Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: 2GB of monthly bonus data for free* | Oct 29 - [Extended to Nov 8 ]

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Happy Friday Community,

Our 2GB of monthly data Flash Sale is back by popular demand!

Same offer details and conditions still apply (below), except now you can activate by November 8.

- Public Mobile Team  

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey Community, 

Starting October 29 to November 4 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

This offer is available to new customers who activate online only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by November 4 using the promo code to redeem this offer.

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by November 4 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus 
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40, $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

68 REPLIES 68

nikichen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i signed up on my own, i was told i won't get the recurring if i do it in store, the store has to make lay of the profit form the customers... that's why i signed up on line, but PUBLIC never  give me the PROMO... terrible!  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nikichen : You said you had been in contact with an agent. What came of that? Can you send another note?

Did you sign up yourself online? Or did you do this in a store?

nikichen

i haven't received it to my account so far, it;s been 2 weeks, frustrating!! 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

@LeePublic wrote:

FYI, promo has been extended!

What a surprise!s

Yeah, this 'promo' for 2GB goes on and off every few days. I guess webmaster has to do something - change main page every few days to earn its money.

PM could make this 'promo' permanent instead of yo-yoing it.

@LeePublic wrote:

What a surprise!s

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you missed the deadline for the promotion, then there's no dispute on the company's end. When it comes to marketing end, the right hand doesn't work with the left hand.  Then they'll drop the ball.  Hopefully they'll learn from that mistake.

@Quigley wrote:

What's wrong with that?  You snooze you lose!   lol

True. .nothing wrong.. but if it happens. .it's a bad PR/Marketing move

the ongoing "flash" sales has already  built an expectation that sale date can be ignored  and it will keep renew and renew..I understand for the business.. it's true rule is rule.. you missed it, you missed it.   But any  promotion ended up with disputes in the end is certainly a bad marketing. 

What's wrong with that?  You snooze you lose!   lol

.. another thing.. this flash sale better be long live and forever.. if one day you start to pull this away without BIG  announcement, there will certainly many upset new customers and potential customers as they missed the "flash" (not so flash) promotion.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@J_PM  maybe it's time to make this a perminant plan/ feature.  Especially as seeing the promo code has never appeared to be disabled after the flash sale ends.

But I guess the flash sale idea makes it easier to change plans without actually changing plans and upsetting the competition. And might make others on the fence join  before the sale ends.

Jacno
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks guys. A mod named guy corrected it for me and even helped complete my profile. When I hear a ," community" i was thinking sort of like reddit moderators you know? Like they had volunteer workers lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nikichen wrote:

If you are NOT used to only communicating by  typing back and forth with an  "agent ", and can't speak some a real person over the phone to solve problem and get customer services. 

I don't recommend you to join PUBLIC , I have been suffering with problems for the past 10 days since I joined!! 

@nikichen 

at public mobile customer service customer service only by CS_Agentno email no call.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nikichen wrote:

where? it's been 10day, I bought the 35 dollar plan, am still in communication with a agent, not resolved so far, service is so NOT  helpful

@nikichen 

do you Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and ??

and you have to contact @J_PM 

nikichen

If you are NOT used to only communicating by  typing back and forth with an  "agent ", and can't speak some a real person over the phone to solve problem and get customer services. 

I don't recommend you to join PUBLIC , I have been suffering with problems for the past 10 days since I joined!! 

nikichen

where? it's been 10day, I bought the 35 dollar plan, am still in communication with a agent, not resolved so far, service is so NOT  helpful

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nikichen wrote:

I was promised with this PROM code , and i used it, but haven't gotten the 2G recurring, Please DO NOT believe them, it's a scam!!!

@nikichen 

Terms and conditions 

* Activate on any plan $35 or more and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus for a limited time. For a limited time only. Offer available to new customers who activate online. 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40, $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers. This offer is subject to change without notice.

get 2GB of monthly bonus data, Public Mobile.

nikichen

I was promised with this PROM code , and i used it, but haven't gotten the 2G recurring, Please DO NOT believe them, it's a scam!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jacno : If you activated online yourself with a $35 or higher plan and used the 2GBBONUS promo code during that activation then it says you would see the promo within 2 business days. It would show on the right side of the overview...not under My Data & Add-ons.

@Jacno wrote:

I just switched from freedom mobile and my 2 gb was not applied. What a waste, what can I do? The whole, "we are have no agents and are self serve" doesnt make sense to me?

@Jacno 

Was your plan $35 and over?  you activate yourself online?

actually, it is very easy to get the 2GBBonus back if you are eligible (YES to both  my questions above) 

Simply open a ticket with PM and they can add it back for you without issue:

1. 1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.
    Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.
  2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

RPT

I had some trouble with my switch over and had to put in a trouble ticket.

So an agent contacted me. I would suggest putting in a trouble ticket. That way you should be able to express your problem to a real body. I did not get my 2GB bonus at first either and once my trouble was resolved the agent was able to correct that immediately.

The  CS agent i was dealing with went by the name Hassel. He was very good.

Jacno

I just switched from freedom mobile and my 2 gb was not applied. What a waste, what can I do? The whole, "we are have no agents and are self serve" doesnt make sense to me?

@yackinlyn 

@yackinlyn wrote:

does it have to be use your promo code 2GBBONUS? can it be friends code?

You can enter both codes.  It should be in two different areas during the activation process.  

yackinlyn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

does it have to be use your promo code 2GBBONUS? can it be friends code?

The goal of this "never-ending" 2GBBONUS flash sale is

1) to increase number of subscribers

Always "new customers only" - and there really aren't many "new" customers in Canada, everybody who can get a mobile phone service already has a mobile phone service - so the +2GB is basically a bribe to entice people away from other providers.

2) to increase the average subscriber revenue

These offers always, always require signup for a plan which costs $35 or more. It's obviously worthwhile for them to give away a couple extra GB to secure that revenue, it's obviously not worthwhile for them to give away extra data to secure puny $15 and $25 plans.

I know someone who signed up with PM not so long ago and didn't have any particular attachment to the random number PM assigned to him. So he basically used up all the funds in his account, allowed it to get suspended, is allowing it to terminate. He pays the same on his new PM account as he did before, but this time he doesn't get a 1-year Loyalty Reward and does gets +2GB/month. For him it was a good deal, $1 vs 2GB.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@softech I agree, once PM permanently stops the flash sales, there might be complaints about the amount of data as PM has frequently promoted the 2 GB bonus. I suspect all plans with data will get a data bump sometime in the future. Possibly this could be the Christmas gift, or it could happen next year! No one knows what's possible in the future.

Never cry wolf..

one day when PM really ends the promo and not extend it further, I am not surprise we will see many ugly posts here upsetting why they don't get the 2GB

(of course, maybe instead of ending the flash sale, it will be an announcement that plans $35 and above will all have 2GB more data .. for everyone)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RPT : Some might argue that the promo never really stopped. If you activated online and used the promo code then you should be good and to see it in a couple days. If not, it's been well demonstrated that people can ask for it after the fact.

@RPT wrote:

I have just switched over to Public Mobile from TELUS on OCT 28. I originally wanted to take advantage of this 2GB bonus offer but by the time I received my SIM card it did not appear to be available.

Now I see that it has been extended. Is it possible to still get this Bonus.

I currently have an active trouble ticket since my telephone number did not transfer properly.

So I am waiting resolution to this issue as well.

@RPT wrote:

I have just switched over to Public Mobile from TELUS on OCT 28. I originally wanted to take advantage of this 2GB bonus offer but by the time I received my SIM card it did not appear to be available.

I currently have an active trouble ticket since my telephone number did not transfer properly.

@RPT 

Did you put in the promo code when you activated your account?

You may also want to add this request with the Customer Service agent (CSA) that you are talking with your porting issue.  CSA may be able to help also.  

RPT

Need Help? Let's chat.