Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Aug 19 - 20: 2GB of monthly bonus data for free*

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting August 19 to August 20 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free when they activate on any plan $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by August 20 using the promo code to redeem this offer.

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by August 20 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus 
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40,  $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

55 REPLIES 55

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

The information that I was provided states that the limited time offer has expired. However, if that's the case, Public Mobile does need to remove that website, or at the very least, add an expiry date. I would expect Public Mobile to honor this promotion regardless as it's still being advertised.  I would suggest trying to the code during activation.

Link to the advertised offer: Public Mobile

I would agree . Didn't someone else point out that it has pretty much been available  since April ? 

You have to wonder if the flash sale tactic is just to get it out in the community here  to generate some referral based  sales. 

Kudos to PM for raising the bar on pricing, but a boo for the seemingly  sneaky way of managing this sale . If people are in prepaid( or even postpaid) plans elsewhere they would likley appreciate knowing that the bonus is apt to be there when they come to the end of their pay period . If they jump ship and leave a balance what are they going to think of PM when they find that the bonus offer is still in place a month from now ? It's not as though we are talking cheap plans here .   

@W12943 wrote:

Why this promotion still visible without the expired date on public mobile website? It is so confused. 

The information that I was provided states that the limited time offer has expired. However, if that's the case, Public Mobile does need to remove that website, or at the very least, add an expiry date. I would expect Public Mobile to honor this promotion regardless as it's still being advertised.  I would suggest trying to the code during activation.

Link to the advertised offer: Public Mobile

W12943
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why this promotion still visible without the expired date on public mobile website? It is so confused. 

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MetaMorpheusMob You're welcome! ☺

LeePublic

@MetaMorpheusMob 

Should it be "Unlimited"? Here's the screenshot of mine. 

You may have mistakenly inputted a promo code that is time limited.

If it is time limited, you should contact a CSA to solve your issue.

Yes, it will be used after you use up your 10.5 GB bucket, and at the same 3G speeds.pm.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MetaMorpheusMob wrote:

Hello

Simon cant help me, ticket creation is a 404 page. I feel better knowing someone thinking about me. 😜

Activated $50 plan on the last Flash Sale on 16/8 after receiving email code and still not received confirmation of 2GB of monthly data.

Email claims few days to receive the 2 GBs not 30 days.

Did I miss some caveat?

Merci

@MetaMorpheusMob 

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

@kellyharrell 

Or wait for CCS to offer 40% off the first month activation bundle for the $50 plan. Get the unactivated shipped to you. Sit on the SIM card until around the holidays pm offers a free 30 days credit promotion with a 5gb bonus data add on. Activate your sim card with CCS. If there are international calling and bonus data add on gifts from pm under the proverbial plans and add ons tree in your self serve account make sure you "purchase" them for $0.

Try to time your activation for mid-way thru your regular 30 day plan cycle. Put the second SIM card in your dual SIM phone or a back up phone to act as a WiFi hotspot. You can share the first month of the $50 plan's 10.5gb between your two 30 day cycles (the latter half of one and the first half of your next one.) Schedule a change on next renewal to the $15 hopefully once you have recieved both promotions but more importantly once you recieve the 5gb bonus data add on. If you recieve both you can choose to suspend via lost/stolen to preserve your credit.

Unsuspend* and reactivate on the plan with data suited for your needs or the $15 plan w/the 5gb(2?) data add ons** and use them to supplement your plan data on your main phone account. Use the $62+ in account credits to pay for $15 plan when reactivating when extra data is needed. Add $5 to pay for your 6th month of the $15 plan's service. If you suspend for the maximum 89 days every time you can extend the life of the account to almost 2 years with 5gb+2gb?+2gb? of data add ons to use for your initial investment of $35 to $40+tax.

* You must change the plan first and choose change immediately then unsuspend when carrying a balance that exceeds the current plans cost.

**YMMV but 99% of the time you will keep the promotional 5gb bonus data add on despite the promo's terms and conditions. This does not apply to renewable monthly plan data bonuses... these you will lose 99% of the time if you change rate plans.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kellyharrell : And if you really like your number and are willing to abandon your current account with loyalty and referral rewards or balance on hand then you could port-out then back in to the new account.

For future. For now, apparently the promo is over. But YMMV.

Edit: thanks mimmo 🙂

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious @Dunkman if the user ports out to another provider they can then port back in this keeping their number, but losing all their current rewards ets as you mentioned .

@kellyharrell 

Only if you activate a new account with a new SIM, a new email and a new phone number.

@kellyharrell wrote:

Can current users access this promotional deal as well?

@kellyharrell 

This promo has ended.  These type of promos are for new activations only.  

The only way current users can access the promotion is to open a new account with a new phone number.  Unable to port one PM number to another PM account.  So, if you don't mind giving up your present number with its rewards, etc, then existing customers can activate a new number.  

kellyharrell

Can current users access this promotional deal as well?

LeePublic

It's the 21st today, should this be taken down?

@barndoor 

My first two activations were in store at London Drugs because there was no way that I would have figured out how to do it online....I barely was able to find out about pm let alone stumbling onto the community a couple of days after the second activation.....2 years ago tomorrow. 

barndoor

@LeePublic wrote:

Just as a reminder, this flash sale is online only. 

You can buy SIM cards at gas station.

Isn't everything on PM done online ?  😉

LeePublic

Just as a reminder, this flash sale is online only. 

You can buy SIM cards at gas station.

barndoor

If in store are not eligible why don't they say so  .... isn't everything on line around here ?? 

But it's ok to go to the store for a sim ?   

I doesn't matter to me how you do it ...but making it clear in English and not just PMese  would be a step forward imho . 

If it needs to be stated specifically that $15 and $25 plans are excluded  maybe not a stretch to mention that activations at retail outlets do not qualify . 

barndoor

@NednikHenry 

The 2gb bonus with the promocode 2GBBONUS is for online activations only. However if you activated a $25+ plan there is a retail only promotion that should automatically qualify you for a 5gb one time only bonus data add on.

This will not expire rolling over each 30 days until completely consumed. The terms and conditions of the promotion likely state you will lose the 5gb bonus data add on if you change your plan**.

It will take up to 30 days for the bonus add on to be added to your account. It should appear on the right side of your overview page under "my promotions" and look similar to this...

Screenshot_20210820-122749~2.png

**Despite the terms and conditions of the promotion other customers have discovered that 99% of the time when changing to another plan or downgrading their plan to the $15 plan they have kept the bonus add on. However this is YMMV.

@NednikHenry wrote:

Im a new customer yesterday purchased at walmart and i mentioned to promo code 2GBBONUS to the associate. Do i still qualify for the 2gb bonus when my account was activated at walmart? And if so how can i confirm that she added the promo during the activation process

Sorry, but in-store activations don't qualify for this offer.

NednikHenry

Im a new customer yesterday purchased at walmart and i mentioned to promo code 2GBBONUS to the associate. Do i still qualify for the 2gb bonus when my account was activated at walmart? And if so how can i confirm that she added the promo during the activation process

@Lktriple8 

What isn't wrong with fido?!! Bad dog! Bad, bad dog!

barndoor

@Lktriple8 wrote:

Whats wrong with fido? Its under rogers

Exactly  ... it's one thing to use the Rogers network ... whole new ball game to be under Rogers . 😉

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Many Flash sales lately. Great for new customers

kaytus_0-1629463045668.png

Happy Friday

Lktriple8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Whats wrong with fido? Its under rogers

@Lktriple8 

Yes but it's fido. No thank you.

Lktriple8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Fido has a promo right now. 40$/month unlimited talk and text with 10Gbs data. Ur welcome.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

when i get a gas i will asking them, 

@Anonymous 

I just checked the voucher catalogue and @Nezgar encountered a delay redeeming a pm husky voucher maybe the next time you are there you can conduct a test to see how long the delay is for a husky pm voucher to become valid and loadable thru 611. You can add your findings to the voucher catalogue.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165

Need Help? Let's chat.