a standard plan. You keep bringing it 'back' 

It kind of kills the 4+1GB 30 day plan for $45 recently announced

You could offer it up in a 90 day package, that would be an announcement

KMG

Glad to see that this plan is back!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Alan_K, thanks for the update on this offer coming back.  I would like to read more about promos that start with AS A COMPETITIVE INTIATIVE we are offering this ...... and see Chatr and Lucky respond to that.  PM was an industry leader and other providers had to respond to the promos here.  Will we ever see those days again?

mimmo

Why not simply make it perminant 🙂

Better yet make others respond to PM's promos.

$27 talk text and 250-500 mb data?

Need Help? Let's chat.