cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Get your next 30 days of service for $0!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective September 7, 2019 until September 8, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering your next 30 days for $0 when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher online and in-store at participating retailers! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card online or in-store at a participating retailer on a $25/mo plan or higher from September 7 until September 8 2019, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 7 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 7 business days of activating.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found atca/rewardrules, apply.
  • This offer is stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team 

128 REPLIES 128

Anonymous
Not applicable

@maurice 

Yes. We would all agree with you. Alas. We aren't the highly paid marketing exec's either.

There was a promo a few weeks ago where the deal was in fact to buy the SIM online and then have until a week or so later to activate it.

Good to know. Thank you! 

@Anonymous wrote:

@@

No cross-PM porting.

You could port out to another provider and then port back in to the new account. Any balances of anything would be lost on the old account though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

Actually this flash deal got me thinking.

Let's say a PM client plan is about to renew in the next few days...

Could they not buy another sim, sign up a new account to take advantage of this deal..

Then port their current number to new account and let their other account expire? To take advantage of this deal?

No cross-PM porting.

You could port out to another provider and then port back in to the new account. Any balances of anything would be lost on the old account though.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Actually this flash deal got me thinking.

Let's say a PM client plan is about to renew in the next few days...

Could they not buy another sim, sign up a new account to take advantage of this deal..

Then port their current number to new account and let their other account expire? To take advantage of this deal?

Not hard to call a friend or family member an say hey can you pick me up a sim and give me the number on sim 😁

@maurice wrote:

Pretty sure that not being close to a retailer carrying PM SIMs doesn't necessarily equate to poor cell phone service. It certainly doesn't where I live. Not to mention quality of cell phone service wasn't the point. The point is that PM is strongly online oriented. It is more than likely that the vast majority of their SIM sales are purchased online, which means they must be shipped out. There is a time lag before you will receive that ordered SIM. To announce a 3 day flash sale in which two of the shipping days are weekend days where shipping is mostly non existent, seems very odd. Especially if increasing the client base was really the object of the exercise. By restricting the window of opportunity they are literally forcing those who wish to participate to find a bricks and mortar outlet to get the deal. How 1970s of them!

maurice
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Pretty sure that not being close to a retailer carrying PM SIMs doesn't necessarily equate to poor cell phone service. It certainly doesn't where I live. Not to mention quality of cell phone service wasn't the point. The point is that PM is strongly online oriented. It is more than likely that the vast majority of their SIM sales are purchased online, which means they must be shipped out. There is a time lag before you will receive that ordered SIM. To announce a 3 day flash sale in which two of the shipping days are weekend days where shipping is mostly non existent, seems very odd. Especially if increasing the client base was really the object of the exercise. By restricting the window of opportunity they are literally forcing those who wish to participate to find a bricks and mortar outlet to get the deal. How 1970s of them!

@fyalibhai wrote:

I just purchased a SIM but it has not yet arrived. Can I activate a plan with this deal without a SIM card?

That wouldn't be possible if you purchased directly from Public Mobile.  If you want this weekend's promo, the account must be activated by Sunday 11:59pm EDT.  You could get another sim card from a store, or if you use your imagination, there are ways to get a sim card activated before you actually receive it if you purchase one from someone is willng to give you the numbers on the sim card ahead of time.

I think about 80 % of Canadians live in close proximity of an urban centre which means there's a Wal-Mart near you...or another licensed retailer. So the vast majority of us could get a SIM card. The other part of the population that doesn't have easy access to a retailer may not even have reliable cell phone service in their area. Unfortunately there remains many rural areas in this country without or with very sketchy service and I'm not talking about the arctic circle either. Many parts of nova Scotia are woefully underserved....not even 911 service as well as mountainous areas of bc etc...

maurice

It would appear that unless you already had a SIM available, perhaps in anticipation of a sale, or had access to one of the retail providers, it's pretty unlikely you would be able to benefit from this. Even with Amazon Prime, if you ordered a SIM right now it wouldn't be here until Tuesday so you're hooped. Pretty odd timing in my opinion. 

vehementflame

That's a sweet deal!

Yes if possible just buy another SIM card from a retailer or go to Wal-Mart and activate in store to get a free one. Never hurts to have an extra SIM card around to take advantage of these flash sale deals in the future. Note if you are choosing a $40 +Up plan you can get the rbc promo too but you have to activate online. If you noticed earlier in this thread pm messed up in the French language of the flash sale you could possibly get a $10 credit for buying the SIM card. Re: rbc promo put RBCREWARDS in the promo box...you can use any credit card to activate.

@AE_Collector wrote:

They have been running this promo off and on since last year when I switched to PM. Every time there are constant questions about refunds to credit card or bank account etc. Others say they wanted to try PM for a month free and that this is false advertising etc.

I don't know why they can't advertise this Promo as "Get your second month free" and clear up all the confusion.

Terry

While the details of the description do clear things up, I also feel that the title of the promotion shouldn't be written a way that can mean different things.  I've said something about this before but Public doesn't seem to agree.  The problem with "next 30 days" is that I can say "ok, starting from now".  

@darlicious wrote:

Just one more question regarding the rbc promo...i did an eligible activation but didn't put the RBCREWARDS in the promo box. I noticed on my account there is a promo box. Is it possible to get it applied retroactively?

You'd have to ask that question to the moderators.

Simon.JPG

@darlicious wrote:

Just one more question regarding the rbc promo...i did an eligible activation but didn't put the RBCREWARDS in the promo box. I noticed on my account there is a promo box. Is it possible to get it applied retroactively?

They have been running this promo off and on since last year when I switched to PM. Every time there are constant questions about refunds to credit card or bank account etc. Others say they wanted to try PM for a month free and that this is false advertising etc.

I don't know why they can't advertise this Promo as "Get your second month free" and clear up all the confusion.

Terry

@fyalibhai 

@fyalibhai wrote:

I just purchased a SIM but it has not yet arrived. Can I activate a plan with this deal without a SIM card?

Unfortunately, not.  You will need the SIM card number/card for activation.  If possible, try to drop by one of the vendors if you want this promotion.  

sunflowershine

Will spread out this promotion!

fyalibhai
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Eister
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would think it means that you may use this promo along with any other promos available... all at the same time. 

Sorry, I meant to post a reply to the “what does stackable mean” question.

@mazepka wrote:

Hi,

I just purchased the sim card on-line. How can I activate the sim to get the FLASH SALE! Get your next 30 days of service for $0?

Did you just now purchase it from publicmobile.ca?  You need to finish the activation by the end of Sunday (eastern time).  And if so, you cannot do that before you receive the sim card.

You would either need to purchase and/or activate from a store or purchase a sim card from someone who would be willing to provide you with the sim card number ahead of time. Some people on ebay, kijiji, craigslist, etc. may be willing.

chukdefatey

@mazepka wrote:

Hi,

I just purchased the sim card on-line. How can I activate the sim to get the FLASH SALE! Get your next 30 days of service for $0?

Follow the instructions in the announcement or follow the instructions from Public Mobile website

chukdefatey

@Tduggan wrote:

Okay. I just signed up by clicking on the promo on the promo page. If I am reading it correctly this amount will be credited yes? I ask as it was instantly withdrawal from my bank account and want to confirm it would in fact be credited. 

The wording is confusing they should advertise it as Pay for 30 days of Service and get your next 30 days of Service on us.   You are not getting a Refund back to your bank account. You will Receive a Credit on your Public Mobile Account for your next 30 days of Service 

mazepka

Hi,

@darlicious wrote:

The rbc promo is stackable with this flash sale?  If you activate a $40 Plan use the RBCREWARDS in the promo code box and activate online you will be credited the cost of your plan. Would the credit be $30? Or $40? 

Yes, the promotions can be combined,  but remember that the RBC promotion is for online activations only.  I don't have the answer for the next part, but either way, the renewal will be free.

The rbc promo is stackable with this flash sale?  If you activate a $40 Plan use the RBCREWARDS in the promo code box and activate online you will be credited the cost of your plan. Would the credit be $30? Or $40? 

@meganshields wrote:

Hi, I just activated my SIM card today, but was charged for my first 30 days. How long does it take for this credit to appear? Thank you 🙂

You're supposed to be charged for the first 30 days. The Public Mobile account credit will come within 7 business days.

@meganshields 

According to terms and conditions of promo, within one week.  The credit should go to your available funds for next renewal date 

meganshields

Hi, I just activated my SIM card today, but was charged for my first 30 days. How long does it take for this credit to appear? Thank you 🙂

@Tduggan wrote:

Okay. I just signed up by clicking on the promo on the promo page. If I am reading it correctly this amount will be credited yes? I ask as it was instantly withdrawal from my bank account and want to confirm it would in fact be credited. 

You'll get an Public Mobile account credit for the price of the 30 day plan. You won't receive a refund.

Tduggan

Need Help? Let's chat.