Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

This offer has expired. 

Hey Community, 

For a limited time only, new customers can get their second month free when they activate on any plan online or in-store

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online or in-store to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

60 REPLIES 60

@fricstix 

Sometimes those of us on the wet coast dont realize when activating that the deadline is 11:59pm est as @AE_Collector has pointed out time can work for or against you.... possibly for you in your case. Thats why I ask when your renewal occurs .....

fricstix
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am in Eastern Standard Time or ET.

tealllama
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for noticing my error. I have corrected my reply. 

@fricstix 

More importantly... what time zone are you in? It is by 11:59 EASTERN. That is 8:59 PM Pacific etc.

AE_Collector

fricstix

It was pretty late when I activated, so it might have been after 11:59pm.

@tealllama wrote:

Between now and December 21st new customers can get the first two months free. 

Please realize that it's not the first two months for free. This promotion is for the second 30 days to be free. The first 30 days is full price.

tealllama
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Between now and December 21st new customers can get their second month free. Plus there are other free add-ons available right now that you can get that don't expire and you can use them when needed like extra gb of data and free calling minutes. I can't tell you what to do, but I can say I've never been disappointed that I switched to public mobile.

@fricstix 

Is there any chance you activated past 11:59pm est? When is your renewal day?  I try to spread the word....Thursday is the worst day of the week to activate....to wake up to flash sale Friday! Thats ok lots if us have been there and done that.....including me! Dont worry the savings are worth it and if you have a little hustle in you then you can be like me with a phone bill thats free! (two actually!)

Welcome to public mobile!

fricstix

I was able to get the refer a friend code after talking to a mod because it glitched when I setup. So now I will see in 72 hours if it goes through. Thank you 🙂

@hairbag1 wrote:

@fricstix wrote:

Would I be eligable if I activated yesterday? It says my email is invalid when I entered it.

When you activated your new PM account, did you use a Referal Code supplied by a family member or friend who also has a PM account ? If so, you'll get $10 credited to your account within 72 hours and the person who referred you will get a Refer-a-Friend Reward of $1 every time their plan renews.

Sweet deal eh !

@fricstix If you didn't use a referral code I would suggest you send someone/anyone a private message asking for theirs. If you ask here you will be inundated with messages lol.

@fricstix wrote:

Would I be eligable if I activated yesterday? It says my email is invalid when I entered it.

When you activated your new PM account, did you use a Referal Code supplied by a family member or friend who also has a PM account ? If so, you'll get $10 credited to your account within 72 hours and the person who referred you will get a Refer-a-Friend Reward of $1 every time their plan renews.

Sweet deal eh !

@fricstix wrote:

I suppose I won't be as hasty next time.

@fricstix Win some, lose some. There will probably be another flash sale on plans in the not to distant future. Keep an eye out, you never know when they are going to do these....

fricstix

I suppose I won't be as hasty next time.

@fricstix wrote:

@fricstix I doubt you can get in on it. The rules are "activate from 18 Dec (today).....

If you activated yesterday.........

Your email is probably deemed invalid because this is for new activations and I'm guessing the email you used is tied to your current account.

fricstix

@Anonymous 

Further Improvements to the Subject Line.

Including the Date sure clarifies things about questions that come later about this offer. I saw 4 Flash Sale replies when I checked just now and two of them were on last weekends Flash Sale Topic and two were this Weekends!

AND, if for some reason this were to get extended through Christmas or New Years Day...the Moderator needs to Edit the initial post in RED saying Qualification Time Extended until January 1, 2021. This is just an example...it ISN’T Extended!

AE_Collector

I’m the “PM Mentor” to all my friends and I screwed up. 😞 To be fair I did include all the pertinent info to him including the $35 or higher plan part but the $35 part slipped through the cracks at final sign up.

DRAT!

AE_Collector

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Doh!!! @AE_Collector 

There... I reinstated @Anonymous ‘s Subject line Improvement (the subject line in a post is copied from the post you hit the “Reply Button” on)

So this is a change from last weekends Flash Sale in that ALL plans qualify this time, not only $35 and higher plans.

I really screwed up coaching a friend through activating. He registered his email last weekend and activated last night. But he messed up and activated on the $25 plan (Buzzer Sound) and now hours later the sale is back for any plan, not $35 and higher. I may have to get him to send the moderators a nice friendly message about the error. 

AE_Collector

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Better to have one in hand than two in the bush. 😀 😀

pmpublic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@hairbag1 It was actually for 8 months instead of 6, I guess they were in a generous mood back then hah. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Limited-time-offer-Get-up-to-10-off-for...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Catherine_T, can we get these FLASH SALES to reflect all plans and have it changed to your SECOND 30 DAYS FREE, not second month FREE.  This will match the plan lengths offered and keep everything inline

Well if we're doing this too then @Catherine_T it's also not 30 _business_ days. It's just 30 days. 30 business days would put the credit past the renewal day thereby not being a "free month".

There...I fixed the subject line too. 🙂

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Catherine_T, can we get these FLASH SALES to reflect all plans and have it changed to your SECOND 30 DAYS FREE, not second month FREE.  This will match the plan lengths offered and keep everything inline

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@pmpublic wrote:

All I need is the $15 plan, and I'm debating whether to get this or wait for the possibility of seeing that $5 off for 6 months flash sale again. Someone make the decision for me please 🙂

I don't have a crystal ball that works, but I just can't see $5 x 6 month deal being offered for the $15 plan.  Add in autopay reward and you are looking paying under $10 for 6 months.  

Hi @pmpublic , as for registering for a promotion that meets your needs, I've got a recommendation.

Because there are over-lapping promos over the past several weeks, you might wish to register a different e-mail address for each of the over-lapping promos.   The reason for this is that Public Mobile will, by default, take the 1st promotion registered so if you happened to register the same e-mail address for a subsequent promo (and BOTH are still within their activation eligibility periods), you won't get the more recent one you registered for.  I'd recommend the goal should be to activate before end of year so you can get the More the Merrier promotion add-on ON TOP of the current activation promos.

I plan to register a 2nd e-mail address for the more recent promo since there's no minimal plan value limit.

If before the end of the year they release ANOTHER promo which is even better (i know, dream on...) then I can re-use the first e-mail address since the activation period will have expired for it on December 21. 

And the most important point to remember is to activate with the SAME e-mail address which matches the promo which best suits your needs.

Cheers!!

@pmpublic wrote:

All I need is the $15 plan, and I'm debating whether to get this or wait for the possibility of seeing that $5 off for 6 months flash sale again. Someone make the decision for me please 🙂

Those $5 off incentives are usually targeted at plans $25 or higher.

@pmpublic wrote:

Nobody can make that decision for  you, and nobody knows for sure what the future promotions will be. I would suggest to sign up whenever you see an offer that you're happy with.

pmpublic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Thanks

Nice to see the offer for all plans:)

@Catherine_T 

Thanks for clarifying this time around that the in-store offer is only for the initial 4 day period.

Just a quick question though:  This has been asked in the past by members.. Is the e-mail registration required during the inittial December 18-21, or is that only required if activating online from December 22 to January 8?

Also, does in-store activation from Decemer 18-21 still require e-mail pre-registration?

Need Help? Let's chat.