Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: 2GB of monthly bonus data for free* Oct 15 - 18

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting October 15 to October 18 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

This offer is available to new customers who activate online only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by October 18 using the promo code to redeem this offer.

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by October 18 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus 
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40,  $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

30 REPLIES 30

jsoul
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just signed up 2 days ago, got the deal and all is in order.  Fully set up now, looking forward to the community and help out in anyway possible.  😎  Lovin' public offerings! 

@Hamids wrote:

Why can't I have this promotion?? I have been with the company for 5 years and I can't get crap.  

Get a new sim card and start a new account.

If you've been here for 5 years, then you know PM has given you some free "crap" in the past.

I still have free Holiday data available from a couple of Xmas freebies...er...crap. 😷

Hamids
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why can't I have this promotion?? I have been with the company for 5 years and I can't get crap.  

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

At PM, loyalty means increasing reward at every anniversary by $1 per month and that saving can be used to buy data add-ons. New customers dont have that reward. 

numa

3GBBONUS is probably working too. Also cmon, when these deals come for new customers only, they are basically asking loyal customers to switch every year. Loyalty means nothing.

pkaraa

if this promotion is ever extending, PM should increase the data by 2GB on the plan. 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barndoor wrote:

So why is @Anonymous  continually going on  about there being nothing for the existing customer??    Are these offered to everyone or are they perks for top rated staff ?

@barndoor : The poster and others saying the same thing are correct.

I sometimes pipe in with separating the terminology. This thread is about a promo. The items listed in my image are gifts. The company probably sees it all as something to do with promotion/promoting/advertising/marketing, but I separate them for the purposes of the community. But that's just me. I'm pleased to see that most people appear to go along with that concept.

Summer 2020 the company had a regional giveaway of (after a bit of a shamozzle rolling out) 1000 minutes and 5gb. So yes those two were not for everyone. The rest were for everyone.

And just a reminder...we are all just customers...not staff...(some people might want to "accuse" another of being staff for whatever reason they imagine).

@barndoor wrote:

@esjliv   Will your privacy settings have any effect  on what you may receive ? 

@barndoor 

It is possible, if you blocked certain texts/numbers from Public Mobile you may miss a targeted offer.

OR, if you unsubscribed from any of Public Mobile emails. 

But, privacy settings in your Community Account (if that is what you were referring to) should not affect anything you are eligible to receive for your PM account.

Just keep popping in here to see the latest news. 🙂

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@esjliv   Will your privacy settings have any effect  on what you may receive ? 

@barndoor wrote:

So why is @Anonymous  continually going on  about there being nothing for the existing customer??    Are these offered to everyone or are they perks for top rated staff ?

@barndoor 

Some of these promos are not usually automatically applied to your account; but rather you need to GO ADD them (for free) to your account via your Self Serve account, 

OR respond to a text from Public Mobile for a targeted offer.

Some are to ALL existing customers, which customers will then need to action in some way to obtain these gifts.

Some are targets to certain members or regions.

@2000firehawk wrote:

Just like telus they dont care about existing customers

@2000firehawk 

It's a common business practice that mobile providers put more effort to get new customers.  It's unfortunate but it's normal.  

Luckily customers can fight back easily (or at least take advanage), with easy porting now, you can freely port to another providers.    As in the case with PM, since PM plans are all non-contract, you can port away without any worry or without penalty

barndoor

@Anonymous wrote:

@2000firehawk : I and several others around here might beg to differ:

z10user4_0-1633235585610.png

smp99

yeah - I had to downgrade my wife's plan to $15 just so she would start using some of the free bonus add-ons. What's the point of the free add-on if you never use it. It will will take her a year before she needs more, meanwhile saving $20 month. I won't run it dry, I will keep a little bonus reserve

Anonymous
Not applicable

@2000firehawk : I and several others around here might beg to differ:

z10user4_0-1633235585610.png

2000firehawk

Just like telus they dont care about existing customers

sunflowershine

Nice! Will let my friends know about the promotion! 

sasharma

I already got this deal on Oct 11 , I think this is ongoing promotion 

LeePublic

@Campbell Yes that's correct. Here's the plan line up including the promotional 2 GB.

$35 5 GB

$40 7 GB

$50 12.5 GB

$70 17.5 GB

(Minus $2 with auto-pay)

@Campbell wrote:

So, every month, if having the $35 plan with autopay, I would get 5gb EVERY month?? 

@Campbell   Yes you would get the 2GB bonus data (in addition to plan data) every 30 days as long as it's on a new activation of plans $35+ and you don't change plans after.

fujiyama

Even though I never manage to refer anyone every time this promo comes up it's still nice to see a promo regularly 😄

Thanks!

Campbell

So, every month, if having the $35 plan with autopay, I would get 5gb EVERY month?? 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

That's awesome! Just wanted to refer PM to some of the friends today. A good additional benefit for them to join our community😊

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_PM 

nice 2GB Free promo code 2GBBONUSfor new customer Activate online only....enjoyed..

and for Existing Customer nothing will provide 
public mobile have to provide special deals for existing customer,
i hope they will do something.
i appreciate you and your Team thank you very much...

LeePublic

Anyone who is reading this and is seriously considering joining Public Mobile can get the SIM cards at gas stations/convenience stores like Shell. While it's not the cheapest way to get a SIM, (SIMs are $10) it's the fastest way to get a SIM. And with a referral code, ($10 credit) you can offset the cost of the SIM card.

barndoor

@Triguy wrote:

Good news that the offer has been extended.

LOL  ...why ? What message does repeating this over and over and over  send ?

Tiprix

At this rate the additional 2Gb of data will be ingrained in the $35 + up plans… and the $15 and $25 will need an upgrade 😄

BlueB

This promotion sounds familiar..............

I noticed these flash "sales" are getting harder to get with a shorter window especially with ordering a SIM card from Public Mobile can take so long.  As experienced members, we know of many other/cheaper/faster ways of getting a SIM card, but for somebody new to the service, they would be at a disadvantage.

Nice to advertise this promotion again.

However, customers have been able to get this promotion in-between these flash promotions.  Some customers have been getting emails from PM for this promo.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Would love to see these 2GB extra becomes part of the regular plans soon.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Good news that the offer has been extended.

Need Help? Let's chat.