Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: 2GB of monthly bonus data for free* | Jan 14 - 17

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting January 14 to January 17 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free and 50% off their SIM card when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS.

This offer is available to new customers who activate online only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by January 17  using the promo code to redeem this offer

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by January 17 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus and 50% off on your SIM card.
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40,  $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

25 REPLIES 25

Hi @Flett   , 

I guess if you have activated today  on a plan $35 or more, you should still be eligible for it.  Yes, we supposed to submit email ahead but I don't think this is actually needed.  The important part is whether you activate online or not

Please open a ticket with PM Support.  click on the Bubble on the lower right or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.
Follow these these to get to ticket open page quicker:

1. type: Contact CS Agent
  2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Other"
  4. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Flett 

If you have met all of the terms and conditions of the promotion then contact customer support and ask if they will apply the promocode 2GBBONUS.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Flett
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have just activated today, Jan 17th. I was unaware of the activation code 2GBBONUS needing to be applied. Can it be applied to my account now so that I can receive this bonus?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@malaandre 

There has been a retail offering of this promotion that limited it to 6 months and currently CCS has it as a 3 month only promotion. So I would still ask for it to be added and see what happens. I can tell you there was one customer in a similar situation several months ago that did get it added with an unlimited expiry that was quite a surprise.....but I wouldn't count on that rather be happy with whatever length of the promotion you get if the CSA to add it to your account.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@malaandre   The 2GBBonus is supposed to be online activation only and not in-store.  I am afraid you cannot take advantage of the promotion.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@malaandre : Activating in store may only be for 6 months. The promo proper needed to be done yourself online.

Contact a Customer Support Agent

Customer Support Agents hours of operation 

Everything about everything here 

malaandre

Hi, so I activated my SIM card today at Walmart and the cashier forgot to add the promo code 2GBBONUS to my account. Now I am trying to find a phone number to call or contact someone to add it past pay and I can’t find any. Can you guys help me please?

Thanks, Andrea

@Faz1 so, you tried the code and failed?  just open a ticket with PM support, they will verify and add it back for you if you have done everything right 

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.  

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click  "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket".  Then follow to complete the ticket submission.     

1. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Faz1

Hi there,

I signed up for a new activation with $35 plan yesterday and tried to get this offer but the code gave error.  Who can I talk to?

@snivas017 wrote:

Hi, for some reason i cant get this 2GBBONUS promo on my sim. did happened to activate it on 15th Jan2021

@snivas017  - do you meet all the activation requirements as posted by Jade_S in the beginning of this post?

Highlights below. Takes 2 Business days to be applied to your account.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by January 17  using the promo code to redeem this offer

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by January 17 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus and 50% off on your SIM card.
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40,  $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 

snivas017

Hi, for some reason i cant get this 2GBBONUS promo on my sim. did happened to activate it on 15th Jan2021

@softech 

Well I'm curious because  I just updated my CCS marketing thread with their 3rd month free credit promo and they mentioned a $5 account credit. So I am trying to see if this 2 and that 2 add up to 4?

@darlicious wrote:

@J_PM 

Can you explain to me how you get 50% off a sim card and get in it time to activate on this offer within the time frame and terms and conditions as described? Or is pm adding a $5 credit to new accounts to give them 50% off the msrp of a pm sim card regardless of where they get their sim card as long as they activarpte online before 11:59:59pm eastern on January 17th?

Get it now and wait for the flash sale for next week, or the week after. 🙂

but to be honest, the 2GBBonus has been an ongoing thing and not really a weekend sale..

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

Can you explain to me how you get 50% off a sim card and get in it time to activate on this offer within the time frame and terms and conditions as described? Or is pm adding a $5 credit to new accounts to give them 50% off the msrp of a pm sim card regardless of where they get their sim card as long as they activate online before 11:59:59pm eastern on January 17th?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Great to have a promo happening; always nice to have something sweeten the pot.

Tricky on timing if you do not have a SIM up and ready to activate though.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Luddite 

Very generous of you to offer! But my friend whom I'm trying to refer is in a different province from me, and I suspect having her pick up a SIM from someone would only make things even more complicated for her.

I have a spare SIM you may have. If you think that can help send me a private message. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_PM 

For New Customer Activate online only....nice 2GB Free promo code 2GBBONUS.....enjoyed..

and for Existing Customer nothing will provide 
public mobile have to provide special deals for existing customer,
i hope they will do something.
i appreciate you and your Team thank you very much for everything...

but that 2GB Free bonus for a long time in here so why public mobile increase plan by 2GB, is much better to keep bring 2GB Free bonus and a lot existing customer sad and is will be very nice to existing customer upgrade plan to increase Data.. i hope you can submit to your higher department maybe they can do it.

another suggest to public mobile bring like that deals
for New plan for $20
with -$2 AutoPay
Unlimited for Canada-wide minutes,
Unlimited Text,
No data,
For existing and new customer...

@Anonymous wrote:

How could a customer possibly get a SIM online over a weekend other then spending a fortune on shipping. 

@Anonymous  You are here long enough, you know, if you missed this train, the next one is right there in couple minutes (new "Flash" sale next week...LoL)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

I notice the line "Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days", look like PM really speeded up the SIM ordering fulfillment, Thumb UP.. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM Another awesome offer for new users. Thank you for this!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@0PX9O4 : If past practice is any indication then they will honour it. If someone submits their email address by the end of the promo then they must honour it. The promo mentions ordering a SIM online. How could a customer possibly get a SIM online over a weekend other then spending a fortune on shipping. So no...they must honour it. And they have.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm trying to convince someone to sign up for PM, but am wondering whether the promo will be honoured after Jan 17th if someone registers before then, but is only able to receive and activate the SIM after the promo end date?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

First sale of the year!!! 

Glad this promos stays  🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.