cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Get your next 30 days of service for $0!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective September 7, 2019 until September 8, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering your next 30 days for $0 when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher online and in-store at participating retailers! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card online or in-store at a participating retailer on a $25/mo plan or higher from September 7 until September 8 2019, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 7 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 7 business days of activating.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found atca/rewardrules, apply.
  • This offer is stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team 

128 REPLIES 128

@dboxtvinfo wrote:

I have referral it would be great too hear more 

@dboxtvinfo  The next promotion should be timed for black friday in a couple of weeks. Sign up for deal alerts on the plans page.

@dboxtvinfo wrote:

There isn't anything more to hear about this offer. It ended about two months ago. Keep an eye out for new promotions.

dboxtvinfo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Dean1979 wrote:
  1. Great deals will spread the word 

This promotion is over. Comminity rewards are partly based on quality of posts.

@Dean1979 wrote:

No cost me 10$ at Walmart 

I dont shop at Wal-Mart (I try to support Canadian retailers.) But check their price match policy. Depending where you live if another retailer had a free SIM promo at the same time and Wal-Mart's policy allows it you can get a refund. Check the threads I seem to remember Wal-Mart had the free SIM promo ongoing during the flash sale. They should honour it...the employee probably didn't know about it. *sigh* Nothing new about that!

Dean1979
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No cost me 10$ at Walmart 

Dean1979
  1. Great deals will spread the word 

Dean1979

Great deals will spread the word 

Dean1979

Great deals people! 

Dean1979

@Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

Effective September 7, 2019 until September 8, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering your next 30 days for $0 when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher online and in-store at participating retailers! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card online or in-store at a participating retailer on a $25/mo plan or higher from September 7 until September 8 2019, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 7 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 7 business days of activating.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found atca/rewardrules, apply.
  • This offer is stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team 

@salmanparacha wrote:

I wanted to swith my phone line to public mobile. Missed this promo by a day. Wondering how oftern these promotions come, I have to switch by the end of this month

Looks like your not quite ready to join us in the bummer tent currently set up in the lounge as you may still catch an additional flash sale before the end of the month they may also be stackable as was the one on the weekend. Keep in mind you may want to have a SIM card handy depending where you are located to take advantage. If you are a frequent traveller to the U.S. you may want to consider the limited time $60 can/us plan once you have a plan you can keep it even if they stop offering it as long as you don't change plans. Otherwise the rbc promo is available on all plans $40+. Simply activate on line, enter RBCREWARDS IN the promo code box on the pick your plan page and pay with a credit card. Make sure you set up Auto pay to get your $2 A month reward and get your $10 referral credit when you put in a referral code on the first activation page. If you find a better promo that allows in store activation you can almost always get a free SIM card. In Vancouver try go mobile repair (always free) Wal-Mart (current promo) and London drugs. Both the latter will price match go mobile repair but I like to support the little guy!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@salmanparacha wrote:

I wanted to swith my phone line to public mobile. Missed this promo by a day. Wondering how oftern these promotions come, I have to switch by the end of this month

You can also sign up for deal alerts via email HERE. Just scroll down to about halfway! @salmanparacha 

You need to keep an eye out for new promos that can happen for a short period.  Keep checking the annoucements.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Re-How-to-get-notified-of-ANY-New-Promo...

@salmanparachaThere is currently an RBCPromo. Promos seems to come quite often, however it is nearly always restricted to new customers.

salmanparacha
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Colleen_O

The Flash Sale is over. It was valid from Sept 7 to 11:59 pm ET Sept 8.

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Awesome! I'll spread word and hopefully  get some referral rewards while I'm at it!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tuyetmy wrote:

Hello!  I just signed up for this special.  When does the credit for one month show up?  Thanks

Click on the little 1 in the lower left under this post. There you'll see all the information about the promo.

Up to 7 days.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

@tuyetmy wrote:

Hello!  I just signed up for this special.  When does the credit for one month show up?  Thanks

within 7 business days

tuyetmy

Spoiler

Dear ShawnC13,  Thank you for posting the link to make it easy for myself to reread the terms of service (and anyone else who may need to brush up on the terms) and I appreciate you highlighting the section that you are referencing. I'm sure you know that legalise can be hard to interpret for the layman although I will not use this as an excuse. I apologise once again. It was an honest mistake. A user was asking for help saving money it was about giving him a referral for him to save Ia little more money during the flash sale and how he could stack ptomos etc...i wasn't thinking about the back end. I can clearly  connect the legalise in relation to a commercial endeavor and a $1 reward. Ignorance is not an excuse but proof of intent is also essential. That being said with no sarcasm or I'll intent thank you for your very concise information I will be very careful not to contravene it in the future.  Is there summary of the most important points in plain language available to help understand it better? You have educated me today. Thank you I won't be forgetting this day. Darlicious

@darlicious wrote:

Oh goodness...i was quite serious. Had you just edited out that part of the post and not left the edit note public I wouldn't have felt the need to explain myself publicly. But I did feel as though you slapped me with a giant scarlet letter. On the other note regarding the terms of service my computer skills are SEVERELY LACKING. I thought since you have those magical Oracle powers you would be kind enough to add the link to the terms of service. You know help a fellow community member out. I'm getting the feeling that this mentorship is going sideways. You can drop it if you're not into it. There's been others that have given me great guidance so far in a far more positive manner. Geez I'm getting the feeling you don't like me or something. Gosh do we have to take this to street beefs to settle This? Or should we just go our separate ways and avoid commenting on either of our posts. Man this is turning into a real bummer...im going to head over to the lounge and hang out under that tent.

@darlicious  I understand that you are new here so maybe you are unaware that as a Group the Oracles have agreed to add a comment to posts they edit with their own name and the reason it was edited.  If you feel that you are getting special treatment don't worry you aren't.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Public-Mobile-Community-Terms-of-Servi...

2. Use of Information. The information on this Site is for informational purposes only. You agree that you will use the Site and any Content found on the Site solely for your personal, lawful purposes and that you shall not use any information contained in this Site or the links to this Site in any claims, proceedings, suits or actions against PUBLIC MOBILE, its suppliers or affiliates. You may not:

• a. post, upload, publish, display, encode, reproduce, transmit or otherwise distribute and/or disseminate information or material on the Site: constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability; (ii) which is protected by copyright, or other intellectual property right or derivative works thereof, without obtaining permission of the rights holder; (iii) promoting racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual, could be harmful to minors, or harasses or advocates harassment of another person; (iv) which solicits passwords, personal information, funds, goods and/or services or otherwise solicits information for commercial or unlawful purposes (v) that contains advertising;
  • b. engage in any conduct that impersonates any person, licensed professional, business or entity, including PUBLIC MOBILE and our employees and agents;
  • c. otherwise, use this Site in a way that is contrary to law or which could adversely impact use of the Site or the Internet by other users including the posting or transmitting of other information or software containing viruses or other disruptive components.

The moderators informed us before you arrived in the community that posting referral links or numbers (as it used to be) would be considered solicitation of funds

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Oh goodness...i was quite serious. Had you just edited out that part of the post and not left the edit note public I wouldn't have felt the need to explain myself publicly. But I did feel as though you slapped me with a giant scarlet letter. On the other note regarding the terms of service my computer skills are SEVERELY LACKING. I thought since you have those magical Oracle powers you would be kind enough to add the link to the terms of service. You know help a fellow community member out. I'm getting the feeling that this mentorship is going sideways. You can drop it if you're not into it. There's been others that have given me great guidance so far in a far more positive manner. Geez I'm getting the feeling you don't like me or something. Gosh do we have to take this to street beefs to settle This? Or should we just go our separate ways and avoid commenting on either of our posts. Man this is turning into a real bummer...im going to head over to the lounge and hang out under that tent.

Well, less than 3 hours to go now in another PM Flash Sale. If I were running things I would make two changes.  

1- Run these sales for two weeks (or even three or four) to eliminate the problems of ordering SIM cards and if inconvenient to pick them up.

2- Change the wording to make it more obvious that you activate an account for 30 days and then are credited back the amount to cover the following 30 day renewal.

Of course it would be nice to see the $10/month for 6 months credit promo along with the $25/$25 referal bonus back again too.

Terry

@darlicious wrote:

Thank you ShawnC13 - Shout out to ShawnC13 it seems he has taken me under his wing and has devoted some personal attention to help mentor me on the ins and outs of posting on the community. In response to the previous post I oops offered a referral. My bad and I would like to offer my sincerest apology for this contravention of the community terms of service. So for any new users out there please avail yourself to the terms so as to not to make this mistake as I did. I'm sure ShawnC13 can provide the link for those who want to reread it...as I'm about to. Once again thank you ShawnC13 for all the mentorship. You make the community stronger!!!!

I am not sure of the added commentary to a simple edit that I informed you about via private message.  Such a sarcastic and passive aggressive post obviously has an intended message without simply stating what the real issue you may have is bothering you

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Welcome to public mobile. 

@tjeong31 wrote:

The promotion definitely got me and I switched to PM today. I kept reading about their rewards system and competitive rate plans, and it sounded very appealing. I look forward to making as many contributions as possible! 😃

Yes Public Mobile offers 4 different ways to reduce your monthly bill 😀

Welcome to the community!

tjeong31

The promotion definitely got me and I switched to PM today. I kept reading about their rewards system and competitive rate plans, and it sounded very appealing. I look forward to making as many contributions as possible! 😃

siesta

Oh that explains it. Thanks for the clarificaiton. 🙂

First month you pay...then you will get a credit in your self serve account to make your 2nd month free 

@siesta wrote:

Hello All,

I am a new public mobile user. I just bought activated my new sim today. I have the $50 plan. I thought my bill would be $0. But it didnt.

Can anyone please explain ?

Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.