cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Activate any $25+/mo plan and get a bonus 5 GB of data + get a SIM for $0

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

From May 25 to May 26, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on a $25+ plan (Ready-Made plans only) can get a one-time bonus 5 GB of data. This will be applied as an Add-On. Plus, until May 31, 2019 at 11:59PM ET we are offering a $0 SIM card when you activate a 30-day plan in-store at participating retailers! These offers are available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• Bonus 5 GB of data: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card online or in-store at a participating retailer on a $25+/mo Ready-Made plan from May 25 until May 26 2019, you will get a one-time bonus 5 GB of data.
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Public Mobile Kiosks
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • K-Mobile
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers
    • Eligible customers will be provided the one-time 5 GB data Add-On within 7 days.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message shortly after the bonus has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.

• $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store only at participating retailers.
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

149 REPLIES 149

Macgurl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Checked at Walmart Kiosk at Queensborough. the bonus 5 GB of data is for only one month.

ddamin1981

This 5 GB data is for one time one month or every month I will get 5 GB data

ddamin1981

This add on is for only 1 time for one month or every month I will get 5 GB data

meotao
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You won't get 5GB for renewal plan. You have to activate a new account

meotao
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes 5GB data add-on will be applied automatic to your account up to 7 business days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TraOnVL wrote:

I changed plan $25 May 25, 2019 but plan will apply my next bill cycle June 14 I don't know will I get this 5 GB of bonus data? Thank you.

In this business, the definition of the word activate is to create a new account with a new SIM.

@CallMeJoof wrote:

I just activated a new account on a ready-made plan today ( $50 8GB ) but was unable to find where I could apply the 5GB bonus add-on. Is this applied automatically to accounts activated this weekend or do I need to apply it manually?

Take note...Please note it may take up to 7 business days for bonus data to be applied. Smiley Happy Patience. It will be automatic. If not after 7 days write a private message to the moderator.

@TraOnVL wrote:

I changed plan $25 May 25, 2019 but plan will apply my next bill cycle June 14 I don't know will I get this 5 GB of bonus data? Thank you.

@TraOnVL 

You will not qualify for this promotion unfortunately.  Only new activations.  Not plan changes for existing customers.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@TraOnVL wrote:

No. new activations to those plans only not for those moving switching plans if I understand correctly

@CallMeJoof 

It will be automatically to added within 7 days according to terms. 

TraOnVL

CallMeJoof

I just activated a new account in-store ( WalMart ) on a ready-made plan today ( $50 8GB ) but was unable to find where I could apply the 5GB bonus add-on. Is this applied automatically to accounts activated this weekend or do I need to apply it manually?

RayT3k

@kav2001c wrote:

I actually thought it was directly targetted to Freedom promo (4GB of bonus data)

So Public 1upped them (more data on better network)

Just checked Freedom's website - "Sign up on select plans and enjoy up to an extra 4GB of data every month". Public's offer is a one time Data Add-On - a 5GB data reserve that can be consumed over months/years until depleted.

I personally don't care if Freedom gives 100GB monthly - the network coverage, performance, and reliability is inferior compared to Public's (Telus).  It's like being given a Ferrari in a busy downtown city rush hour traffic. Very frustrating.

I actually thought it was directly targetted to Freedom promo (4GB of bonus data)

So Public 1upped them (more data on better network)

@geopublic wrote:

Lucky Smiley Sad and Chatr Smiley Sad must be Smiley Frustrated. This is getting interesting. Maybe it's time to become a born again PM customer Smiley Happy

Colinh90
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you for your help. i think overall, im just gonna stay with Public, mainly because the network is better than Freedom. ive noticed some improvments with my phone calls and texting over the last couple of days.  plus, my biggest concern was going from LTE to 3G but i don't notice much of a difference at all. 

Yes if the 1gb plan would almost always do then the 5gb bonus may go a long way for your friend. And back in September the $30 plan had 1/2 fb of data. Then they added the autopay 1/2 fb bonus making it 1 Gb. Then they cut it to $25. Then they cancelled it to new customers and brought it back at $25 for 1gb total data. So.... it may not be long before a bit more data gets added to the plan. Don’t overthink it too far into the future. Terry

@AE_Collector wrote:

I really don’t see this as a perk worth spending a bunch of time to do a work around to take advantage of it. Yes it is a little incentive for someone about ready to make the move to actually get it done but beyond that... we’re jit talking months of fee service or a free phone etc. If you missed out on it this time take advantage of this offer by getting some friends and family onboard this weekend and you will get $ off your plan as long as you are with PM! Or start planting the seeds with friends and family and it shoukdn’t be long before the next $25 credit promo for referring new customers.

@AE_Collector if i could i would give you 2 bravos for it, we tend to spend hours to save cents sometimes, but in this case the true value of this offer for some people is $150.

I just referred somebody whose history of usage is 800m-1.2g, mostly its 900s but he doesn't want to be cut off and he finds $30/gig too pricy. I was waiting for 2g/30 or so to move him over. Now it's pretty safe to move him as 5g will take him really far, and i hope by then they'll have 2or3/30 or throttled over allowance cause he would be comfy with either

Sorry @mynewhome now i get what you might have meant, cause 40 it's the next one that really makes sense getting, and if you are just a tad over 1gig you wouldn't have to get on 40 plan for very long time. 

That said, PM has great rates for service and the ability to cut your monthly bill further through a $2 every month credit for signing up your credit card for payment, $1 to $5 monthly loyalty credit once you’ve been a customer for 1-5 years, $1 every month credit for each referral you make who is still with PM and anywhere up to $20/month credit for helping people out here in the community area! Coupled with the fact that service is provided on the Telus LTE network it is an unbeatable bargain in my mind. Terry

So, as I said, better than no sign up bonus but just a small perk really. PM never has huge sign up perks because they have amoungst the lowest rates you can find for service. Sign up perks are small incentives to get you to stop talking about switching and actually do it!

mynewhome

Thanks, I was going to run out and get one!

Correct. A 5gb data bonus that will last until you’ve used it up. It only kicks in when you exhaust your plans monthly data allowance.

mynewhome

whoa..am i having a senior moment? 

this is a one time 5 gig bonus...not a recurring 30 day data plan?

...feeling sheepish right about now

@mynewhome wrote:

well $15/m saving will certainly add up over time so I think its worth it 

Hi @mynewhome 

I didn't think i follow, where does 15/m come from?

I should point out 5gig is one time add-on

mynewhome

well $15/m saving will certainly add up over time so I think its worth it 

I really don’t see this as a perk worth spending a bunch of time to do a work around to take advantage of it. Yes it is a little incentive for someone about ready to make the move to actually get it done but beyond that... we’re jit talking months of fee service or a free phone etc. If you missed out on it this time take advantage of this offer by getting some friends and family onboard this weekend and you will get $ off your plan as long as you are with PM! Or start planting the seeds with friends and family and it shoukdn’t be long before the next $25 credit promo for referring new customers.

mynewhome

I have set it up to park a number and forward to another number, it did take a few days to kick in. It's a good service though. Have not tried to port out of it yet.

@Anonymous wrote:

@mynewhome wrote:

how about port your number to numberbarn.ca itfirst?,its $2 month and $5 porting fee

I'll defer to others on that. I don't know about porting *back* from such a place.

I think it's considered a VoIP provider for porting purposes. So porting times are several days to a week or two. Whereas porting to / from Canadian prepaid cell phone carrier should be in the range of a couple of hours, provided the information in the porting requests is complete and accurate.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mynewhome wrote:

how about port your number to numberbarn.ca first?,its $2 month and $5 porting fee

I'll defer to others on that. I don't know about porting *back* from such a place.

mynewhome

Ya, saw that after, apologies!

how about port your number to numberbarn.ca first?,its $2 month and $5 porting fee

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mynewhome wrote:

that's what I meant, activate a new sim with the flash sale then cancel the first one and port number over?

It's funny. Minutes before you asked your question, there were two posts about taking advantage of this promo. Scroll up and have a read.

Need Help? Let's chat.