cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Get your next 30 days of service for $0!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective immediately until October 27, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering your next 30 days for $0 when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher online OR in-store at participating retailers! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. You can also get a $0 SIM when you activate in-store (more details HERE).

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card online or in-store at a participating retailer on a $25/mo plan or higher from now until October 27 2019, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 7 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 7 business days of activating.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • This offer is stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team  

58 REPLIES 58

john_
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The $0 SIM card apply to this flash sale offer?

Thank you

@BEER wrote:

Actually, I think that I misread the annoucement.  The way I see it is this:  Go ahead and combine it with the code BONUSDATA if you activate online before 11:59PM EDT.

Yesterday on the 25th I set up a new account at Walmart but when we inserted the BONUSDATA code it was rejected stating "does not apply". 

As I had said earlier, and @Dunkman has said since, you needed to activate online for the bonus data. Sorry, but your activation isn't eligigble.

Behzad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there any offers for other customers?

@BEER wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@DanielleMarie wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@DanielleMarie That's not what it said before.

Alan, thanks for reconsidering and making the change.

Awesome, I'm glad they changed it! Thanks everyone! 😄

Actually, I think that I misread the annoucement.  The way I see it is this:  Go ahead and combine it with the code BONUSDATA if you activate online before 11:59PM EDT.

Yesterday on the 25th I set up a new account at Walmart but when we inserted the BONUSDATA code it was rejected stating "does not apply". This was very disappointing because This bonus 2GB was one of the main reasons I set up a new account. At Walmart the clerk and I perused the PM on line offers and under the $25 plan it clearly showed the 2GB promo offer that the clerk printed out for me. However minutes later when the young clerk pointed this out to his boss, and refreshed the screen the offer disappeared.  

my bad luck but still unfair. 

@BEER 

From my understanding, the 2GB promo is not valid with in store activations.  You would have to buy it the SIM card and activate at home, online.  Also, in the terms and conditions, the 2GB promo was NOT stackable with other promos.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SALE-Get-a-bonus-2GB-of-data-when-you-a...

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@computergeek541 wrote:

@DanielleMarie wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

Yesterday on the 25th I set up a new account at Walmart but when we inserted the BONUSDATA code it was rejected stating "does not apply". This was very disappointing because This bonus 2GB was one of the main reasons I set up a new account. At Walmart the clerk and I perused the PM on line offers and under the $25 plan it clearly showed the 2GB promo offer that the clerk printed out for me. However minutes later when the young clerk pointed this out to his boss, and refreshed the screen the offer disappeared.  

my bad luck but still unfair. 

sageb1

Please offer this December 27 when my current membership ends.

@CJ_in_Chilli wrote:

Nice promos, but it's quite disappointing to see those come up less than 2 weeks after activating and not qualify.

There's always a promo coming and going. People want exceptions and they say it was one day ago. It.turns into a a week and then a month. The rules are there so we know the terms of the promo. All a company can do is provide them so people know.

CJ_in_Chilli

Nice promos, but it's quite disappointing to see those come up less than 2 weeks after activating and not qualify.

NeelJoseph

Thank you for the info.

@NeelJosephPer the annoucement:

• Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 7 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.

NeelJoseph

I activated today. But my account is not showing 0 dollar for next cycle.

@sunflowershine wrote:

Good to hear the new promotion offering!

It's ok but I think 6 months of $10 off is better for most but free month isn't bad.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good to hear the new promotion offering!

@BEER wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@BEER wrote:

Sounds great - (1) can the extra 2GB data still be applied using "BONUSDATA". ?

(2) Does the "refer a friend $10 also still apply?

1 - no,  2 - yes. 

Hey hey ..   to be safe I printed the page that offers the 2GB bonus with the code.

why does it not apply ? I don't see any exlusions in the current flash sale.  

The terms of this promotion say that you can stack other promotions with this one.  However, the terms of the BONUSDATA promotion, say other promotions can't be stacked. I see that as quite contradictory.  I've always thought of that disclaimer being because you can't enter two different promo codes for the same activation. This free 30 days of service promotion doesn't require a promo code.  In a couple hours, none of this will matter because this promotion will be over.  But, if you're going to activate tonight, I would say give the BONUSDATA code a try.

Bagel09

Wonder if anything can be done or am I SoL?

Brandonllwillia

Sounds like a good deal gotta tell my friends to come over to public

BEER

@will13am wrote:

@BEER wrote:

1 - no,  2 - yes. 

Hey hey ..   to be safe I printed the page that offers the 2GB bonus with the code.

why does it not apply ? I don't see any exlusions in the current flash sale.  

@DanielleMarie wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

Bagel09

Seriously? I just signed up  in store at WoW last Sunday- dang that sucks that I missed out on this promo.

vpakwong

seriously, why couldn't these promos come up sooner? I'm looking for a $13/month plan cheapest, and trying to waive sim card(free) for the past 2 weeks, then this comes out...I already just signed on to chatr ....

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

It's too bad that this isn't online as well.

It isn't? The post says "online OR in-store" and on the promo page it also says online: https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/30daysfor0

Did they change it since your post? I definitely want to tell friends about this but only if it's online. Heh.

@computergeek541 wrote:

Don't you feel so cheated here?  Smiley Very Happy

@BEER wrote:

1 - no,  2 - yes. 

BEER

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Nice offer indeed !

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Great deal

Happy to pass it on:)

Need Help? Let's chat.