Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting August 13 to August 16 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free when they activate on any plan $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by August 16 using the promo code to redeem this offer.

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by August 16 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus 
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40, $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

91 REPLIES 91

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Looking at what  @Twopennybuffalo  has uncovered for them if it is indeed a glitch,  then PM would look pretty small indeed not to offer the 2 gig rcbonus  in appreciation. 

I think they idea is if you are ready to loss it after confirming , then yes. go ahead and confirm it for everyone

and on the other hand, if you find out the 3GB was a one time only, then you will be glad you ask early and change it back to 2GB.. you never know, if you ask too late (after the month when you notice it is not recurring), maybe they decline to change it back.

barndoor

@darlicious wrote:

Sometimes some things should be wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more publicly!

@darlicious 

Hhmm  . Isn't that  getting to the heart of this place ?  I think @Twopennybuffalo  was just sharing good fortune thrown his/her way  and what is the worst case scenario ...dropping back to the 2 gig recurring bonus that was originally applied for  ? That should fly even with CSA scrutiny . It would be one thing if it was for anyone but if only new customers can get it  what are the odds many will find it before sign up without Pm marketing . 

@barndoor 

This is why......

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Possible-plan-error/m-p/710436

Sometimes some things should be wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more publicly!

@softech 

That's why we shouldn't tell people to contact the mods immediately for issues.

barndoor

@Twopennybuffalo wrote:

Ok I understand. You are correct. One would assume it should be patched by now. It seems other users have gotten this in other forums now. Maybe it isn’t supposed to be a live promo

I dunno ... I can't imagine  them having something out there that they don't know about . That looks like a fairly official offer from the pic and if they start with it and you stick with your plan  why should they have any grounds to take it away once it is in the computer . 

edited to ad ; I get the impression this was not a mistake like someone here implied  but an offer you found  or one they sent you ?   And how is that not fair game  and an offer they should either honour fully  or get deleted . 

akshaygakhar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For students going back to school in the autumn, this is a decent bargain. It's great to learn that the offer has been extended.

Twopennybuffalo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Because it says unlimited and not 1/1 leads me to believe it is reoccurring but PM I guess could pull it from me. As it wasn’t advertised!

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious Thanks for the warning, I won't do this because I want to join Public so I will abide by the rules. 

@Twopennybuffalo   i just worry it is a one time 3GB promo and not reoccurring bonus. 

To be honest, you might want to open a ticket with CS Agent to confirm if it is reoccurring and you might still able to fix it if you entered 3 by mistake.  

Let us know

Twopennybuffalo

Ok I understand. You are correct. One would assume it should be patched by now. It seems other users have gotten this in other forums now. Maybe it isn’t supposed to be a live promo

@LeePublic 

Buyer beware.

@Twopennybuffalo 

It might have worked for you but until your renewal you don't know for sure. Pm could turn around and rescind your data bonus and tell you that you did not enter valid promo code so now you get none. It's one thing to make an honest mistake and pm honours the promocode or gives you the original promocode plan data bonus.....its another thing altogether to publicly advise other customers to purposely use the promocode you accidently imputted when you activated.

LeePublic

@Twopennybuffalo I might have to give it a try! lol

Edit: Decided against it, as I don't want to lose the data.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Haiggy wrote:

I’m sorry, but how is this a ‘sale’? Or even a ‘flash’ when it’s been around for months already? Giving out bonus data is not a discount. 

@Haiggy   Yes PM keeps reannouncing this as a flash sale over the last few weeks even though it's been available for a few months now without the "sale date" limitations. 

The bonus data actually is better than the normal one time add-on bonus data offered during other flash sales as this one is reoccurring (for plans $35+) forever, or as long as you don't change plans so a good deal for anyone activating a new account.

barndoor

@Twopennybuffalo wrote:

I don’t know if it is supposed to be.but it worked for me.

And did you get it as  a new customer  or just as an upgrade ?

Twopennybuffalo

I don’t know if it is supposed to be.but it worked for me.

LeePublic

@Twopennybuffalo If this is true, then this is a hot deal!

Twopennybuffalo

FEC46EDB-C68A-4485-8D20-49133C5BD468.jpeg

Honestly just try code 3GBBONUS….. it works for some. 

LeePublic

@barndoor It kind of is a sale, you get the same GB for $35 on the $40 plan. thus a $5 savings per month.

Haiggy

I’m sorry, but how is this a ‘sale’? Or even a ‘flash’ when it’s been around for months already? Giving out bonus data is not a discount. 

barndoor

OK ...thanks  .I wondered if that was the way it worked  ...but I could find no explanation .

Doesn't really matter to me I guess because not a new customer  anyway.

@barndoorEvery 30 days, new customers receive 2GB data in addition to their plan data

@barndoor 

4 days, Friday through Monday. But that is Monday 11:59 PM EASTERN time zone so it ends at 9 PM Pacific. That is how all or at least most Flash Sales were at PM before Covid.

While a recurring data bonus at PM isn’t very common, that is what this one is. An extra 2GB every month. But choose your new plan carefully as doing a plan change in the future removes this bonus. Even if you were changing from the $40 with 5 GB plan to a possible new version of the $40 plan that came with say 6 GB of data, you lose the 2 GB monthly bonus. You keep it until you decide there is a better plan to change to.

These sort of more common data bumps are encouraging to me as it could easily result in bumps to the included data amount with some plans before too long.

AE_Collector

barndoor

LOL ... just what is a 2 gb recurring data bonus   ..I can't find a reasonable description anywhere . 

Is it really only available for 3 days ? 

Thanks .

Interesting that they are back to the old style 4 day promotions where you need to activate by the 4th day. Still need to register your email first though. So no 2 or 3 week period after registering your email to get activated which was to allow time to get your hands on a SIM card. That can be an issue for some people. There are retailers where you can get one, don’t try ordering it online from PM as it wont even be shipped before this ends.

AE_Collector

LeePublic

@Twopennybuffalo Do you mean 2GBBONUS?

Twopennybuffalo

Now let’s just see this awesome deal extended to BTS! I mean you can always try code 3GBBONUS worked for me 

LeePublic

Just in time for me to sign up! Think I'll wait longer (till the 16th) so I can maximize my current Lucky Mobile plan and then switch.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Good deal for students returning to school in the fall.  Good to hear offer has been extended.

Need Help? Let's chat.