cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jade_S
Public Mobile

Alert Ready Test on November 17, 2021

Hey Community, 

On November 17, 2021, the Government of Canada will conduct an Alert Ready Test to compatible mobile devices in each province and territory. Alert Ready is designed to deliver critical and potentially life-saving alerts to Canadians. Test alerts educate Canadians on what an emergency alert will look and sound like in the event of a life-threatening situation.

The test message will be distributed on TV, radio and compatible wireless devices. The emergency alert will display on customers' devices, accompanied by the alert sound, unless your phone is set to vibrate, silent or turned off. However, not all wireless devices will receive the test message. This may occur for various reasons; device compatibility, connection to an LTE network, cell tower coverage, and device software and settings. 

To learn more about the Alert Ready service, what devices are supported, and the test schedule for your province or territory, visit alertready.ca

-  Public Mobile Community Team 

0PX9O4
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Alert Ready Test on November 17, 2021

Thank you for the announcement, this is super useful to know in advance!

For me this will be a test of whether or not the steps I took to disable such alerts on my Android phone were successful 😂😛😇

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Good to know. Thank you.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks!

Yummy
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Lets see how it will go. I hope it will work good when real issue occurs...

Pawprints1986
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@0PX9O4 I'm curious, what methods did you use?

I know one was is turn device to wcdma only, but I'm curious what you've done 

(Just to say, I'm not against them, but I am however disabled, rarely out, and ultimately of no help if it's something such as amber alert. I don't even face a street lol. As well I do believe there could be beneficial tweaks they could implement on their end)

Dtack

Thanks for the advance notice!

jor123

In the past I've rarely got these, even while on the LTE network with good signal. Odd. 

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986  As you thought, the phone is likely set to 3g only to block alerts. Alert settings won't block it.

0PX9O4

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

@0PX9O4 I'm curious, what methods did you use?

I know one was is turn device to wcdma only, but I'm curious what you've done 

(Just to say, I'm not against them, but I am however disabled, rarely out, and ultimately of no help if it's something such as amber alert. I don't even face a street lol. As well I do believe there could be beneficial tweaks they could implement on their end)

@Pawprints1986 

I used the steps outlined for a Samsung phone in the following thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/ontario/comments/boxx11/how_to_disable_amber_alerts/

Need Help? Let's chat.